Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
This is glorious! Great run!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
Shout out to Lodbrok's descendants, who have no title but are just running around Europe willy-nilly with their thousand-something numbers.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Sindai posted:

European culture is going to be wild with matriarchal Norse being the dominant religion.

OTL Vikings had men in charge of war and women in charge of finances, just exaggerate that a bit for this timeline; women control the whole state apparatus and religion while the men (and some women) sail around doing the pillaging. It makes a certain amount of sense that the reformation of a religion/culture that based its' economic model on sending many of its men abroad would eventually put women in charge of governing.

Kangxi posted:

Some thoughts in retrospect:

-Tibet really did blob out of control; it certainly made sense to do so during Gyalyum's reign in the beginning but it should have been a lot harder after the others. If I'd installed the Imperial Decline mod earlier I might have been more restrained in expansion. I am going to add in some appropriate maluses for EU4, but I am much worse at playing EU4 too so you don't have to worry about this getting too boring - I hope.

-I will need to cut down on how much Bon religion and Bodpa culture spread in India for the conversion.

IMO give Tibet a fair number of large vassals with Bon/Bodpa rulers, but with majority populations that are neither Bodpa nor Bon and some custom events to make it hard to keep the Empire together.

Kangxi posted:

-There are no remaining on-map leaders with reformed Aztec religion, but there are a lot with Nahua culture. It's going to be hard to square that circle considering how important religious practices were for this culture. I may add some syncretic cultures/beliefs but that will lengthen the conversion time and I want to avoid feature creep.

-Reformed Norse religion really is a beast; they ran roughshod over Western Europe.

Just an idea, but with so much of Europe being Norse (even the Aztec parts), maybe have the Reformation target Germanic Paganism rather than Catholicism? Perhaps a Protestant Paganism that encourages direct Syncreticism with the worship of local/traditional Gods that aren't traditionally part of the Norse Pantheon and has that Tengri feature that allows having a secondary faith, and a Reformed Paganism that is one such syncretic Pantheon that is extremely popular (the Aztec/Germanic mix maybe?).

Also, you could mimic Anglicanism by having a Celtic Revival in the Isles.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
What this world needs is a few hundred years more of religious wars.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Eleven Eleven posted:

OTL Vikings had men in charge of war and women in charge of finances, just exaggerate that a bit for this timeline; women control the whole state apparatus and religion while the men (and some women) sail around doing the pillaging. It makes a certain amount of sense that the reformation of a religion/culture that based its' economic model on sending many of its men abroad would eventually put women in charge of governing.

Hmm, so could Nahua Norse culture then be kind of like the Mamluks? There's lots of Norse Nahua rulers but very few actual Nahua provinces, so maybe the ruling class of these dynasties functions by sending the men to abduct nahua children or buy nahua slaves, converting them to Norse paganism, and then inducting them into the leadership caste of the society? Could be modelled then by giving them the Mamluk government type, which would also make europe more diverse than just a bunch of monarchies.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

For some Norse/Nahua country. Not sure about the colours.

I like Eleven Eleven's idea too. This timeline is really weird because from the offset there's absolute gender equality and you kind of wonder how certain cultures adapted to that, or how it came about within the confines of existing cultural structures, and what that actually looks like. I kind of like the Norse because they seem to be the only culture/religion going 'actually, men and women have predefined roles', which makes them a massive outlier in the world, and you can imagine how it came about like how Eleven Eleven suggested things. On our planet it would be like a reactionary revolution, but on this one, where gender equality is the norm everywhere, it's an absolutely novel philosophy, and represents a positive (in the sense of going forward) change. I kind of imagine it to be like the solidification of gender roles due to the increasingly influential scientific culture westerners experienced in the industrial era, and similarly these Norse people could argue that gender stratification is a sign of elightenment.
Ultimately, I know this is a silly game, but I can't help but think about things like that. :p

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Reveilled posted:

Hmm, so could Nahua Norse culture then be kind of like the Mamluks? There's lots of Norse Nahua rulers but very few actual Nahua provinces, so maybe the ruling class of these dynasties functions by sending the men to abduct nahua children or buy nahua slaves, converting them to Norse paganism, and then inducting them into the leadership caste of the society? Could be modelled then by giving them the Mamluk government type, which would also make europe more diverse than just a bunch of monarchies.

