Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Kangxi posted:

Some people go east to fight the Chinese, and then they bring things to me.

Oh this is surely going to end well :allears:

RIP Chokey, poked the dragon and then died.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Very callous of me, but good result. Out of the regency quick, new ruler is supposed to have good stats and if the Han come asking where all their peasants went then you don't know anything about it, must have been the last guy.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FrangibleCover posted:

Very callous of me, but good result. Out of the regency quick, new ruler is supposed to have good stats and if the Han come asking where all their peasants went then you don't know anything about it, must have been the last guy.

It was those damned rebels.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
They died the way they lived: flying like a bird.

Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

NewMars posted:

They died the way they lived: flying like a bird.

Wait, that doesn't make any sense.

The bird was a penguin.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

The Sandman posted:

The bird was a penguin.

A penguin? In the Himalayas? Penguins live in the Antarctica!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

RagnarokZ posted:

A penguin? In the Himalayas? Penguins live in the Antarctica!

Explains why he couldn't handle heights properly.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Everyone starts out a CK2 game thinking that this time they're going to be the good guys, only to inevitably be confronted with a situation where the only thing standing between them and their goals is one easily murderable child.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
W... Was this an accident? I hope it was an accident.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Oh, suspicious circumstances! When will they find a cure?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
STATE OF THE WORLD - 1150

The decades which followed the great plague of the late 11th century saw this part of Eurasia change dramatically. Where old empires and polities had found themselves unable to withstand internal stresses and external pressures, new organizations soon arose to take their place. The time of crisis and the immediate revolt was perhaps coming to a close, but none knew what recovery meant or what the future would bring.

The new Tsenmo of Tibet, Purgyal Khrimalod, took the throne after the sudden death of her nephew after a fall. She is the youngest daughter of Pelmo 'the Dragon', and returns to court after a long stint serving with the Imperial Guard and the Mongolian warriors who now swear to protect her. She rules a vast yet unstable empire, which is suffering from reduced economic output and currency inflation, a bloated and top-heavy court, and a more proactive church which has seized territory in the far western reaches.

The Han Dynasty is ruled by Xuanyan Dunli. He has a personal fondness for the great nomadic peoples of the north even though he abhors their religious practices. His father took as a family name Xuanyun, the personal name of the Yellow Emperor, tying himself and his dynasty's legitimacy to the semi-mythical founder of Chinese civilization.

To Tibet's north and west is the great Genghis Khan, Chagur, daughter of Kokochu, granddaughter of Akhutai, conqueror of the Romans. After long and arduous campaigns against the nomadic and tribal peoples to the west of the Urals, she has destroyed the Seljuk Turks and taken all of the Oxus river valley and Persia in a single decisive campaign. It is as of yet unclear if she will attack the kingdoms to her west or east.

To Tibet's south, the Maharaja Zhao Sili reigns from Goa. His father, Zhao Mo, a descendant of an itinerant warlord from the fall of the Tang Dynasty, reconquered the kingdom in 1100. He is not an incompetent ruler, but spends much of his time on his personal appearance and maintaining the lavish gardens around his palace.

The Maharani Namaiyȃr 'the Daft' of the Tamils is a passive and obedient tributary. She is happy to be left alone in Thanjavur, play board games, and bother the pujaris.

Maharani Yahasaya rules the island of Lanka, as her family has, uninterrupted, for centuries. Despite a pronounced cleft lip, she is known as an amiable and sociable queen.

Maharaja Goggiraja Guhilot retains lands outside of the city of Kandahar and around the oases of Sistan. He dreams of recovering what was taken from him.

The Seljuks had, for a brief moment stepped onto the stage of world history with their dazzling conquest of Persia from the Hamdanids. With the invasion of the Mongols, however, that soon came to an end. Padishah Ahmet clings to some of the habitable land west of the Euphrates.

The Sultana of Persia comes from a cadet branch of the Hamdanids. She retains some of the more defensible territories near the Caspian mountains, and her loyal troops fight beyond the bitter end.

The Sultana of Yemen is a distant grandchild of a Ziyadid sultan. She reigns from Aden, and still swears fealty to the sultan of Persia, even though the latter has lost nearly all of their territory and power. This fragile arrangement will not long endure.

