Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Gesar Lasya after annexing half of China, declaring herself emperor, dissolving the Senate, and surviving an assassination attempt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well well well if it isn't the significant consequences of my own actions

E: those enclaves are gross, get rid of them!!!!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What that a thematic choice, or is that because you're China, thus you get the EU4 China Experience™ including its janky court mechanics?

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Thank goodness Heaven has returned to Tibet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The momentum of victories was just too addicting.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay but now it's all the more important we destroy the fake empire and reclaim India.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The Heavenly Republic was founded as an answer to a simple but serious question- what is Tibet to do when no worthy sovereign occupies the throne in Lhasa? For generations, we provided that answer, allowing the gods to choose the leader we needed. But now...but now Gesar Lasya has provided something far more definitive, achieving for Tibet victories and miracles we thought were lost forever. In a trial of fire and war, we now have an Empress who has proven to stand above and beyond even the greatest of the Purgyals! The republican regency is over- we at last have a ruler worthy of Tibet, of China, and of far beyond.
:hai:

Rody One Half posted:

Okay but now it's all the more important we destroy the fake empire and reclaim India.
:hai:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Between the plateau, India, SEA, and West/South China, I want us positioned to be the ultimate power on Earth just in time to be absolutely loving destroyed, like we're Al Andalus trying to claim a single Iberian county, by the birth of nationalism

And I challenge anyone to disagree!

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Kangxi posted:

With unanimous votes for unlimited military expansion.

Another vote soon: we'll need to see how this celestial empire will hold itself together.

I love democracy.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
God, I'm so sick of goons loving things up.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

The only thing goons hosed up is China and its weak allies. Can't wait for the revolution to reach us and show us how to really gently caress things up.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Long have we awaited the return of Gyalyum, and she stands before us now! Master of Tibet, Master of China! Gesar Lasya, the Eternal Empress incarnate!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The old Sacred Empire can go hang. They are the past. Let us look to the future and to the distant shore over the horizon.

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
Truly, our Dread Empress is back :unsmith:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah let's just be China now.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The gang solves the China problem

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Ok, but don't you see? Now is the perfect time to build a new Pyramid!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Huh, Anatolia having a communist revolution. Sounds familiar...

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Well that escalated quickly, if Tibet is to be the new Celestial Empire there will be a lot of border cleaning to be done in China.

Also looking at the Blood in the Bosphorus timeline and what's happening in Anatolia is hilarious, I wonder how far the Revolutions will spread.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
VOTE: 1720

Empress Gesar Lasya, daughter of heaven, lady of ten thousand years, is uneasy. She sits on the throne left vacant after the death of Gyalyum II, and she wears the yellow robes of an empress. Even so, she has a feeling in the back of her head that she shouldn't be here - is that because of the hazards of the office, or is it because she's the first non-Purgyal emperor in over four centuries?

She swears, sometimes, the statues are watching her.

The failed assassination attempt has left her a bit unsteady - she has not shied away from attending her own battles before, but the sight of a pistol barrel pointed to her face does force one to re-evaluate her options.

The news of the collapse of the Anatolian Caliphate has been received with shock and amazement. The nobility talk of it like it was the plague years or the last era of fragmentation come again. And they wonder, how another empire, which appeared so powerful, with armies across three continents, disintegrated in a matter of weeks and its imperial family scattered. There have been peasant rebellions for centuries, any student of history should know that -- but none as rapid and as successful as this.

Gesar Lasya wonders if she could send them a nice note. Maybe they could come to some arrangement on Ethiopia or Persia...

But still, she has an empire to run, and a good empress must establish order and enlightenment for her people. That is what the abolition of slavery was for. That is what the edicts of toleration were for. This must be a benevolent empire. If it is to last any longer than the heavenly republic it replaced, then it will need a good successor, to carry out her ambitions, to reunite China, and potentially to recover all of the Sacred Tibetan Empire.

That will be a tough decision to make. When a wealthy noble dies, all his distant relatives swarm about his funeral hoping to receive a portion of his property, so has Gesar Lasya seen her court after her assassination attempt. After so much debate, after sorting through so many ingrates and petty climbers, she has settled on three candidates.

Choose ONE of the following options:

A) The Purgyal, Tenzin - a young member of the Purgyal family, with no set stats. He is also 14, so barring illness or disaster he will have a short regency period and long rule.

B) The General, Dorje - an experienced military officer and trusted compansion. She would be adopted into Gesar Lasya's family and take her surname. She is a loyal and experienced officer who will have a good military stat, but she is also almost 60, and her death may bring about a new period of instability.

C) The Favourite, Tashi - a younger (but not that much younger) woman who has gained the empress's ear over the past ten years. She has excellent diplomacy stats, and the empress is deeply fond of her. That said, she would also have low legitimacy and as a result, more revolts and special events may spawn during her rule.

The vote will close Saturday, February 20, at 9 PM EST. I will also take any questions on the state of the world at this time.

THE WORLD: 1720

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Which of these candidates has proved themselves? Which has already stood at our empress's side, in the mud and ash of war, bringing glory and wealth to Tibet? Dorje is already the sister of Gesar Lasya in blood and the woman ready to keep our empire on the path of strength.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A Let the baby rule China!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

C

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

C

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I would rather no tibet than an empire. C. Hopefully she will die early and take this boondoggle with it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Gotta be C, liked that movie and surely that's a good sign for an empire right?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
I vote for the power of a beautiful friendship C

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
C for chaos

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

A Purgyal Restoration!

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

A Just lol if you look at the world's most powerful empire and don't think "yeah, a baby should rule this."

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
C

Usual Japan and not-California update along with what that Orang/Tan blob in the East Coast and Western Europe is.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet
A, let's hope the baby burns this to the ground.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Which of these candidates has proved themselves? Which has already stood at our empress's side, in the mud and ash of war, bringing glory and wealth to Tibet? Dorje is already the sister of Gesar Lasya in blood and the woman ready to keep our empire on the path of strength.

Well said! I vote B, death by iron and blood :black101:

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

C

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Which is most intrigued by the idea of building a giant pyramid?

If there's no answer, B, so that we may continue to purge the enemies of our most high realm.

Changing my vote to A, to prevent a cosseted favorite who will lead us to doom from being installed.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 16, 2021

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
A for more Purgyals.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

C! When has low legitimacy caused any issues? :v:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A. Purgyal!

Adbot