Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
D

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009
A

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dada? Seriously?

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Tulip posted:

Dada? Seriously?

It does seem a bit absurd.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Aha, aha, aha!

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
A

It would be pretty delicious and very Just for her to be eaten by the monster of her own creation.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A
We tried being mellow, see where that got us???

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

pinchofginger posted:

D - Even if she is as her accuser states, we would rip the realm asunder if we were to act against her person. No, we must have more than the word of a young fool before we denounce the consort of Gyalyum.

D

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

D. This woman has some pretty good ideas if you ask me

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
A

BURN HER, BURN HER WHILE WE HAVE A CHANCE! SHE WILL REND OUR SOULS IF WE DO NOT! YOU FOOLS!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 29, 2019

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: The poll is closed. :siren:

With 44 votes, the results are:

A) Kill her - 19 (FrangibleCover, Lord Cyrahzax, frankenfreak, MaxieSatan, SleuthDiplomacy, Lynneth, megane, Snipee, TheFlyingLlama, McGavin, QuoProQuid, Mirdini, Eleven Eleven, AJ_Impy, Jeoh, Atheris, Hiveminded, Rody One Half, habeusdorkus)
B) Imprison her - 8 (AnAnonymousIdiot, Chatrapati, Xelkelvos, Jossar, Yavuz, Technowolf, winterwerefox, PetraCore)
C) Brand her - 3 (Obliterati, HereticMIND, Top Hats Monthly)
D) Release her - 14 (GunnerJ, Tulip, Empress Theonora, ThatBasqueGuy, Pacho, Ferrovanadium, Angstrom Gothington, pinchofginger, Rubix Squid, wedgekree, jalapeno_dude, Dikkfor, Dance Officer, i81icu812, Soup du Jour

The consequences of your decision will be known soon.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 29, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

And that's the last post of the LP. We have doomed this world.

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/The_Immaculate_One

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Having just finished reading the PopeLP, I'm getting quite a bit of deja vu here. Surprised no one has made a new version of this:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Interlude

The shouting continues, between the overlapping roars of pleading and rancor. A few vassal kings and commanders still beg the empress to spare her life, but the priesthood, more numerous at court today, shout for blood. The Empress Pongza holds her head in her hands. The Archpriestess stands at her full height, clad in her priestly robes, the fatigue on her face fading into her usual calm expression.

The empress raises a hand and the crowd is silent.

"I cannot handle this affair anymore," she says out of frustration. "Get her- Get her out of here. We shall apply all the justice of the law to her soon."

Tse replies in a clear and loud voice. "I ask, by the grace of Sangpo Bumtri, may I be allowed-"

"Do not speak of the gods in front of me," says the Empress. "Do not."

"May I be permitted the right to a trial, and to follow the ways of justice that were set out-"

"By you? Or who you claim to be?"

"By all the emperors of Tibet since. I will hear the evidence against me. I will defend myself."

"Enough! Enough of this!"

The accuser priest, already in a state of panic, draws his sword and turns towards his captive. In a single motion, Tse slips free of the ropes that bound her hands, pulls out a short knife concealed within her robes, and slashes his neck. He desperately covers his throat with his hands but the blood pours through his fingers. What remains of life will be measured in seconds.

A line of guardsmen - Bengalis, Mongolians, Tibetans - forces their way in front of the empress, placing their bodies between her and the threat. An officer of the guard, a grey-haired Mongolian, charges forth with sword drawn. Tse dodges his first action and then jams the blade of her knife under his chin. It is lodged between the bones of his neck, and his body goes limp.

She seizes his sword from his dead hand, but it has taken too long. Now she is surrounded by half a dozen circling fighters in this cramped space, and her head jerks between them, trying to follow their motion and action.

A third man charges her, but she cuts across his chest and he soon falls. Then a fourth, which she parries, but at the same time, a fifth assailant stabs her in the back. She does not even scream, just lets out a gasp of air out of her lungs, and the red of her blood stains and billows across the back of her vestments. She stands, able to slice at another guards' fingers before she takes another slash from her side. She still stands upright, even with her grievous wounds, carrying her sword to strike. The courtiers whisper to themselves in fear, "She will not die!"

The empress stands from her throne and she orders her guards to stand aside. They protest but obey. She walks towards the rebellious archpriestess, the white light of the autumn sun shining through a window onto her regalia. Tse looks at her, one eye shut from a cut across her forehead, and only whispers, "Your Majesty." Her stance is uncertain, she trembles when she walks. The empress presses onward, and Tse collapses, Pongza catching her, Tse's sword slipping from her grasp and falling to the ground.

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry."

Her bloodied fingers dig into the Empress' gold-woven clothes. Pongza, already frail, cannot bear the weight for too long, and she sinks to her knees and Tse falls with her.

In a quiet voice, so caught in her throat that Pongza herself has to strain to hear it, less than a whisper, Tse says, "I'm sorry. I failed you."

"I forgive you," says the Empress.

"I waited for you," then a labored breath, "For so long..."

There is only an awed silence among the court. The empress looks up at her waiting ministers and the guard. "We have done something terrible today," the empress intones. "We shall bury her with honors, and grant her all the rites of a fallen priest. This affair dies in this room. No one else must speak otherwise of this."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

NO! BURN THE BODY! SHE MUST BE REMOVED FROM THIS WORLD, OR SHE WILL HAUNT US EVEN MORE!

tunapirate
Aug 15, 2015
If those last words are really directed at Gyalyum, does that mean that Resurrected Knuckle-Slammer Lesbian is still on the way ???? I can only hope

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

tunapirate posted:

If those last words are really directed at Gyalyum, does that mean that Resurrected Knuckle-Slammer Lesbian is still on the way ???? I can only hope

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kiss them"

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Well, we seem to have made the wrong choice there.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

wedgekree posted:

We made absolutely the right choice. You speak treason.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Her death was necessary, but she died well. We have done as we should.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Tulip posted:

And that's the last post of the LP. We have doomed this world.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

wedgekree posted:

In fairness, it wasn't obvious that the "release her" option would result in her death.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nah, we got the Kill Her option with added flavor. Which is good. She is a demon in human skin, and always has been. We should purge her images from the land, and make her a nullity in history.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
I would think that certain members of the court would have the sense to respect the wishes of our Tsenmo and not speak ill of the dead.

