Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
The Daughter of Evil is now a Lunatic with the goddamned NECRONOMICON.

What has been wrought upon this base earth?

:f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Looks like she can use that thing to get a lot of Tech Points, nice.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Everyone is all ‘the empress is a lunatic’ and ‘possessed by evil spirits’, but I don’t know, maybe we should hear her out?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Empress Theonora posted:

Everyone is all ‘the empress is a lunatic’ and ‘possessed by evil spirits’, but I don’t know, maybe we should hear her out?

I tried, and now the otherworldy gibbering of her recitations from the book haunts my nightmares every time I dare close my eyes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Akratic Method posted:

I tried, and now the otherworldy gibbering of her recitations from the book haunts my nightmares every time I dare close my eyes.
I mean sure, but the economy is better than it's been in centuries!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Empress Theonora posted:

She's called "the Holy," guys, people wouldn't lie about something like that.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

GunnerJ posted:

Looks like she can use that thing to get a lot of Tech Points, nice.

The Necronomicon has surprisingly sophisticated ideas about construction and logistics.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

megane posted:

She's called "the Holy," guys, people wouldn't lie about something like that.

I mean, we can't discount the possibility that it's ironic. Just look at Pope Gabriel "The Vegetarian."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tulip posted:

The Necronomicon has surprisingly sophisticated ideas about construction and logistics.

Somehow we're going downhill both ways and the journey takes 3 days less than it should, but we're calling that a plus.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

What is even going on anymore. Will this carry over to EU4? Somehow, I both want this to happen and am afraid of finding out.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
She's gonna end up immortal and last all the way to an FP empire in Stellaris, isn't she?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Interlude

Om matri muye sale du. Om matri muye sale du. Om matri muye sale du.

The Bon have many peaceful deities; the Four Transcendent Lords; the god of White Light, Sangpo Bumtri the Procreator; Shenrap Miwo, the Teacher; the Six Subduing Shen; the Thirteen Primeval Shen; the Twelve Rituals; Mawe Senge the 'Lion of Speech'. Then the tutelary gods, including the mother and father tantras. Magyu Sangchog Tartug and his consort, the Red Kyema. Trowo Tsochog Kagying, the Wrathful One, the Supreme Lord Towering in the Sky. Welsé Ngampa...

Lasya is silent before them. She keeps her plans concealed, even to herself. She lets herself emote at times to her devoted servant, Esclarmonde. With formal deference, her servant shyly congratulates her on the conquest of the south.

When I'm not on campaign, I lose myself, Lasya says. Is this all that I have sought?

I will continue to serve your majesty, says the once-maid, with all the emotion of a block of wood.

Lasya, by instinct, isolates herself, to avoid the adoring crowd and all the people who would obey her. She might have taken her best horse and rode until she had gone to Tazik, the land of earthly paradise, but she has not. Too late, years too late. Dreams deform into nightmares.

She appears, pale, her skin almost as grey as the white-eyed Carantanians'. She grips her wrist with her other hand, gibbering to herself. The abandoned temple she sees is open-roofed, like the huts she has burned near Madurai. She holds to the stone columns for support, clutches at the collar of her robe. She hears breathing down her neck, and steps into the sanctuary still left in those four walls; a god's open grave. Like a bride of myth longs to meet her lover, she craves this silent place, where she once refused to be alone to escape solitary death.

She sees the weathered statues of Gyalyum and Tse, who remain together for eternity, and her face grows hot.

She enters. The stones clatter beneath her riding boots. She brushes her sweat-damp bangs aside wondering where to lie. This time -- here -- she spots a great unnatural flame. She wills herself, though every nerve within her screams at her to flee - do not be afraid. Do not be afraid. Her own soldiers would march through hails of stone and arcs of fire and against wailing beasts for her.

Flames soar up from the open earth. A giant figure stands ahead of her, and Lasya, even with her great stature, only comes up to her knees. The figure's eyes are sharp as sword points. She clenches her fist and her lip curls into a sneer, and Lasya knows she is about to be condemned. She can win this apparition over if she tried. She tilts her head up, daring to look her in the eye and wills her face to look like the statues of the old emperors.

I have the book of all knowledge, she states, I have the unseen flame. I have the empire. So long as I have it, no one else does, and the world is unassailable.

Good for you, says the apparition.

What are you called? said Lasya. What sent you here to speak to me?

I am Vengeance.

What is your lineage?

My mother was the queen of victory, wielder of rage, and my second mother was life.

And what are you out here to do to me?

To tell you the truth that you cannot ignore or deny. That you are overmatched. You cannot retreat into nothingness and oblivious peace. And every good thing will grow corrupt and wither at your touch.

The empress screams - Never! Traitors and fools! My only failing so far is that I was too gentle! Everyone I have slain I should have done so earlier! I will cut every opponent down with the sword, with fire, with poisons and pestilence as I command them!

The entity laughs, and it is the laugh of a distant future, a laugh like dried bones clattering in their coffin.

The empress screams again -- I shall never give up! Not to you, nor anyone else!

Her fists shake. She breaks her long stare with the entity and looks at the earth, still so cold for being so close to the flames.

"Why am I here?" she asked. "What is my fate upon this earth?"

To show what is evil, as a contrast to what is good. Did you not listen to what the past empress told you?

She points accusingly at the entity, a practiced insult. "And do you think I would go quietly? That I would smile as you take me to the gallows?"

I do not need your opinions, little girl.

No! She says. If I have become a monster, and I do not fear it, I rejoice in it! I will not hide from my destiny!

She tears herself away from the visage and climbs back on her exhausted horse. She's in a panic. She returns to Lhasa, where she can closet herself with the priests and look over the great maps prepared for her.

Vote:
Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes
No

The vote will conclude at 9 PM EST, Monday, December 16th.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 15, 2019

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Yes.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

YES

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
gently caress it, why not

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Sanzh
Mar 6, 2013
Hell yes

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Yes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
yess

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
gently caress AND YES.

SHOW THAT FALSE IMAGE OF VENGEANCE TSE WHO'S REALLY IN CHARGE HERE, EMPRESS!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 15, 2019

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

YES

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

WE RIDE EAST!

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Whoever wins, the world loses. Let's do this.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

YES

let the world tremble

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yes. Do not fail.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Yes

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Yes

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
No

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Yes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

https://youtu.be/E2t4MBhGAg8?t=4

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

NO!

Do NOT listen to the little voice in your head! We've spent centuries building this empire, dammit! I will not see it undone by some insane illusions!

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Who said we had a choice? Who said that it would matter?

Who can stop Lasya the Holy?

pinchofginger
Nov 7, 2009
Fallen Rib

MaxieSatan posted:

Who said we had a choice? Who said that it would matter?

Who can stop Lasya the Holy?

Not you, nor I.

Yes

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

:yeshaha: is the perfect vote for this

(Not least because it’s watching from outside, not actually making the decision)

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Yes.

The one other thing I'd like to see is a major Jewish invasion to take Jerusalem and the rest of the Holy Land. Call it the Aliyah.

Unless that's what Timur is doing already, of course.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a secret Hellenic cult uprising at any point despite the utter chaos in the Mediterranean.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Yes!!!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Invade Jerusalem instead.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Narratively, this is the right and only choice YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
YES! FINALLY! YES!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS, SKULLS FOR EVERYONE! PEACE IS A LIE! WAR IS PEACE!