To their west is another, more extraordinary figure. The Sultan Yasovarman was the youngest child of a poor count in what is now Mohadavisaka. He marched west in the 1110s and destroyed the Abbasid kingdoms in Egypt and Syria in a series of decisive military campaigns, and consolidating them under his own leadership. While he has adopted some of the customs of the locals and relied on them for his administration in addition to his loyal generals, he remains devoted to the gods of his homeland and the sacred river.

To his north is the Caliph Mena, whose reign began last year, in 1149. His grandfather usurped the position from the Hamdanids in a moment of domestic upheaval in 1104. His father was regarded as a kind and just ruler, and one accommodating to the people of the book. The consequences of his own reign, however, remain to be seen.

On paper, the Basileus Akhutai II retains much of the territory first granted to his grandfather, Akhutai 'the Hammer' in 1081, two years after Khutula's conquest of the Romans. He is an acknowledged descendant of the ruling family, and he has been baptized by the Ecumenical Patriach himself. However, much of the Empire's power really lies in the hands of two of his uncles - Khorchi, who controls much of the Greek peninsula, and Yegu, who controls much of the land near the Danube. For now, Yegu appears to have the upper hand, as Khorchi was publicly denounced and excommunicated from the Church, but the fate of the young emperor is far from certain.

A different Yegu Khan rules a different portion of the Mongolian conquests. He administers all of the lands from Crimea to the Ural Mountains, and he has set up camp near the river Or. He has also testified that there is but one God and Muhammad is his prophet, as his father, Toghtoga Khan, has before him.

To Yegu's north and south are some of the peoples who have most resisted the Mongolian conquests for the longest time and with the most harm caused to the Mongols - the Khazars. Khatun Sarica and her peoples roam between the river Don and the Caucasus, although different tribes, who adhere to different conceptions of their ancient law, live near the newer town of Murom.

The Kingdoms of Novgorod and Lithuania were once ruled by Vasily I, but were divided among his children after his premature death in 1133. They are even in the armies they can raise and the resources each queen can draw upon, and any war between them is likely to be protracted.

The Fylkja Gyða, Queen of the Scots, Swedes, Estonians, Finns, and of much of Norway, Holland, Wales, and Lotharingia, commands a dominant position in all of Northern Europe. Her mother, Queen Rögnhildr 'the Preacher', was a mighty warrior in her own right, known to go into fearsome trances, acting like an animal and biting on her shield -- she finally succumbed to her many wounds in 1147. Duchess Ingibjörg 'the Dragon' acts as regent.

To her south is the Queen of the Danes, Alvör, who occupies a tenuous position between the Germans and the Polish dukes, who have descended into civil warfare.

The last remaining independent ruler on all of the British Isles is Queen Sifflæd, whose castle is at Gloucester. She has retreated into mysticism and experiments with natural philosophy.

The order of the Jomsvikings is based near the city of Kleve, though they have holdings along the Rhine river and some outposts on the southern tip of England. They fight along the frontiers of the Christian Germans to the west, and the different warriors to the west.

The Carantanians remain a regional power in central Europe. Their territory stretches from the Alps to the Danube, and their mighty King Ljubomir rules from Regensburg.

The last two rulers of any consequence who follow the old Christian beliefs in Europe west of the Oder are King Arnold von Pforzheim and Queen Stefania di Cesena. They have entered into a political marriage to consolidate their rule and swear aid and assistance to each other.

The Empire of the Great Western Invaders has been shattered, but not lost completely after the plagues and the invaders from the north. While they directly control the city of Paris, most of Ireland, the city of Rome, and the southern tip of the Italian peninsula, they have turned over much of their land to loyal tributaries who are independent in all but name. The most powerful of these is Queen Emelie, brought over from Denmark. Though she follows the gods of the northerners, she is a loyal servant of the great western invaders and a bulwark against any counter-invasion.

Some of invaders' previous holdings are now entirely independent. The son of a Nahua noble, Tlaloc, now rules Sardinia, the Balearic Islands, and a slice of the coast of north Africa.

His neighbors, the Berbers, are proud that they were the first to drive the invaders back, and are ferocious about their independence.