Probably not just Nahua children/slaves, but yeah I could see something like this as well.

Chatrapati posted:

This timeline is really weird because from the offset there's absolute gender equality and you kind of wonder how certain cultures adapted to that, or how it came about within the confines of existing cultural structures, and what that actually looks like.

Tibet Timeline still seems to have some degree of gendered division of labor and tilted at least slightly towards patriarchy at the beggining of the LP, just a lot less so than OTL. Maybe OTL's meme of "women are property" never developed in Tibet Timeline, so while there was some gender stratification it could be mitigated by, say, the largest religions in the world having complete gender equality as a doctrine and the second largest having such extreme gendered division of labor that it almost wraps back around to equality in a weird way.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

As far as giving Tibet vassals goes, that'd be an idea except the arc of the last couple of rulers was the increasing centralization of power.

I'd honestly go so far as to say gently caress it, leave us as we are and just let us have periodic blob nightmare wars with the Chinese-Tibetans.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Rody One Half posted:

As far as giving Tibet vassals goes, that'd be an idea except the arc of the last couple of rulers was the increasing centralization of power.

Clearly the solution here is rampant corruption and massive rebellions by peasants and Buddhists.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

I'd honestly go so far as to say gently caress it, leave us as we are and just let us have periodic blob nightmare wars with the Chinese-Tibetans.

There are already two giant blobs on the map sitting right next to each other, with a few smaller blobs that we know of. Three of them: the two in Africa and China, are basically of indeterminate size and could theoretically be bigger than what we'd assume.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

There are already two giant blobs on the map sitting right next to each other, with a few smaller blobs that we know of. Three of them: the two in Africa and China, are basically of indeterminate size and could theoretically be bigger than what we'd assume.

Yeah just give Mongolia Korea and some of northern China and let the Mongolian/Chinese/Tibetan hell wars begin

Can we get a full listing of cannibal popes please

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

Well, Lasya concentrated a huge amount of power in her own person, but she was a divinely/demonically-inspired hyper-genius. It seems reasonable to me to say that her successors weren't able to keep all those plates spinning, and lost (or gave up) some of their control following her death.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

Personally, I'm just hoping for a dynastic collapse at some point. The Purgyals have had it too good for too long. :colbert:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

megane posted:

Well, Lasya concentrated a huge amount of power in her own person, but she was a divinely/demonically-inspired hyper-genius. It seems reasonable to me to say that her successors weren't able to keep all those plates spinning, and lost (or gave up) some of their control following her death.

AND she killed everyone around her who could have been able to keep the dynasty going. 20 or so years is totally time for a major collapse with massive rebellions across the still hindi/buddhist India, massively reducing the power of Tibet.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just don't think hobbling us by fiat is necessary. I mean, we're not Andalusian.

megane posted:

To a degree sure, but concentration of central power preceded her, even if she was the extreme.

MaxieSatan posted:

Personally, I'm just hoping for a dynastic collapse at some point. The Purgyals have had it too good for too long. :colbert:

The Purgyals are also a huge family, remember a lot of those kingdom tier titles (which I guess narratively speaking are viceroys after Laysa) are ALSO Purgyals.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Tibet is constantly popping off with religious rebellions, the claimants to the throne will have to fight a big war to win it, and vassal kings might use the situation to get independence.

Tibet is actually very likely to be facing their Time of Trouble

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Paradox games and especially EU are really over friendly to blobby centralized states in a way that makes poor history even if it makes for more satisfying gameplay, so just making breaking up more likely isn't even good for Tibet storytelling it's just "good for EU."

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
STATE OF THE WORLD - 1417

(I think I added what everyone asked for - but please let me know if I missed one)

Tentative map before EU4 conversion - subject to change
The world in the first years of the 15th century was on the cusp of great change - economic, institutional, religious, political. It was a period of great conquests and the last triumphs of nomadic armies from Central Asia and the plains of the Western Hemisphere; it was a period which saw the establishment of 'gunpowder empires' across Eurasia and Africa; yet it saw the development of new societies, new forms of government, and in the most unexpected places, the modern world was born.

