Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I got to the end of death stranding last night and what an experience. I loved it so very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jeremor posted:

Really tempted to grab this on 50% off... is it a really good chill out game, even when you don't have like hours at a time to devote to it? That's my main concern right now. I might only have like 30 mins or an hour a night to really dive into it.

In between the story parts yes, but once you start advancing the story the cutscenes can be very long.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Bedshaped posted:

Is there any downside to having a bladder full of piss? I was hiking through the mountains when I realized I hadn't gone in a while and it was at 1000ml.

I dunno, sometimes the piss grenades are more clear, indicating better hydration. There's probably some small differences in terms of power of piss grenades or maybe you move faster with an empty bladder or walk funny if your bladder is filled.

Kojima thinks or just about everything.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

former glory posted:

I feel like I may be playing wrong, because I'm in chapter 3 just retrieved the craftsman's toolbox from that BT-filled ruin and my crystals are just piling up. I'm sitting on over 1000 and probably another few 1000 stored at past facilities. The equipment crafting uses a bit, but nowhere near enough to drain me. Are you guys piling them into something else, like the roads? Or maybe there's another mechanic coming up that drains it?

Roads and repairing stuff you build, like lockers and other structures you build with the PCCs. 1000 isn't all that much in the future, but you're good for now. Don't stress and grind yet.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

OwlFancier posted:

They really made a game where you throw your poo poo, piss, and gamer girl bathwater at ghosts huh?

Game owns.

why is there not a longest piss (duration and distance) metric in the game?

Hmm, I'd go above the first pepper or veteran porter and unzip there. Just dont eat any yellow snow.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Dilettante. posted:

I've been grabbing all the lovely stuff out of the shared lockers and recycling it all. Hopefully I'm not loving other players over.

I do deliver lost cargo and donate equaly lovely items when I can. :angel:

Are you my wife/husband?!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

night slime posted:

I have ziplines to all the places when I was trying to do all 500 missions but I stopped at 473 or so. Would post a video of me using all of them but I hesitated for a second and realized I'm afraid of being called the zipline emperor afterwards

Line liege.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cloks posted:

i respectfully disagree, the ending was great

Not an empty quote. You just reunited America via hiking. An ending needs to be at least that long and epic.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Party Boat posted:

Just like Yoji Shinkawa saying "at first I thought he was kidding, but I soon realised that Mr Kojima was serious" about MGS2

"PRINCESS BEACH" he might be kidding, but he's also serious

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

grieving for Gandalf posted:

being able to find Cyberpunk poo poo is enormously funny now

Do you find a bunch of discs in a landfill?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Rahu posted:

The regular version is better anyways, Kojima took away my poor boy's Monster :smithcloud:

Piss grenades needed to be nerfed and this was the only way.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
If it's not an ORDER FOR SAM you can fail it with no major fallout. I'd suggest progressing the story because you get a bunch of better ways to handle BTs but not for a while. They're gated behind story. Or you can load up on hematic and piss grenades. It's way easier to just do story for a while though.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's been said earlier but if you use the odradeck while staying still you can see the BTs. If you need to go through, chuck a few piss or blood grenades to clear the area. It's slow but will get you where you need to go.

After beating the game I wish I had done the story more early on to get the travel upgrades instead of struggling with walking around places that you should only walk to once or twice.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
My backlog suffers but I'm getting tangible likes on my road improvements

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Pretty sure other people's structures don't count against your network limit?

Just helped Mama take a trip. I love this game.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've noticed this and I tell myself it's people going after the "Master Builder" and "Trail-Blazer" achievements, because otherwise it's weird as hell.

I figure that's it. My first playthrough I ran out of bandwidth before I hit the structure limit.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

disposablewords posted:

Okay, I've got to ask this - and I don't need specifics on it, just a yes or no, but will "Die-Hardman" ever make any sense as a name?

Most of the names make sense if you realize most everyone's basically named as if they were going to be talked about by people who remember them but can't really remember their name. (I am extremely guilty of this all the time.) Someone you might call "the weather guy" being literally named Weatherstone, stuff like that. Very on the nose names but the way people are going to ultimately refer to them anyway, but with a hint of internal consistency since people seem to have revived the old practice of deriving names from their work - Sam Porter Bridges has even intentionally done so to sever himself from his old family.

And then there's Die-Hardman sticking out like a sore thumb. It definitely means I'm watching every appearance of his very closely, though, which for all I know is the actual intention behind that name and I'm letting it distract me from something else important that goes on around his appearances.

Have you delivered any pizza yet?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

disposablewords posted:

A couple, and yeah that guy has an entirely normal name and also never shows his face so something's gotta be up with him.

Also, cool, thanks for the prompt answers.

Keep doing his missions. There's a good payoff. Don't Google it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's German for The Hardman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I still never remember when Lou starts