Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
A good choice that will obviously have no negative ramifications whatsoever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

A - what could go wrong????

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: The vote will close at 9 PM EST tonight. :siren:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: POLLS ARE CLOSED :siren:

The Fate of the Second Gyalyum

A - Recognize Her as the Legitimate Ruler (17): (QuoProQuid, Technowolf, SirPhoebos, Crazycryodude, TinTower, Tulip, Ferrovanadium, RagnarokZ, WilliamAnderson, Pacho, Empress Theonora, Alikchi, GunnerJ, Gravity Cant Apple, Livewire42, Dr_Gee, Mirdini)

B - Expel Her (15): (Lord Cyrahzax, ThatBasqueGuy, Soup du Jour, megane, Ralepozozaxe, Lynneth, Xelkelvos, the JJ, HereticMIND, AJ_Impy, Rody One Half, wiegieman, Ikasuhito, Iceblocks, Viola the Mad)

She will be here soon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SHE COMES.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL GET FOR REFUSING ORTHODOXY. I WILL BURN WITH YOU AND MY SMILE WILL BLACKEN AND CRISP AS I WATCH YOU SCREAM IN REALIZATION!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Which flavor of Bon lets me do this?

https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1300809504339062784

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
I have no idea.

With the usual caveat of my not being a real expert in this area at all, I thought it was a Kapala, which is usually made out of the top of the cranium - but this is the whole skull. On the frontal bone are the Cittipati.

With even less certainty, that might be an 'Om' symbol between the eye sockets, and double vajra on the top of the cranium.

This might be Ranjana script on the jawbone?

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 3, 2020

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Chapter 69: 1590 to 1600 - A Prophet Facing Backwards

As told by Gyalyum II the False the Restorer

The elector-king Tingngezin I and his son were pulled from their horses and I cut them to death. My forces and I ambushed them near Goinqen. They said something but it didn't matter. May their ghosts be scattered forever.

When I rode into Lhasa on horseback and camped outside Potala in a black felt tent, the court's reaction was divided between terror and amazement. How could this red-faced peasant with a Khams accent, they said, dare to claim to be the return of the greatest figures in the history of humankind? They did not know, or they denied, my recognition of objects and banners once owned by myself, nor of my recognition by members of the Restorationist sect. The electors of the Empire hurriedly convened and returned the Sacred Imperial seat to Rajputana. They conspired, both to protect their own authority and privileges, and to eliminate threats to their reign.

Barely two months after my return, the noble families, loyalists to the previous emperor, and many of the merchant families of Lhasa cast their lot with treason. They saw me as a deluded impostor, incapable of rule, and so a mob stormed the palace in the winter evening and demanded my head.

I escaped after climbing out a window and I ran unshod for miles to rejoin my army and follow my sworn duty.

This led to the outbreak of hostilities between those forces loyal to myself, Gyalyum II, and the loyalists to the previous regime, on the belief that all would join them and I would be swiftly removed from power.

Who did they take me to be?

The rebels, led by the general Gyaltsen Sonam and the vast Mune family, contested Lhasa and the upper Yarlung Valley, where as those loyal to myself retained the east.

The rebels were driven out of Lhasa.

The winter would be harsh even by the standards of Tibet; and the rains fell heavy in the south. Barley, potatoes, and rice were lost, horses, donkeys, sheep, horses, yaks, dris, and dzos, all perished. Desiring to avoid a general catastrophe, I used the imperial treasury to purchase food from abroad to avoid a total collapse.

Those in the outer regions of the empire, still desperate and weary from starvation, rebelled against the authority of the empire. County offices were burned, officials hung from the roofs.

Our armies met again, further west of Lhasa.

Still my armies marched west, leaving the south alone for a moment.

And then, plague. It spread through the camps of the armies, and it spread in the cities. Brought about by bad air or foul water, and pestilence brings the mightest empires on earth to heel. The greatest ambitions brought down by something unseen.

My armies went south to Thimphu,

And yet without any authority in the central court, Tibet disintegrated. Armed brigands, demobilized or overlooked soldiers, took to robbery.

And so I led the army into battle and defeated the rebels.

It was at that point that I became convinced that the empire had to be defended and my forces had to be preserved if I was to survive.

