Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it just me or are (Chapter 8-ish) the red/gold BT's immune to Sam's blood? :stare:

Use the cord cutter. Or wait til you have it, I forget exactly when you get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Colonel Whitey posted:

I’m trying to create human connections here. I’ve now formed a strand with you

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

stev posted:

I really wish there were at least a couple of NPCs in cities and distribution centres. Unless the game is gearing up for you're the only one left, everyone else is an AI/hologram twist it makes no sense for there not to be a couple of guys loading cargo or working on cars etc.

It's probably to reduce resources used, or they didn't have time to deal with every way you could conceivably gently caress with NPCs even with weapons locked. They do greet you as holograms when you show up all the time though. Also from the NPC Porters that we do come across, none of them move cargo remotely close to the scale or speed that Sam does.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Steve Yun posted:

I finished my freeway 100% finally. Freeways seem to be rugged, my oldest ones look like they’re still at 95%.

My oldest zip lines have 35% integrity. The thought of having to maintain them every week is pretty daunting, and frankly I think I’m just gonna let them deteriorate and that will be the end of my time in this game.

The candle burned hot, it burned bright, but it’s not gonna burn long.

Highways seem to be repaired every time another player in your "server" (or however it determines what players you connect with) builds the same one in their game.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I just don't understand (CHP15) why we even have to have this EE event in the first place. If you know it's coming, why not try to delay it as long as possible?

Assume it's the will of the planet or universe. It's purposely vague in origin. The point is Amelie is the first EE with intelligence and empathy, which is why she didn't want humanity to die, but eventually couldn't deal with trying to sort through all possible futures. She wanted to basically mercy kill all life, until Sam sorted her out.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, just got to South Knot City, and How in the Liquid Solid Solidus gently caress did Higgs get a loving nuke?! Holy poo poo dude, tone it down. Also, oh man Fragile you are a hero...

drat, Troy has some range. Meek delivery man to texas drawl nutjob, he is killing it. And Higgs is an unrepentant monster and it owns.

He can teleport and America probably had several nukes sitting around after the Death Stranding.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
You must have gone through the game at a pretty decent clip then. Most of the stuff I left behind had degraded by postgame.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

UltraRed posted:

Can you delete vehicles, or is the cosplayer's house just always screwed?

It's pretty much always got a truck in the door.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

precision posted:

I spent most of the game yolo-ing down mountains at full speed wearing the all terrain legs and never once beefed it and dropped all my poo poo

Reviewers are bad at video games

All you do is hold both triggers and you never fall or stumble. That's it. No shifting weight, you just sprint while holding the triggers and nothing happens. Game journalists are why games are adding dribbling idiot easy difficulties.

sloppy portmanteau posted:

I didn't notice how the inventory management screen shows the hold X prompt on its confirm button and holding will play the whole animation - pressing once also works there, no idea why they did that

Pressing once presumably only works if you scroll all the way down to select it first, while you can hold anywhere?

Literally all the inventory buttons are hold for all packages or press for just this one. You can instantly throw everything on your back, in a truck, etc.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Over There posted:

You have to be sprinting and very light.

A power skeleton helps as well.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Not bothering the item store npc because he looks busy

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Someone on Reddit actually managed to come across NPC Porters trying to proceed through a BT area. Spoilers: It doesn't end well, and you have to reload a save https://www.reddit.com/r/deathstranding/comments/e44omw/_/

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Macaluso posted:

I also had no idea that was a mechanic. I always wanted my boy Sam freshly showered between each stop

It's not. What happened is they ran his stamina low and didn't Consume Monster Energy™ Brand Energy Drink, so the game starts making Sam run out of breath and energy. This makes the rest prompt pop up, even though you can do this at any time by holding circle. This is the only way to restore stamina if your canteen is empty. Your endurance is also tied to your current stamina, so trying to wade anything but blue depth water is a Bad Idea. Still possible though if you stop walking and catch your breath in the water.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Danaru posted:

Late game spoiler, but In the last few major BT boss fights, is there a reason for the other players that jump out of the tar and throw you weapons? More specifically are they actual weapons from actual players? I figure they're just spawned from nothing and attributed to another player, but if I can dump grenade launchers into a pile to be thrown at other players, I want to pay it back. I went into a couple of those with only a bola

They exist specifically to help you in the event that you didn't bring any weapons or you just suck and take a lot of damage. As far as I know, there's no way to "pay it forward" as it were. Presumably it's just the same weapons and items that player used.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Actually it is.

Monster™️ doesn't replenish the hatched out stamina. I know because I was trapped in the loop and tried eating, drinking, and sleeping.