After the sudden death and burial of Lasya 'the Griffin', her niece Yondagmo 'the Unfaithful' ascended the throne. Though previously known for her appetite for life and her dalliances with the most beautiful men of the Empire, often at the same time, she has emerged as a hardnosed reformer, ready to make choices to preserve the territorial integrity of the empire and move away from the tightrope walk of absolute monarchy.

To her east, the Purgyals in the Later Jin Dynasty retain their control over much of the Chinese mainland; though some provinces in the southwest and the island of Taiwan still cling to Han Dynasty loyalists, the new dynasty retains something like absolute control over the vast majority of the territory and population of the old empire. While they are still consolidating their control and rebuilding those areas damaged in the war, they still retain cordial relations with their dynasty members in Lhasa.

That said, the Jingzu Empress' open devotion to Buddhism and her openness to accept Buddhists from all lineages and schools of thought is a blatant refutation of the Tibetan Empire's anti-Buddhist policies; and her blatant Indophobia presents difficulties for Yongdagmo's efforts to court southern nobility and reorganize the empire.

To their north, the great Khan Okhotur rests after his victorious campaign against the Rus, seizing the cities and plains around the Volga River for himself. He is dying of cancer and makes preparations to cede the empire to his son, Megujin.

The Timurid Empire, after a period of disunity and infighting among the children of Timur the Conqueror, has reunited under Timur II, his oldest son. Known for less for his hedonism and more for his masterly skill at intrigue, he would move all his neighbors around like pieces on a chessboard. At present, he looks able to easily sweep aside a nomadic invasion from the north, and then participate in the great holy war for Yemen to his south.

To his west is what remains of the Tibetan Empire's western conquests through holy war - the lands around Mesopotamia and the twin rivers are administered by the King-Priest Tsen, chosen for his scholarly ability and writings in scriptural interpretation. A cloistered, hermetic priest, he has earned derisive nicknames from the visions he often receives.

To their west is the great Jerusalem Raj, founded by the Great Yasovarman two hundred and fifty years previously. The Kingdom suffers from an identity crisis, having been caught between factions of the nobility who joined Yasovarman on his great march west; the boy-king had been swayed to the Buddhist camp against his father Bashar's wishes by the insane monk Zahir. The future of the king is in doubt; as is the future direction of the kingdom. Will it follow the multiplicity of gods brought from the east, as Abyssinia now has, or will it follow the eightfold path as the Egyptian kings have done?

To Jerusalem's south, Queen Bekele II makes preparations against an invasion by the Timurids and Tibetans of her holdings in Yemen. Abyssinia is vast and prosperous and remains so ever since her predecessors through off the Jerusalem Raj (but having retained their worship practices and scripture) in the 1230s. The loss of Yemen would be a serious blow to Ethiopia's trading routes, but not an insurmountable one.

To their east, the Buddhists cling to everything between the lands of the Kathiri tribe in the west and the trade city of Dhofar in the east.

Between Abyssinia and the great empire to the west is a mercenary band, the Kele-Koun Infantry (a misnomer, taken from the name of their officers). They have retained the lands near Lake Chad after having seized them in the retreat of the Jerusalem Raj in the south, and so remain as a useful buffer state between Abyssinia and Mali.

The Malian Empire still retains much of its former wealth and prestige, yet deals with very expensive wars with the Norse in Africa over trade routes at Fezzan. The melancholy empress, Djenly, frets at being called evil for her indecision and really for no reason at all, and she more or less continues some of the more ambitious policies of her father, the great Mansa Gao.

The Mediterranean is a hotbed of activity; the successor states set by the northerners have dispensed entirely with the polite fiction that they reported to the valkyrie-empress in Scandinavia, and rule their own kingdoms with an independent mind for policy, alliance, and trade. Their territory stretches from Gibraltar to the island of Rhodes, a possession of the Tlatolani of Valencia. They do not run roughshod over the entire region, however.

