Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

acksplode posted:

Won't happen, Sony wouldn't let it. It would undermine the backwards compatibility that Sony is pushing. The message is that your library will come with you to PS5, you won't have to rebuy it.

Eh, I could see a lot of games getting PS5 ports regardless of BC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gripweed posted:

If I'm being fully honest, I do think that after a certain number of playthroughs, the level where you follow the guy can get dull.

Even on the first playthrough that part sucks. I still love 4 but that part was such a missed opportunity. Snake having to sneak through a civilian area is such a good idea but they dropped the ball.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Peace Walker was better than V in a few respects. Like having coop missions.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao here we go!

Well I’m convinced.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lol if you think V will be the last Metal Gear game Kojima works on in his life.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s not Silent Hills but I wouldn’t be shocked if they put a lot of planned elements from it in this game.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 2, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Except it is? Konami owns the property, and Kojima had a famously acrimonious split with them. The chance of Konami re-employing Kojima, a man with his own development studio now, is virtually nil.

I see a lot of different situations where all these things are overcame. Money talks.

It don’t think it’ll be in the near future though of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I miss playing this game. Looking forward to playing it again on PC whenever I get something new. I’m not embarrassed to say that I think Kojima owns still.