More nobles rose up - these did not argue over the right to rule per se, but they yearned to claim new rights beyond those allotted to them by the council.

At this point, still more rebels flocked to the enemy, far outnumbering my own forces.

The nobility had said that I was mad. It was told that I destroyed most of the furniture in my baggage, that I wore a grass crown, that I demanded to open up ancient tombs to desecrate their bones. That I had gone to the tombs of lesser emperors that had already been pillaged and yet passed over when I saw mine own. That I lay prostrate in prayer and wept for hours before the gilded statues of past empresses and plead for their counsel. That is what they would say.

It would be very convenient for them to say so. Those are kinds of stories that keep people reading.

My own story is very simple. I shall cultivate my powers, and act to bring out justice. I know of the great evil that has been done, of the death of the second Pakmodru Tse and I want to correct it - for what was and what was not were only so far apart. The wrongs of the past can be undone. They must be.

My allies were defeated in Lhasa and so fled the city - nobles, priests, and camp followers had slain themselves to avoid capture.

And still there was rebellion, this time in the south.

The army of general Gyaltsen Sonam was defeated near Koch. He was struck in the neck by a musket ball and died then.

While the forces under my direct command had been successful in suppressing rebellion in the south, the plateau was almost entirely overrun.

We defeated the Bengali rebels at Dhaka.

And now a new set of rebels had risen up - those loyal to the old priestly organization, who practiced inquisitions and roamed from village to village in search of enemies to destroy, killing or mutilating anyone who would support myself or any opponents to the church.

The hierarchy, which had been founded seven centuries ago to serve as a binding knot between all of the peoples of Tibet upon the principles of devotion to the gods had wandered far from its own grounds. The monastic centers had become centers of evil.

I would go lead the army into battle against them - armies led by warrior-priests who carried blessed images of wrathful dieties and the wheel of fate. Some of the conscripts demurred at firing on holy men, but when I fired a cannon myself, that allayed their fear.

If there is any continuity beyond death, what of it. If there was something before, I have no memory of it. I have no memory of the seven hundred years that passed. It is immaterial to me, and so when I have the priests bayonetted, their faces show they too do not know what comes after them.

They know the evil they have done, the holy woman they have murdered. They might as well have turned Mapam Yumtso into a waste dump. I make myself into an instrument of vengeance. I must. She would need me to. I shall make all right for her. The sun blackened out, the mountains turned flat, without her.

I spent much time and effort to even retain the usual routes of travel.

Even so, my armies were plagued by desertion and peasants refusing conscription.

My armies held nearly all of the lower Ganges, but Burma and all of the plateau were lost.

What mattered was that the other armies were worse - that they would surrender to us.

And still there was rebellion.

We had abandoned the plateau for too long - I ordered a march up towards it and we met the enemy near Thimphu and they retreated.

We heard of the fall of Lhasa. It was a described like of the scrolls painted of hell - of all deeds of evil committed by three-headed demons. The snow lion banner of Tibet was engulfed in smoke; animals broke free from their stables; those fleeing from Lhasa ran slowly, as if they ran in a nightmare. Would they say the gods mock us and laugh at our misfortune? No, my dear soldiers, they weep at our misfortune.

In response, my second loyal army overran the enemy and reduced them all to crawling animals.

Those possessed fanatics far outnumbered us - if the armies were separated we would easily be destroyed. We had no reserves to draw from.

I had to plead with the troops, climbing up on a platform and speaking until I was hoarse. I don't even think they all heard me...

No cheers. But they didn't desert as quickly.

I then pursued and destroyed one enemy army near Rangpur.

The only thing that gave us reprieve was that the enemy armies soon fought among themselves - assuming we were hopelessly beaten and unable to recover, they then battered each other for the throne.

We made a rapid march towards Lhasa and destroyed an army at Shigatse.

Lhasa, already battered after its fall, was recaptured quickly. Many of luxuries of the palace - silks and furs - were gone. The rest stank of smoke. Many of the servants had been carted off. Most of the books were still there at least.

But while our situation was improved, it was not yet safe.

I led my own army south to destroy one of the remaining noble rebels.

I then heard news of catastrophe - my only remaining loyal general had lost most of her army to the hierarchy. All that was left were some of the cannons.