The great caliphate of the Umayyads has splintered almost beyond recognition. Almost all of their land north of the Pyrenees has been lost. Badshah Hussayn 'the Strong' is a brute with little knowledge of governance beyond force. His great rival is Sultan Arif, who controls the south of the Iberian peninsula.

In sub-Saharan Africa, Farbas Kassa of Niamey is now the major regional ruler, with the Hausa swearing fealty to him, and the Kingdom of Mali isolated and alone.

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
Are the Polish duchies christianized at all? If they're not by this point, the low moral authority of both the Christians and the Muslims could lead to another reformed pagan religion.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Okay you’re gonna need to go into some more detail on the Indian sultan of Jerusalem

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

i81icu812 posted:

Okay you’re gonna need to go into some more detail on the Indian sultan of Jerusalem
Yes, as well as the possessed(!), clueless Danish, Pagan Queen of France who looks like she's from a Western Invader dynasty on top of all that.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

tunapirate posted:

Are the Polish duchies christianized at all? If they're not by this point, the low moral authority of both the Christians and the Muslims could lead to another reformed pagan religion.

It's an even split between Catholic and Orthodox. If any one of them has a shot of reunifying the kingdom, that's probably High Chiefess Praxida Radimich of Silesia.

Orthodox is still going strong and all of the major Mongolian rulers in Byzantium have converted, but Catholicism has been in a death spiral for some time. Most of Europe west of the Oder and north of the Pyrennes is some mix of Cathar, Fraticelli, Aztec beliefs, or Norse.

i81icu812 posted:

Okay you're gonna need to go into some more detail on the Indian sultan of Jerusalem

Where could I begin with a person like Yashovarman the Great, who reigns from the holy city of Jerusalem? How his troops are devoted to him utterly? How his 12 children are the picture of virtue and filial devotion? How he has held himself uprightly to every standard of moral conduct? How, at six decades of age and his body wracked with scars, he can draw his sword in an instant and defeat an army of younger warriors? He who has fulfilled to the utmost a warrior's duty through selfless action?

He is also a secret Buddhist.

frankenfreak posted:

Yes, as well as the possessed(!), clueless Danish, Pagan Queen of France who looks like she's from a Western Invader dynasty on top of all that.

Queen Emilie is the distant descendant of one of the first generation of warriors that came over with the first wave of the Great Western Invasion, Axayacatl. He was previously assigned as governor of Ireland. She reigns from the coastal city of Rouen. She is the only child of Queen Gunhilda of France, another loyal vassal of the Western Invaders, and her first husband, Saemundr.

Her husband, Necuametl of Locha Léin, rules the western part of Munster. They have seven children. The oldest, Gnupa, resides in the court of the Great Han.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Kangxi posted:

The oldest, Gnupa, resides in the court of the Great Han.
Now the question is, did they travel east to get there, or west?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

The world is bizarre and I love it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

My games never go this insane. What happened? Is it mostly just the super-early Aztecs throwing everything out of whack?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

megane posted:

My games never go this insane. What happened? Is it mostly just the super-early Aztecs throwing everything out of whack?

I think that has something to do with it, but also my own meddling with how big and powerful the Aztecs and Mongols came to be. I have some of the 'unusual' event chains activated but not all of them. But I've seen some things this crazy happen in other games, but I've seen things get this complicated only rarely.

Excuse a delay between updates, I've been working on fellowship applications, some tasks for work, and other projects. I'll see if I can get something in before the end of the month.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Chapter 33: 1150 to 1165 - Tsenmo Purgyal Khrimalod

As told by the Empress

When I was in the guard, there was this big Tangut, Ketuyu, right under my command. He hated my guts. He kept mouthing off to the others about how a spoiled little princess with too many books shouldn't even be in the guard, and he'd love to just run over me with a yak. One day, I asked him to join me on a patrol at night, well past the walls of Lhasa and into the countryside.

The patrol was quiet. We walked along the walls for hours. When we got back, I told him in front of everyone if he was so angry with me he would have found a chance to kill me. But he didn't, so he was just a loving coward.

He was gone. Fled the barracks out of shame. His name and his reputation were in shambles. I never saw him again.