In Egypt, Buddhists have wrested control from Yasovarman's appointed heirs in Jerusalem, and proclaim that they are the true heirs to his legacy and in building a new nation for themselves;

While in the Greek peninsula, the locals have made their fifth bid towards independence, from Anatolian and northerner alike. The Greeks in Cyprus, on the other hand, follow a separate path.

Anatolia, under the Dahnayids, has spent considerable effort to ensure things remain the same. They possess some of the wealthiest land in the region, as well as some of its most beautiful and prosperous cities, and they have retained them despite the efforts of all who would dislodge them. The girl-queen Qwara learns much from the shrewd leadership of her regent, Duke Husam.

Their principal opponent on the continent is the Kingdom of Carantania, ruled by Bogomilist kings for centuries. To most, King Tihodrag is not an especially evil ruler, but his promiscuity and lust for material goods are a stain due to his followers' moral code.

To his east, across the Carpathian mountains, the Khazars have driven back the Norse invaders and retained all the steppe between the Dniester and the Dnieper Rivers. Although their new khan's reliance on rabbinic tradition is not the most popular form of worship, he still commands a respectable position in the area.

To his north is the Sultan of Vladimir, Chernihiv, Novgorod, and Ruthenia, 'King of Kings', Feodor II. His distant ancestor, Koz'ma 'the Plain', converted to Sunni Islam in the late 13th century, and his descendants have consolidated their rule over the Slavic peoples of the area. The King himself has fallen under the sway of a radical preacher claiming he is the Mahdi, to the astonishment of the clergy.

Caught between the Carantanians and Vladimir is all that remains of the Byzantine Empire and the last ruling heir to the great Khutulun Khatun - Khutulun 'the Mute' owns a small patch of land between Luts'k and Volodymyr-Volynskyi.

Much of the dramatic downturn in their fortune comes from their military losses against the Anatolians, and then an overreliance on Bulgarian mercenaries, who revolted and seized swathes of land when promised payment was not delivered. Captain Boril, flush with success, spends time with his dogs and thinks about turning over his mercenary company into a more stable form of government.

Speaking of rump states and political curios, the Catholic Papacy is still functional, despite having lost much of the faithful to Cathars, Lollards, Fraticelli, and the warlike beliefs of the North. Pope Silvester VII is a basically decent man who rose from humble beginnings and makes no open plans to recapture the church's past glory.

LIST OF (Known) CANNIBAL POPES
Alexander IV 'the Wicked' (r. 1367-1399)
Silvester V 'the Blasphemer' (r. 1346-1352)
Alexander III (r. 1274)
Callistus IV 'the Uninvolved' (r. 1234-1250)
Innocentius III 'the Wicked' (r. 1079-1084)
Caelestinus II 'Son of Lucifer' (r. 1033-1045)

North of Carantania and what's left of the Byzantines is the Kingdom of Lithuania, carved out of Russian holdings by northern raiders. The kingdom was nominally under the reign of the fearsome queens of England but has now struck out on its own.

Scandinavia itself has recovered partially from a period of internal anarchy and loss of government control, although some territories have slipped from the Fylkja's grasp;

Like the vital straits territories of the south,

And the lands of the Sapmi. King Jarre the Liberator broke away in 1408, and his people are free from southern rule and united under a single ruler for the first time in their history.

Even Orkney has broken away;

To say nothing of some smaller settlements along the western coast.

To Scandinavia's south, Pomerania faces its own moment of reckoning. The dithering Queen Radomila has seen the nobles of Bohemia become independent in all but name.

Germany, to her west, is in a state of total collapse. A Cathar king faces much opposition from the remaining papal loyalists, his Sunni vassals such as Duke Khorilartai von Schanden of Swabia, Duchess Emma von Nordgau, and Duke Lothar de Luxembourg. Württemberg, under Count Yixing von Wunstorf, has already broken away, and Saxony as well.

To Germany's west, Queen Ide van Loon is eager to expand her holdings at the Cathars' and Sunnis' expense. She awaits any new developments from her fortress-capital of Luxembourg.