Again, the only thing that saved us was the nobility and the church fighting each other.

In Mong Yang and in dozens of other towns, they believed it was truly the end of the world. Priests there talked about somebody called Maitreya.... of the end of the world and the instantaneous return to nirvana.

I took more loans, gathered up mercenaries and fought to the end.

We defeated the armies of the church near Lhasa, and so bought ourselves a few more months.

The East - all of Kham and the upper Irrawaddy - were still in the hands of the rebels.

As in the west, all of Kashmir near the Punjab. We had only enough troops for one campaign.

After some deliberation, I headed east, knowing that the west would rebel more permanently and other kingdoms would make peace with it; or perhaps the Punjabi electorate would move in.

As I was on campaign, we had only one respite. A printed book had circulated among our camps, and we recieved word of the life and travels of Sigurţóra Ingvarsdotter - what a name! - A sailor from Scandinavia who had produced the most detailed single book about the other world - that was once known as Ixachitlan, although many of the people she found there either do not recognize or hate that name.

For all indeed marvelled at the beauty and prosperity of the other world. When soldiers from different armies met on occasion, perhaps to barter or tell stories, they would all speak of what they had heard.

Of the many nations and peoples,

of cities that, even if ruined, would be as majestic as any imperial capital, and of islands like fine polished jade in a sea of turquoise,

of forests as vast as continents,

and of cities built upon mountain tops and stone without mortal and marvelous animals as beasts of burden.

In a new age of exploration, they had all ventured forth towards the eastern half of the world, and in their trading posts and they bring wonders. I feel a longing to go there. Even if I never could.

There was a battle in a town near Sagaing... I had captured a general, whose name is not worth recalling. He all but shouted at me for what I had done, for destroying Tibet and that my foolish and hysterical delusions had brought down a great dynasty.

I smiled at him. I told him that he and the followers of the evil church would be destroyed, that they would be expunged from history, that the salt and wind of the earth would destroy all trace of their presence and their houses and that there would be nothing left to remember their deeds and their traitorous cause, not even ashen pages from a burned library.

He was beheaded that day.

The army was beautiful, almost mathematically perfect, with its snow lion banners and wheels of fate and crimson uniforms in lines of drilled fire.

And the last of the rebellious armies were defeated in the far southeast.

As suddenly as it had come, the plague had receded, recurring only in a few marginal villages. Perhaps enough had died.

Eventually, it was realized that this was not the end of the world, that the sun had not fallen out of the sky and that heaven and earth had not changed places, that time had not collapsed - there were those who still believed, as those beliefs do not die out so easily, but they were more ridiculed and shunned.

After ten years of war, I had remained in control of the Tibetan Empire. While the empire diminished slightly in size and in population with the loss of Kashmir and the Punjab,

shorn of all its colonies,

in desperate want of both soldiers and treasure,

beholden to its many creditors. But I still remained in power in Lhasa after years of internal warfare and dozens of conspirators hoped to unseat me.

The great parliament thus paid homage to the rightful emperor.

The heralds and messengers of the court were all sent out to proclaim the truth of this contest.

While the earth revolted in elemental rage. Think, and reflect on what worse fates we have avoided.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 14, 2020

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
:stare:

I am reminded of the Second Taifa days in al-Andalus.

In game terms, what the hell just happened? I'm guessing we took a big stability hit when Gyalyum II took the throne.

e. On the other hand, look at that New World! It's beautiful. :allears:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Viola the Mad posted:

:stare:

I am reminded of the Second Taifa days in al-Andalus.

In game terms, what the hell just happened? I'm guessing we took a big stability hit when Gyalyum II took the throne.

If I'm not mistaken, that's the Russian time of troubles disaster modded slightly.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

Viola the Mad posted:

Stab hit when she took the throne, stab hit when the nobles revolted, stab hit during the 'insanity of Gyalyum II' event.

RabidWeasel posted:

If I'm not mistaken, that's the Russian time of troubles disaster modded slightly.

Modded to make things worse, basically.

I'll be working on a State of the World update for 1600 soon, anything you want me to point out?