That's me. I didn't expect to be here. My mother let me join the guard, and I come back to find my nephew on the throne after she died. Then some scoundrel dropped him off a roof, and now I'm the empress.

Even if my mother and everyone around here weren't so secretive, it's hard to know what's going on.

I go out and I hunt things. I eat what I hunt, of course, but I go after the bigger animals myself. It's an incredible feeling. I feel tense, coiled up. I have to see and listen to everything. I can hear the dry grass, I feel the wind on me. It's like I'm both predator and prey. It's hours of following and waiting, not making any sound, but then with a few seconds of action. There are few things like it.

My courtiers do know what I appreciate.

I go back to court, I hear about the kingdom, and then I head back out into the wilderness. Something about mystical warrior cults yesterday.

I've heard of a giant bear, but I've never been able to see it.

I went out again on another hunting trip, and I met a witch and her flock of animals. She fed me something strange, though I can't place what it was. I feel like I have more of an appetite now. I feel like I can take on more of life.

So I head home.

I change things up a little. Give the Guard more of a place with the rest of the military, reform the standing army, let more people in it. That kind of thing.

Tibet still grows, and it spreads out from the mountains, like trees in a field of grass. We can't make everybody do exactly what we say, I can't put them all in the guard with me. But the southerners are adopting our gods and rituals too, and some of them are joining the upper nobility. It's good to have them around.

I get letters from the great Khatun. She's an interesting person to write to, but sometimes she just suggests people for me to fight.

I don't have any problems with finding people to fight.

The arrogant Han sweep past the Yumen gate, and demand the surrender of the territory there.

The armies meet at Dulan, after too long. They were fighting some rebels in the south and I had force march many of them all the way up here. Many deserted.

I led one of the charges myself. It was getting close to the evening, and I could make out, in the streaks of flame, only the tops of the helmets, and all of us were ready to charge after the troops in front retreated. I had felt ready. But we were pushed back, and many others broke and fled.

It was the worst day of my life. I had completely failed my responsibility to the troops under my command.

And the Han move west.

I have to give the enemy their due. They were much greater fighters than they once were, and they charged out at us with painted faces and screaming like death. One swordswoman kept fighting with five arrows in her. They beat us in the open field, and we can't be complacent anymore. Winning for too long made us soft.

I was out of balance then, and I kept losing my concentration.

More things to worry about. The empire must really be rotten if the loving Jains decided to kill people.

I went back to hunting, but I could not think about the places around me and the animals. I was caught in a pit of doubt and fear.

I couldn't really concentrate on one thing from another. The courtiers complained.

Enough was enough. I threw myself at the problem of the court bureaucracy. Getting rid of ritual offices we no longer needed, driving out courtiers who did nothing and were paid for it.

I'm sure some of the nobility were upset. gently caress 'em.

The Jain were soon defeated.

By the grace of the gods, in whom I trust utterly, my wounds healed.

As I recover, I learned that the great Khatun of the Mongols had died. The world seems like a smaller place without her. It is a shame, a real shame, that she is gone. But she can't just have died choking on a peach pit I've like heard. It can't be that simple. Somebody like that doesn't die that simply and suddenly.

Her son is a shadow of her. It's like Gyalyum and her nephew, whatever his name was.

It's right to have heroes, after all. It's easy to laugh and mock at people in power but that's only for people who cannot decide and cannot change the world around them. I mean, could you imagine some other dynasty on the throne? Who else could do all this?

Other, less worthy people, will fight for a share of that glory.

I thought then of my heir. The family was so spread thin that should I die early -- gods forbid that -- the empire would pass to an aunt twice my age, who was already dying.

My husband didn't do anything. Well, at least I had fun with it. Bodyguards are good for many things.

My distant relative had died in her bed. That left me to carry the line on.

The priests had told me there was something inauspicious about the birth, and I worried terribly. I feared that at least one of us might survive, I was already feeling upset from being off my feet for so long.

I kept listening to other people. The mystical order I had heard off went west to fight off the Great Western Invaders.

The birth was hard. I had nothing to calm the pain, but I stayed up and grit my teeth.

I had terrible stomach pains for a while, but they passed.

Not long after I had recovered, the Archpriest had declared a great holy war for all of Karnata, one of the last of the southern lands that did not swear obedience to us.