To their west is something else entirely. What was once called France, and is now called something else, is ruled by a powerful and hybridized nobility which has incorporated elements of the society of the great western invaders and yet the proclivity to raids and human sacrifice from the north. While many of the invaders have retreated west across the ocean, for reasons unknown, they have left an indelible impact on society and regional history.

To France's north are two more Norse kingdoms. The English, in particular, held a loosely-connected series of holdings from Morocco to Lithuania, but these have splintered due to tenuous marriage connections, weak inheritance laws, and the sheer difficulty of holding together such disparate territory.

Iberia, in particular, is divided between those raider kingdoms who had carved it up for plunder. The Umayyad Caliphate has disintegrated.

And in the far distant north, Iceland has been a crucial link and neutral ground between continents, as vital as it is isolated.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 30, 2019

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yoooo landed mercs! Always great to see, although it sounds like you're going to convert their govtypes instead of making one for them. Oh well.

God, the West really went full Thunderdome this round huh

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Between the Aztecs and the Vikings and very literal papal transubstantiation sacramental tradition there’s sure a lot of church sponsored murder. Asia seems incredibly civilized and stable compared to the insanity in Europe.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's more of an Asia-Europe discrepancy in this than in ByzLp, where Rince dumped 500k doomstacks on everything.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rody One Half posted:

There's more of an Asia-Europe discrepancy in this than in ByzLp, where Rince dumped 500k doomstacks on everything.

That's probably because those 500k doomstacks made Hungary and Spain into parts of Asia.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Kangxi posted:

Some thoughts in retrospect:

-Tibet really did blob out of control; it certainly made sense to do so during Gyalyum's reign in the beginning but it should have been a lot harder after the others. If I'd installed the Imperial Decline mod earlier I might have been more restrained in expansion. I am going to add in some appropriate maluses for EU4, but I am much worse at playing EU4 too so you don't have to worry about this getting too boring - I hope.

-There are no remaining on-map leaders with reformed Aztec religion, but there are a lot with Nahua culture. It's going to be hard to square that circle considering how important religious practices were for this culture. I may add some syncretic cultures/beliefs but that will lengthen the conversion time and I want to avoid feature creep.

-Reformed Norse religion really is a beast; they ran roughshod over Western Europe.

-I will need to cut down on how much Bon religion and Bodpa culture spread in India for the conversion.

-That said, I should also have installed that 'Bon Enhancement' mod for festivals and pilgrimages. It would have added more flavor.

-I am also going to run votes on how to convert certain parts of the world; stay tuned.

-Also all the flags everyone's submitted own so much.

I will also post screenshots of specific leaders for the 1417 state of the world. Any requests?

You will easily steamroll every country in the game with all of India from 1444 in EU4. You should start with 2000+ dev which is uh a very large amount.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Perhaps we could create another major schism within the Bon faith to make religious conflict in Tibet even more crippling? I’m not sure what’s the best way to make sure that we don’t steamroll everyone besides various events to encourage revolts and regular hellwars against China.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Snipee posted:

Perhaps we could create another major schism within the Bon faith to make religious conflict in Tibet even more crippling? I’m not sure what’s the best way to make sure that we don’t steamroll everyone besides various events to encourage revolts and regular hellwars against China.

A new Bon Reformation ala the Protestant one would wreak havoc in Tibet and Mongolia. Giving Mongolia something to match Tibet economically would also do a lot to keep us in check (unless we team up to eat the rest of Eurasia and the world)

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I liked what Ofaloaf did with the Gothic LP where inbetween CKII and Total War(?) they created a little history which broke up a lot of things. We could do the same here,and create some reason for why Tibet broke up into little pieces?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Xelkelvos posted:

A new Bon Reformation ala the Protestant one would wreak havoc in Tibet and Mongolia. Giving Mongolia something to match Tibet economically would also do a lot to keep us in check (unless we team up to eat the rest of Eurasia and the world)

A Bon reformation could make some sense what with it somehow not having the authority to keep a hold on the literal installed Empress of China.

I'm less sure about how a reformation would work without a patchwork state.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I assume that we're going to be changing how institutions spawn.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

i81icu812 posted:

Between the Aztecs and the Vikings and very literal papal transubstantiation sacramental tradition there’s sure a lot of church sponsored murder. Asia seems incredibly civilized and stable compared to the insanity in Europe.