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Anything and everything about the Americas.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
how prevalent is cannibalism in the savage West these days?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
I'd like to know more about the doings of Ayiti

:sickos:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Is anyone else colonizing the savages of Oyropp yet or just Ayiti?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

Kangxi posted:

Stab hit when she took the throne, stab hit when the nobles revolted, stab hit during the 'insanity of Gyalyum II' event.

Modded to make things worse, basically.

I'll be working on a State of the World update for 1600 soon, anything you want me to point out?

I love the smell of ash in the morning, makes for great history.

As for the state of the world, an update on the Americas/whatever they are called ITTL and an update on the Taira/Japan.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

YES, HAHAHA! YES!

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Poor Incas got kicked out of their homeland all the way to the Paraná River basin

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
oh my god

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
STATE OF THE WORLD: 1600

The Most Prestigious Nations in the World

The Most Wide-Spread Faiths in the World

The Rulers of the Sacred Tibetan Empire

On the Crown Lands of Tibet

Tibet recovers from a decade of internal turmoil. While on paper it is still powerful, it still is far from recovery, under the reign of the violent and obsessive Gyalyum II. The Time of Troubles, as it is called, is not yet over.

To its east, China remains divided into several distinct kingdoms, as it has for the past centuries. For now, there are no wars between them, and a kind of peace has settled on the area.

Korea had been gotten itself involved in several wars between the Chinese successor kingdoms over the past decades - King Jeon, who took the throne last year, seems to have little interest in such complicated affairs. The Manchu peoples are now a majority compared to the Koreans, and they live side-by-side in peace.

The Taira, for some reason, have avoided any further expansion onto Korea. They retain a 'selective integration' with affairs on the continent, and the king has directed the construction of weapons manufactories as well as settlements along the vast and inhospitable northern coast.

The Dahnayids of the Anatolian Empire have destroyed their rival, the Jerusalem Raj. With the assumption of the title of Caliph by Sultan Mamo II, they have not only an established claim for regional power but also aspirations towards the leadership of the whole ummah.

With the sudden weakness of Tibet, Tamilakam has invaded and absorbed some of its smaller neighbors, mainly the mercantile city-states of Lanka and Calicut. Their colonial settlements sit side-by-side with Gujarati and Ethiopian claims.

Ethiopia sits in a wary alliance with its northern Hindu neighbor, Egypt, against the growing expansionism of Anatolia. The brilliant Maharani, Mandera II, makes cautious moves towards controlling the mountainous interior and in destroying easy targets.

Mansa Hawa IV is in the middle of an expensive war against the remnants of the Kanem-Bornu kingdom, thought to be conquered decades ago. While Mali's colonial ventures across the ocean had failed decades ago, it has had more success with proselytization, as well as expansion along the Gold Coast.

Out of the decline of the Timurids, the kingdom of Khozistan has emerged as a regional power. With control of the lower Euphrates and Tigris, as well as the northern Persian Gulf, this monarchy has continued to expand at its neighbors' expense.

The archipelagic kingdom of Majahapit has seen little territorial expansion since the first half of the century, with conquests along the Malay peninsula. Instead, it has concentrated on building up its holdings on Java and Sumatra, held together by a vast and well-equipped navy.

On the other side of the world, the greatest power on continental Yorop/Frangistan/Awiropa is Carantania. This truly multiethnic state is held together by the teachings of Bogomilism, which represent a radical departure from pre-discovery religion and incorporates strands of anti-materialism, anti-clericalism, and Gnosticism.

On the very northern end of that continent is Scandinavia. While the old matriarchy retains its vast land holdings in name, it continues to bat off various rebels with claims to the throne, and the frontier slowly marches north.

While the old Triple Alliance is long-gone, one of its most enduring legacies is the Nahua state of Hualanitstlan. With a syncretic mixture of Frankish and Nahua customs, it continues a slow reclamation of territory in the west and south, and now rubs shoulders with the trading posts and colonies from across the distant ocean. Queen Cihuaton I Ayaxacatlid has won against the Mellerstafjalli Jihad, and now contemplates her next move.

And now for a brief introduction to the states across the Great Western Ocean.

The theocracy of Tsalagihi Ayeli has continued its long-standing policies of internal development and military expansionism. The king-priest Boudinot maintains a positive and protective relationship towards the smaller states of the Lenape, the Pequot, and the larger Haudenosaunee Confederacy.