Truth, but the game pretty explicitly tells you the only way to restore maximum stamina is to rest in a private room.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Gonna have to agree, story's good

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Captain Queernabs posted:

I think so? I avoided touching anything BT-related and the ground turned to tar from the middle of nowhere regardless.

edit: I misread your question. I don't know why you only had one lion. I had way too many lions. I only had one squid though.

There's a few scripted encounters you can trigger on the way. But you can also avoid them. Like coming around the bend of the mountain toward Capital Knot has a lion encounter, but if you stick close to the mountain you'll avoid it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ThomasPaine posted:

I shot an idiot in the head and left the body to see what happens but it's been ages and it seems to just be sat on my map doing nothing. What are the actual consequences here?

E: also I've just reunited mama with her sister and first lol why did she die she seemed fine on the way over, and second can I feasibly finish this by Friday

If you leave a body and watch it, a BT will pop out of it and voidout. Eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytU8l90A5I4

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Chello De Don posted:

i don't think this is actually the case. i left a few dead bodies lying around and several hours later in my playthrough die hardman called me and said they were about to go BT and i needed to move the bodies to the incinerator. i wasn't able to do so, and the drat things voided out and caused me to have to redo the mission where you carry mama. so yeah, they absolutely are a gameplay element.

It seems if they're inside a certain vicinity to a distro or town, they'll take care of them. Otherwise it's a voidout.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

cubicle gangster posted:

I think I'm at the end - I'm blue, hopefully that's not too much of a spoiler. What am I supposed to be doing? I'm just aimlessly running around and sometimes I get some dialogue. Is there no way to not have to run around for 5 minutes in between each of these?

Edit: now I'm getting a cast list. Did I gently caress something up? There's no way this is the ending everyone has been raving about??

Just keep running.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

BBQ Dave posted:

Huh, I thought that was his goosebump reaction to BTs. I like your interpretation better.

Not an interpretation. The game explicitly states that he has a physical allergy to human contact because of his DOOMS.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Steve Yun posted:

Here it is, another game in the Strand Genre:

https://www.polygon.com/2019/8/2/20752088/kind-words-ziba-scott-steam-interview-game

A game where you write a question or request (that you broke up and need cheering up, etc) and somebody out there writes back.

Interesting. It's a literal hugbox.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Was I going insane or did I hear a brief jingle bell any time I ran into snow?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

sloppy portmanteau posted:

How do I get novelist's son connected to the network? Can I not do it in chapter 7? I want to finish that last bit of road I have left and like 3 of them are right inside that offline area.

Some people say resting works, I think you need to be past a certain chapter.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

precision posted:

I don't understand people who play with subtitles on for a language they speak

Subtitles are super distracting and voluntarily submitting to them is crazy to me

I can read far faster than someone talking. It lets me split focus on what's going on in the game or show because it's very difficult for me to process what someone is saying if I'm not focused on the words.

Also, as previously mentioned, audio mixes are loving trash some times.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

CJacobs posted:

Haha oh poo poo, you can jump over MULE scanner pings to evade them. I have no idea how you'd do this on purpose without a zipline, but if you're not touching the ground when it passes you it won't trigger the alarm.

The timing on this would be just as impossible as getting it with the odradek every time. Not getting more warning on pings is probably my biggest gripe with the game.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Good news for you since he said he wants to make a horror game next.

Quiet Hills, starring Norman Reedus again.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Extra note for the Chiral boots, if you run a zipline between her and the Junk Dealer you'll never need boots again. The Junk Dealer always has a delivery for her, which means you can get a bunch of spare pairs and lock them away for later. They last a ridiculous amount of time.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Power let's you carry a lot more heavy poo poo, plus it also improves your balance. Level 3 speed skeleton is definitely the way to go almost all the time though. You can absolutely haul rear end when only carrying a few things.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

rabidsquid posted:

frankly for someone who is only allowed to drink rockstar energy drink or beer i think he's doing very well for himself

Frankly I think no one drinks straight water anymore because of timefall ptsd or something.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What does the game do/look like when you don't have an internet connection? I'm about to lend my copy to someone without one and idk what the heck kind of experience they're gonna have.

They're gonna be missing out on a lot. No structures from other players, no free items from bosses, no one to respond to your shouts into the wind. No strands formed whatsoever.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

CJacobs posted:

Oh, that tip is referring to snow. Snow erodes stuff way faster.

It's a real motherfucker on your boots too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Dlowmx posted:

Hi, should I buy this game or RE2 Remake.

I'm one of the few who actually hate the remake so I'd say this every time.