Sacrifice still happens in the Tibetan Empire, but largely in warfare. So there are limits!

SirPhoebos posted:

I assume that we're going to be changing how institutions spawn.

Yep. Religions and reforms will be changed. I'm going to add some things to Bön to stir things up.

And to answer a question I'd received off-site: Some of the Germanic religion leaders had bloodlines but not all of them did. For example, the Empress of Scandinavia had the bloodlines of both Rurik and Ragnar Loðbrok. The Queen of Lithuania, by contrast, only had the second one. The Queen of England doesn't have any at all. The short answer is, it varies.

I will have a vote on the EU4 conversion before the end of the week.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
STATE OF THE WORLD CONVERSION VOTE

The demon empress, Lasya, grew reliant on many secretive and unsanctioned rituals, but her use of divination was popular and well-publicized. It is, as everybody knows, the sign of a good ruler to consult the signs revealed by the gods. This was through arrow quivers, wooden rods, as well as calling on the state oracle and to act in accordance with their dictates. Her own predictions for Tibet were seldom revealed. The empire must keep its own secrets. Still, she discussed the results of her consultations with her ministers and made contingencies for their outcomes.

:siren: THIS IS AN ELEVEN-PART VOTE. PLEASE NUMBER YOUR VOTES ACCORDINGLY AND BOLD THEM SO I CAN COUNT THEM. :siren:

:siren: YOU HAVE A WEEK TO DECIDE. THE VOTING WILL STOP AT 9 PM EST, JANUARY 6.
:siren:

1 - MONGOLIA
A - The Dried-Up Tree - associated with essencelessness and being without result.
B - The Ground of Gold - where staying put yields good results.
C - The Treasury of Jewels - with perfect prosperity.

2 - LATER JIN CHINA
A - The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.
B - The White Umbrella of Good Fortune - where the flower garden ripens on time, where journeys are successful and one arrives safely.
C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - adding butter again and again to the burning flames of desire, increasing the demonstration of joy; though activities of earth and water are harmed.

3 - FURTHER EAST
A - The House of Gold Tidings - the gatekeeper of the east.
B - The Golden Wheel - the amazement of achieving treasure without effort
C - The Demon of Death - killing, death, and destruction.

4 - THE SOUTHEAST
A - The Bright Star - The non-dispersion of the beautiful accumulation which has been gathered.
B - The Golden Mountain - the unchanging auspicious symbol.
C - The Great Fiery Weapon - the subduing of all others with endowed bravery.

5 - THE SOUTH
A - The King of Power - the roar of brave tigers and lions.
B - The Jeweled Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.
C - The Nectar-Like Medicine - arriving at the happy stream in the golden south.

6 - THE SOUTHWEST
A - The Overflowing Jeweled Vessel - the concurrence of golden vase and ingredient of nectar.
B - The Vase of Nectar - to drink nectar and gain immortality.
C - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - being pressed down by a large hill.

7 - THE NEAR WEST
A - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - No matters are positive, as a dead tree is sliced in half.
B - Pool without a Source of Water - assembly of demons from the southwest.
C - The King of Power - the roar of brave tigers and lions.

8 - THE FAR WEST
A -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - Ill augurs, as a house burns.
B -The Vase of Nectar - the activities of peace are accomplished.
C -The Mara Demon of the Aggregate - Words from the great slaughterer.

9 - THE OTHER WORLD - NORTH
A -The Overflowing Jeweled Vessel - the good field of increased happiness.
B - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - enemies destroyed in the east or the center.
C - The White Conch - more good news and fame.