By contrast, the Shaawanwaki, the Meskwaki, and Wyandot kingdoms have formed defensive alliances as a safeguard against Tsalagi expansion.

With the collapse of the Triple Appliance in the late 15th century, various groups moved to fill the power vacuum. At first, the territories of the Nʉmʉnʉʉ Sookobitʉ were vastly expanded, but they were in turn supplanted by the Ni-u-kon-ska through various feats of military expansion. The difficulty, however, lies in holding this vast territory, with not only includes various Nʉmʉnʉʉ peoples, but also a significant remnant of the Nahua population. The Tsalagi may eye an opening, or there may be another rebellion.

While the Triple Alliance lost the bulk of its territory by 1500, remnants of the old empire continued to fight on until the 1590s. Out of its vast ruin, multiple successor states have sprung up. The western half of the old empire is now controlled by the Iréchecua Tzintzuntzáni, which holds territory as far west as Hawaii, and somehow retains the old Triple Alliance possession of Bermuda. Its neighbor is the Tlahtōlōyān Tlaxcallan, which had seen fruitful expansion and trade, but is slowly losing territory to its more powerful neighbor.

Also of note is the aristocratic republic of the Cocomes; various city-states had rebelled around the time of the Triple Alliance's collapse - these competed with each other intensely before one triumphed over all the rest.

Ayiti, indicated here in green, is one of the most successful of the colonial states of the Western Hemisphere. Currently it faces intense compeition over trade routes from its neighbors, most notably the Muisca Confederation.
Thanks to Empress Theonora for the icon!

Further to the southeast, the Malian colonial venture in this region was a mixed bag - on the one hand, their colony of Brazil soon folded; on the other hand, they were more successful in proselytizing and converting the Potiguara population. The Malian Empire is very close to the Potiguara - they are formal allies, and their royal families have intermarried.

From its peak in the 1480s with its ephemeral conquest of the Mapuche, Tawantinsuyu now fights for its life, clinging to a rump territory in the Paraná Basin. Of its successors, one of the most outstanding is the Chimor kingdom.

A MAP OF THE WORLD: 1600

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I don't recall what happened in those unclaimed parts of Awiropa. War or plague maybe?

I'd kill to see what those American nations look like, and whatever the hell Western Awiropa looks like as well because it looks like a glorious mess. I'm loving the hell out of it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Chaticks si Chaticks must have kicked the rear end of everyone around them to get that much prestige. Which seems about right given their rep from the 19th century where IIRC they seem to have fought just about everyone.

Deeply appreciate the effort from Kangxi to name all of the NA nations using what the groups called themselves, e.g. Chaticks si Chaticks for Pawnee and Nʉmʉnʉʉ for Comanche.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Negostrike posted:

I don't recall what happened in those unclaimed parts of Awiropa. War or plague maybe?

I'd kill to see what those American nations look like, and whatever the hell Western Awiropa looks like as well because it looks like a glorious mess. I'm loving the hell out of it.

If I recall correctly, both, in significant measure. It was a huge disaster with plagues and wars and collapse around conversion time, and the conversion vote continued in that direction, I rationalized the end state as central control receding and the feudal contract breaking down with areas just doing a subsistence level thing. Not sure how accurate my speculative thing I wrote was to what Kangxi's rolling with.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3890740&pagenumber=42&perpage=40#post502086328

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 10, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Traitors say that Gyalyum has brought us ruin, but this is but a prelude to glorious conquest.

Soon, Tibet will be larger and grander than ever before. Tales of our deeds will be known from China to Cocomes.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Oh yes, I forgot - some religion maps.

Some spots with the old doctrine of anthropophagic transubstantiation, but the largest Christian tendency is clearly the Bogomilists.

The greatest stronghold of Buddhism in the near west, the Jerusalem Raj, is no more. Hadramut, in the southern part of the Arabian peninsula, enjoys good relations with its neighbors, on the other hand.

A major split between High Church and Restorationist Bon.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 12, 2020

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Interlude: The Wheel Turns

You should have known this was going to happen, really.