That was something to live for. I trained, and I felt stronger, more ready than before.

There was really only one battle worth mentioning, at Alampur, surrounded by great stone temples. These were spared.

It was over very quickly.

The last of the itinerant dynasty was gone.

I went to the very south of the land we now held, ahead of the army. I went to the harbor at Mahodayapuram, shed my armor, and swam in the ocean. I saw the beached ships out in the harbor, filled with goods and abandoned by their passengers and crew. Soon Tibet will reach the end of this land. Then we'd all have to do something else.

I talked with the traders from the west and south. Most were happy to do business as before. They told me of the Sultan Yasovarman his invasion of the Mongols. That's someone truly extraordinary.

I went back to hunting. I feel even stronger. Even in 'peace', I enjoy the feeling of exertion.

Yasovarman, I am told, has died. His empire passes to his grandson, age nine or maybe ten.

I hear those warrior monks in the west were defeated. Childish superstition.

I head out into Lhasa more. How am I supposed to rule anything if I don't know anything about the people?

As if ordered, the Han face another peasants' rebellion.

I feel ready for what's next.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 29, 2019

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
I like Khrimalod. She's getting poo poo done.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Plague? Pfft, like that's ever killed anybody.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I feel ready for whats next too :unsmigghh:

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I feel ready for whats next too :unsmigghh:

Please be on the lookout for Mongolian courtiers in Persia with noticeable limps

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Khrimalod is a solid Empress. Yet another plague sent by the Revenant Tse, though, will bring the world to its knees once more.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Wonder if an immortality quest chain opens up.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Chapter 34: 1165 to 1168 - Tsenmo Purgyal Khrimalod 'the Hammer'

As told by the empress

I gave birth to twins. I was then in my fifth decade, and it would be unlikely I'd have any more. But the gods do bless me.

As soon as I had recovered, I had plans to advance the furthest south any one of us had ever been. The little islands to our south had already sworn allegiance to us, so that only left Lanka, with all its rice, vegetables, oilseeds -- and tea.

I mean we could have just pillaged the whole place. No. I felt something different. I told them to let the townspeople go.

There wasn't much of an army to resist us.

As I went to bed the other night, I found a copy of some scroll labeled 'the word of the Buddha' among my things. Some brave person left it there. I read a few chapters all the way through, and could barely go to sleep after.

Who the hell were we fighting?

It had been mislabelled. The chapter list was all wrong. The text was sloppy and had so many spelling errors. But somebody had left it there for me, in Tibetan.

I still follow the gods of my ancestors. I have to. They work on everything around us. But you have to really think about how tenacious these people are.

The battle was won.

I made the sacrifices.

In the far northwest, I was told about a Pecheneg warrior, Sari. They formed a cult around themselves and said they alone would be the ones to rid the world of suffering, and bring about the end of days.

Some loving people. I'd have to move the army up north.

I had a long talk about it with the head of the Imperial Guard, Yegu, over dumplings, cheese, and too much airag. I tried to press him on what he thought, but he just laughed, said 'whatever', and kept chugging his drink.

The war was a victory, but not complete. I said I would take Lanka, so I would have to come back and take loving Lanka.

The Han Dynasty is dealing with another bout of crop failures. Flooding and bad weather, it seems like.

It's always rough to see people like this. But I'd like to think I'm doing a better job at it. People are tilling empty fields, at least when I made my tour past. The herds of animals are bigger. People's faces look fuller. Some people are moving back into the empty villages or tearing the old huts down and building new ones. I think things are getting better.

Why the gently caress else would I do this?

The Sunni Caliph has declared a holy war on the Mongols, thinking them weak from their wars and family trouble.

I never liked that Guyug that much, and that horseface never liked me. Of course, I would consult the council if we joined him in a war... We would need plans of action, and get them to say yes. I'd wanted to go west.

Well, maybe in a bit.

Gah, gently caress, my back hurts. And my jaw... I knew I took a nasty hit while sparring. I practiced fencing too long yesterday. I'll need to lie down. I need to think.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

All hail the new Emperess!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Who dies "a natural death" before 50?