10 - THE OTHER WORLD - THE CENTER
A -The Vase of Nectar - Turbulence among relatives.
B -The Demon of Afflictions - Activity that accompanies destruction.
C -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

11 - THE OTHER WORLD - SOUTH
A -The Dried-Up Tree - proclaimed by the messenger of the demon Mara.
B -The White Conch - thoughts renowned like a pleasing tune.
C -The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

1B - The Ground of Gold
2C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames
3C - The Demon of Death
4A - The Bright Star
5A - The King of Power
6B - The Vase of Nectar
7A - The Mara Demon of Aggregates
8B - The Vase of Nectar
9C - The White Conch
10C - The Demon of the Heavenly Son
11B - The White Conch

:unsmigghh:

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jan 2, 2020

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

1 - MONGOLIA
A - The Dried-Up Tree - associated with essencelessness and being without result.

2 - LATER JIN CHINA
C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - adding butter again and again to the burning flames of desire, increasing the demonstration of joy; though activities of earth and water are harmed.

3 - FURTHER EAST

4 - THE SOUTHEAST

5 - THE SOUTH

6 - THE SOUTHWEST
C - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - being pressed down by a large hill.

7 - THE NEAR WEST

8 - THE FAR WEST

B - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - enemies destroyed in the east or the center.

C -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

1.A.
2.B.
3.A.
4.C.
5.A.
6.C.
7.B.
8.A.
9.B.
10.A.
11.C.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

1 - MONGOLIA

2 - LATER JIN CHINA

3 - FURTHER EAST
B - The Golden Wheel - the amazement of achieving treasure without effort

4 - THE SOUTHEAST
B - The Golden Mountain - the unchanging auspicious symbol.

5 - THE SOUTH
B - The Jeweled Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

6 - THE SOUTHWEST

7 - THE NEAR WEST

8 - THE FAR WEST
C -The Mara Demon of the Aggregate - Words from the great slaughterer.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

1 - MONGOLIA
B - The Ground of Gold - where staying put yields good results.

2 - LATER JIN CHINA

3 - FURTHER EAST

4 - THE SOUTHEAST

5 - THE SOUTH

6 - THE SOUTHWEST

7 - THE NEAR WEST

8 - THE FAR WEST

A -The Vase of Nectar - Turbulence among relatives.

B -The White Conch - thoughts renowned like a pleasing tune.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
1 - B
2 - A
3 - A
4 - C
5 - C
6 - A
7 - C
8 - B
9 - C
10 - C
11 - C

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

MONGOLIA
1C - The Treasury of Jewels - with perfect prosperity.

LATER JIN CHINA
2C - Adding Butter to Burning Flames - adding butter again and again to the burning flames of desire, increasing the demonstration of joy; though activities of earth and water are harmed.

FURTHER EAST
3B - The Golden Wheel - the amazement of achieving treasure without effort

THE SOUTHEAST
4A - The Bright Star - The non-dispersion of the beautiful accumulation which has been gathered.

THE SOUTH
5B - The Jeweled Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

THE SOUTHWEST
6C - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - being pressed down by a large hill.

THE NEAR WEST
7B - Pool without a Source of Water - assembly of demons from the southwest.

THE FAR WEST
8A -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - Ill augurs, as a house burns.

THE OTHER WORLD - NORTH
9A -The Overflowing Jeweled Vessel - the good field of increased happiness.

THE OTHER WORLD - THE CENTER
10C -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

THE OTHER WORLD - SOUTH
11C -The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

Taking a vague aim at chaos in the known world, and mostly prosperity elsewhere save the Aztec realms, which presumably didn't do great from sending huge amounts of money and manpower overseas to ultimately be driven back. But we'll see soon enough what it is that I actually picked, I guess.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
1. B.
2. B.
3. B.
4. A.
5. C.
6. B.
7. A.
8. A.
9. A.
10. C.
11. B.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

1 - MONGOLIA

2 - LATER JIN CHINA
A
- The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

3 - FURTHER EAST

4 - THE SOUTHEAST

5 - THE SOUTH
A
- The King of Power - the roar of brave tigers and lions.

6 - THE SOUTHWEST

7 - THE NEAR WEST
A - The Mara Demon of Aggregates - No matters are positive, as a dead tree is sliced in half.

8 - THE FAR WEST
A
-The Demon of the Heavenly Son - Ill augurs, as a house burns.

C -The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
1 - B
2 - C
2 - B
4 - C
5 - A
6 - B
7 - A
8 - C
9 - A
10 - C
11 - B