Every now and then some delusional peasant thinks she's Gyalyum or Songtsen Gampo or whoever else, but now one of them not only started a rebellion but they seized the throne of Lhasa and started a decade of war. Reincarnation doesn't work like that. Right?

You were one of the first to renounce the Sacred Hierarchy and your position in the Office of the Standardization of Beliefs and the Suppression of Delusions - you had a hunch this one was going to win, when you saw her army march right into Lhasa, saw her face that looked carved out of stone, and heard her commanding voice, and your legs turned to jelly and felt the compulsion to obey. Before you met the claimant, you thought you'd go over to her because you didn't want your eyes gouged out, but like everyone else you felt adoration, the need to give yourself up - and a touch of jealousy for the old sheildmaiden.

For a while, you believed. You think then, as you do now, that the many enemies of right living must be sought out and purged, that the world is full of supernatural entities within every lake and upon every thunderbolt. Walking alongside her army and granting blessings of protection became giving orders, conducting astrological readings became drawing up foraging orders, reciting the old laws of seven centuries ago became carrying them out.

Now, you wonder. You sit alone in your house at night and think.

You've been approached by some other nobles - you know precisely what this is for. Talking about reform, or perhaps overthrow. This could be just another boozy conversation where everybody complains about taxes or the conscription of their children and does nothing. Bunch of irrelevants. But you know you'd be a legitimizing presence just by being there. You had half a mind to run over and tell Her Majesty the Empress, the Great Presence, yourself, and then she would be so grateful and the empire would be safe. That would be enough. But on the other hand... on the other hand... could this go on? Could any of this go on? You have doubt even though you've never said it.

You know there would be talk about the church, what it would look like now that the Sacred Hierarchy is pushed aside. You'd need a new structure for that.

Choose one of the following aspects for Restorationist Bon:

But on the other hand, you have no idea what to even say if the topic of Gyalyum II comes up. Whether to keep quiet and support her further, or to cast leads out for overthrow. To have the nobles act as some moderating force, or to grant Gyalyum II even more power. Make her glorious presence go on forever... If only Pakmodru Tse was here, then it would be perfect... how could that come about?

Choose one of the following reforms:
A) Political Absolutism
B) Legislative Houses
C) Republic
D) Theocracy

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Taoist Mysticism: Our armies must be unstoppable.

C. Become a Republic: I must applaud the reborn Tse for helping us achieve what no other ruler of Tibet has managed: Shattering the wheel.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 13, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

e: Taoist Mysticism and C: Become Republic

Tulip fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 13, 2020

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Surely some of the old Taoist mysteries can be maintained, redefined and pondered further? Certainly would never condone a return to the, uh, falsehoods of the old Hierarchy, but a pinch of the unknown can do much to light the fire of the soul.

Other institutions, I believe, it might be best to let pass away. Surely our glorious empress is the very fulfillment of her divine office! Who could replace her? Once she is gone, will the office not again fall into the corruption that saw the reborn Tse slain? We cannot allow it! A Republic of the Virtues of True Bon is the way forward.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Taoist Mysticism.

A) Political Absolutism.

Tibet needs strength.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Venerate the Second Tse and Theocracy.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Reformed Monasticism

Theocracy

when the Second Gyalyum passes, we must await the arrival of the Third.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Surely some of the old Taoist mysteries can be maintained, redefined and pondered further? Certainly would never condone a return to the, uh, falsehoods of the old Hierarchy, but a pinch of the unknown can do much to light the fire of the soul.

Other institutions, I believe, it might be best to let pass away. Surely our glorious empress is the very fulfillment of her divine office! Who could replace her? Once she is gone, will the office not again fall into the corruption that saw the reborn Tse slain? We cannot allow it! A Republic of the Virtues of True Bon is the way forward.

Agreed

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Accept the Material
C: Republic

Materialist Republicanism, you say? Hrm...

Iolite
May 9, 2009

McGavin posted:

Venerate the Second Tse and Theocracy.

This. It is the will of the true Gyalyum!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Taoist Mysticism and Republic.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Knuckle Slammers & Political Absolutism

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010

Will be interesting to see where the narrative takes a republic, but that presupposes that the republic survives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Caustic Soda posted:

Will be interesting to see where the narrative takes a republic, but that presupposes that the republic survives.

this