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

If you count heart attack as a natural cause, a lot of people can die from it. Given that the empress complained about her jaw, this seems like the reason of her death.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

"Natural death" in this period mostly meant "we don't know what the gently caress killed this person, but it wasn't murder."

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
And another regency.

Let's hope this one is better about the whole "not letting children fall to their death" thing.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
It is spring. The year is 1168. The summer with its rainy nights and brilliant cloudless skies is a few months away. Your joints ache with discomfort yet you know the worst of the long winter is over. The first few weeks of the regency have passed without incident.

Tongtsen III, the vassal king of Bihar, is regent. You don't really know what to make of him. You were told he once served on the frontier with the late Khrimalod and was once a formidable archer. His voice is too high-pitched for someone of his size. He sings and hums to himself. He doesn't seem to care about his office nor for the pomp or dignity of titles.

He is running at you. This is the first you've ever seen him run. His face is grey behind the paint, his forehead shines with sweat, his hands tremble with fear. He whispers to you. "Something's happened. Get everyone."

The Second Session of the Grand Secretariat of the Empire of Tibet

The child empress Pelmo II sits in a comically oversized chair, swinging her feet. Once the last vassal king enters, Tongtsen shuts the door behind him, leaving his servants outside. He rushes up to the front with surprising speed.

: She's back.

: One of the mothers of Tibet is back. I don't know how it happened. But I'm telling you now. One of my most trusted men spotted her. She was at the caves of Udayagiri, in the south. She was seen praying there, and a small crowd had gathered around her and praised her. Her face was like the statues. She has the scar on the side of her face. It is her. The Archpriestess Tse is on this earth with us.

At this, the council bursts into a frenzy of activity. He begs you all to be quiet, and it takes some time before the room is settled.

: So. What do we do? Do we just... ask her to come back?

One of the members of the council, Trikar the Enchantress, stands up.

: Yes. We must bring her here immediately. We are truly blessed, to live in a time where we may see her again as our ancestors have. If we leave her alone, she may be offended that we ignored her.

At this, the head of the Imperial Guard, Yegu, demurs. He waves his hand back and forth in a noncommittal gesture.

: Divinities are not to be ordered around. Leave her alone, and we will see what she does. If she is here with us, it is best that it be of her own free will.

Again, another burst of argument and infighting. At this, the head of the Sacred Hierarchy taps his cane on the floor and asks to be heard.

: I do not think this woman is who you claim she is. We must be wary of her. We know there are many people who claim to be divine and are false. Who is to say this woman is an imitation of one of our great founders? We know those caves belong to the southerners. This woman is at best an ordinary person, and at worst a dangerous fraud. End this.

A) Bring her here.
B) Leave her alone.
C) End this false prophet.

Voting will conclude at 9 PM EST, Friday, October 4, 2019.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 14, 2019

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Leave her be. While having an immortal being on our side would be a huge boon for our court, this comes with the price tag of appeasing said being to the detriment of the kingdom’s long term prosperity. Besides, if she wanted to come to us, she would’ve done so.

Let this sleeping dog lie. She isn’t worth trying to forcibly brought into the fold. This isn’t to say we shouldn’t keep tabs on her, so long as we adopt a passive approach when it comes to observation: Interfere when the situation calls for it, but otherwise no contact with her or anyone she meets.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Clearly a fraud. Burn this blasphemer at the stake for insulting the memory of our beloved Tse.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Leave her be.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

HereticMIND posted:

Leave her be. While having an immortal being on our side would be a huge boon for our court, this comes with the price tag of appeasing said being to the detriment of the kingdom’s long term prosperity. Besides, if she wanted to come to us, she would’ve done so.

Let this sleeping dog lie. She isn’t worth trying to forcibly brought into the fold. This isn’t to say we shouldn’t keep tabs on her, so long as we adopt a passive approach when it comes to observation: Interfere when the situation calls for it, but otherwise no contact with her or anyone she meets.

Hear, hear. Keep tabs on her, for certain, but don't interfere for the time being.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
Bring her here; I want to see what will happen.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Bring her here

Remember the glories (and conquests) she lead us to. Also hopefully avoiding declaring random holy wars for places halfway around the globe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Leave her alone. Do not interfere with the plans of those greater than you.