And besides, that clearly wasn't the real Tse. Immortality doesn't exist and the true Archpriestess would have reluctantly accepted the judgement of her people, not murdered a bunch of them in a doomed attempt to save her own skin.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

R.I.P. Tse (again).

Say "hi" to Fadazu for us at the Big MegaCampaign HOF in the Sky.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
We could have avoided all this blood...

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Chapter 39: 1206 to 1217 - Tsenmo Purgyal Pongza 'the Just'

As told by the Empress

What have I done?

I think we've killed a holy woman.

My Court Chaplain is dead too but I can replace him. Before her death, this woman called Tse had accumulated the Titles of Lönchen, head of the Sacred Hierarchy, and even a vassal queen position - she ruled all of Kham, which is how she was able to act so independently. I don't know how... Whatever she was planning it has gone with her.

I had to separate out the titles of Lönchen, though the new sacred hierarch still held the eastern vassal kingdom. She was not as Ambitious, completely trusting and innocent.

I didn't carry any Knife nor did I practice the techniques to Cut, but I see those days' events over again, fixed in my mind's eye.

I had to stay out of the palace. If you want a true friend in Lhasa, a true friend you can tell anything, you have to get a dog. I am hunted otherwise.

Churches, wars, assassinations. More to try and pay attention to.

The Mongolians would like to marry off my younger sister. I agreed. We have to stay together.

I need to adjust the Laws of the kingdom first. Too many holes in tax obligation. If I have to, I will do the calculations myself.

Beasts and apparitions follow me. I see monsters and figures in their armor around every corner. Groups in concert follow my every move. I am worn out as someone would wear a coat or suit of armor.

More disasters out of China. The cities are closed for quarantine.

I had to talk to the army.

We needed to incorporate more local garrisons, and to redeploy troops in more sensitive areas - the south which had the risk of revolts, the west, and southeast with the risk of piracy.

The stories about the past still hound me.

They are spread by the creatures and apparitions sent by Foreign and Invisible Powers to overthrow the kingdom.

Like Jerusalem, that marches east, to Oman. Jerusalem in opposition to Lhasa.

The new Sultan was murdered on the orders of his relative, who was working on behalf of a conspiracy to abduct innocent people and sacrifice them according to evil rites and cannibalize them.

I am humbled by the forces around me, and I sometimes do not feel up to the task that was set to me. Everyone thinks they know what they're doing, what we're doing...

All this requires further study, to draw upon the Connections between living beings and the forces that control them. I can understand them. I know I can. I am ready.

I shall write a book to document my experiences.

I've put so much work into this. I feel pains in my chest, but the healers assure me it is only stress from overwork and nothing too serious.

I have had a momentary loss of Forgetting. I remembered what was then lost. I first saw geometric patterns, then mathematical ones. I thought of the way the sun shone off the jewelry I wore. I am convinced the light was a message conveyed directly to my eyes. It was as if I was a lunatic all my life and now I am suddenly sane.

For a short time, I saw the prison of Lhasa fall away and recalled what it was in the time of Songtsen Gampo. I felt ecstasy. After every Appearance, I now know the truth of things, and how the correct path shall return.

The Khatun has passed on to the next life. My sister is married to her son, I will have to talk to them and tell them the magnitude of what I have experienced.

Other churches. Nothing to concern myself with.

Tibet grows, as rays of light shine out. I will make it holy.

Our kingdom in Persia is retreating. Hamedan, Qom, and Reyy were lost.

The Jerusalem Raj, as we once called it, has become a more great power. It possesses land between the Mediterranean and the Persian Gulf, from Armenia to Ethiopia.

Enough about them. My work has borne fruit. I have not yet finished the book, but I have the laws. I wonder if a book can ever really be finished. When they ask me about it, I shall tell them the enormity of my beliefs, and how I have found Everything.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

I'm not one to spread ghost stories, but our now-former tsenmo did kinda get progressively crazier until her death not many years after that unfortunate business with the Archpriestess...

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
It's fine. It's fine. The regency is practically over already! Everything is fine!

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Well, hopefully the crazy isn't a family trait...

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

GODDAMNIT. THE REVENANT TSE WON'T STAY DEAD AND BURIED. I TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TO BURN THE BODY.

SOMEONE CALL THE loving GHOSTBUSTERS ALREADY.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

habeasdorkus posted:

GODDAMNIT. THE REVENANT TSE WON'T STAY DEAD AND BURIED. I TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TO BURN THE BODY.

Revenants seek revenge and are nearly unstoppable. I say we just let nature run its course and prepare wills for those who wanted her dead.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

calm down

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
Loved the ill-timed conversion to Buddhism there. Also the revolving carousel of heresies that (Western?) Christianity has becoming in this game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I love that a fourth religion has moved into Jerusalem. The Badshah better be building a big shrine to Vishnu

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

SirPhoebos posted:

I love that a fourth religion has moved into Jerusalem. The Badshah better be building a big shrine to Vishnu

You mean fifth? Don't forget the secret Buddhists.

Edit: also I forgot the fraticelli

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Have Cathars or Lollards gotten in yet?

Also looking forward to a successful Nahua invasion.