Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Having just finished reading the PopeLP, I'm getting quite a bit of deja vu here. Surprised no one has made a new version of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

R.I.P. Tse (again).

Say "hi" to Fadazu for us at the Big MegaCampaign HOF in the Sky.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I love that a fourth religion has moved into Jerusalem. The Badshah better be building a big shrine to Vishnu

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If even non-Abrahamic religions are booking it to the Levant, then Tibet needs to step up its game.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Are you using the Jade Serpent mod?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A

Are there any LPs where this event chain failed?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well that could have gone much worse.

For those that don't know there's a 9/10 chance that the mystic is a fraud and the chain is guaranteed to fail.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Flesnolk posted:

What do you mean guaranteed to fail? Didn't this exact chain succeed in PopeLP?

9 out of 10 times, the mystic is a fraud, and the event chain will end in failure no matter how good your stats (or the mystic's) are. It's a hidden trait on the mystic, but there are a few means to detect it other than using console commands to reveal hidden traits.

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Immortality

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kangxi posted:

STATE OF THE WORLD - 1250

To their south is the kingdom in the Maghreb. Formed out of several rump states left behind after the near-total collapse of the Umayyads, Sultan Beddis is a just and charismatic ruler - although he has turned away from Sunni Islam into something entirely different.

Please say it's Yazidi.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

i81icu812 posted:

It looks like there are valid duchies for Timur to spawn in, can you take a look and see if he has shown up yet?

Earliest possible appearance is 1200

Can you mod Timur to be a Khazar? I want maximum Religion Thunderdome.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kangxi posted:

No signs of Timur yet, but I will be keeping an eye out for him. He may be slightly different than our Timur, as well.

Let me guess: he'll have the Hare Lip trait instead of Club Foot?

"Sire! Timur the Rabbit marches on Baghdad!"
"Allah preserve us!"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Viola the Mad posted:

...How many. How many popes have eaten people, and why.

If I had to guess?

Because they lost Rome, the Papal States haven't had a chance to build up the hospital in their home province. No hospital means diseases linger in the province longer, keeping the court sealed in. After the court is sealed in long enough, the ruler starts getting events where they can either suffer health penalties from food shortages, or start chowing down on members of the court that were caught taking more than their share of rations

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Off topic of anything going on in this LP, but I've been reading through past megacampaigns. Were there any that switched over to the colonies when the colonial rebellions started?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kangxi posted:

For what it's worth, I very nearly started in Imperator, but I'd have no idea what to do between that and CK2.

Attila: Total War?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Grizzwold posted:

I think Gold Rules the World switched to a new world nation, but that was mostly due to very bad things happening to the one in Europe.

Neat! I don't see that one in the LP archive-do you have a link?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'll be honest, if a big plot like that didn't succeed, I'd start save-scumming.

(I have very limited experience playing a vassal. It looks like it requires a lot of patience)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Being one-legged gives a pretty large personal combat penalty, so not an unexpected result.

Still, pour one out for Fuyuan

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

If I wasn't in the middle of reading the Andalusia LP, I'd be all up for invading, but it turns out reading in detail how one country gets continually dunked on is pretty dispiriting.

So, No.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can we please not resort to personal attacks?

Not every ParadoxLP has to turn into Crete.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I know we're still several updates away from the end of CK2, but I have a suggestion for the EUIV conversion:

Instead of voting on discrete proposals for the regions outside of the current map, the thread brainstorms different ideas for each region, then when it's time to set up the regions, Kangxi selects a few of the ideas randomly, and uses those to put together a picture of the region, even if some of the results seem contradictory.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kangxi, I got a question about the mod you're using: do the Reforms remain after the death of the ruler, or do you need to re-up them with each successor?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well, that just made me very glad to have never seen the videos you are referencing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Never got it myself, but I've seen it happen to the AI.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I have yet to read ByzLP, but I'm hoping Dapper Ming makes a good showing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:regd08:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

While the family is no longer around in this game, I've always thought that the Bulanid CoA was pretty boss and I think it would work well for a Khazaria flag

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I assume that we're going to be changing how institutions spawn.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

1B
2C
3A
4B
5A
6B
7C
8A
9C
10B
11A

suggestion to Kangxi: it may help some people to repost the poll periodically so it can be referenced by future voters.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Xelkelvos posted:

There's no right answer. There's no wrong answer. Whether they're good or bad is a mystery though. :unsmigghh:

The wise woman bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you loving moron"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kangxi posted:

:siren: Two days left to vote :siren:

Fake edit: We still have multiple questions that are tied

I'm sure you can work something out

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Didn't we already get a mythos-land in the Hansa megacampaign?

We can at least go with one of the ideas that didn't make the cut (Lost World or LotR)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Who wants to bet that, despite us being in Tibet and all the nonsense to hit Europe, Hualanuitstlan here still becomes the our biggest rival for the remainder of this LP?

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 31, 2020

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Rody One Half posted:

Man I know Christianity, and Europe in general, took a beating but Rome itself being forgotten by history

"Archeologist believe that Christianity was a derivative of Greco-Latin myths that venerated Saturn the Titan. The well-documented practice of ritualized cannibalism by the high priest is done in homage of their high god, and also explains why the other figures of Greek myth are absent.

"A vocal minority persist in claiming that Christianity actually has it's roots in the monotheist faith practiced by the Khazar people of Crimea, like Islam, but credited scholars believe these claims to be allegorical and revisionist. Some evidence exists that a syncretic version of Christianity that showed Muslim linfluences was practiced in Anatolia and the Balkans, but it's most likely that these beliefs emerged after the Mongol migration to this region".

EDIT: Just to fuel speculation:

Kangxi posted:

8 - THE FAR WEST
A(29) -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - Ill augurs, as a house burns.
B(8) -The Vase of Nectar - the activities of peace are accomplished.
C(14) -The Mara Demon of the Aggregate - Words from the great slaughterer.

10 - THE OTHER WORLD - THE CENTER
A(15) -The Vase of Nectar - Turbulence among relatives.
B(6) -The Demon of Afflictions - Activity that accompanies destruction.
C(30) -The Demon of the Heavenly Son - If the fires of desire blaze, oneself is burnt.

Also relevant: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890740&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=37#post501074782

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 31, 2020

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm curious-is this going to be the first EU4 LP that doesn't have the outdated Tech Group penalties?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kangxi posted:

We are modding the tech groups, yes.

What I meant was, until recently, tech groups had penalties that in the base game meant you were always trying to Westernize. But now it's been replaced with Institutions, so that while Europe would normally have a tech advantage, a player can get Institutions to spawn in their nation if they can push ahead in development.

FAKE EDIT: What do tech groups do now if it no longer has weights on research speed, determine unit types?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sinner Sandwich posted:

Was... was that a plot synopsis of The Rise of Skywalker?

Need to add comments on how this director was taking obvious swipes at his predecessors, but other than that.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

We're going to get in-game models for sloth cavalry, right?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sacred Heirarchy instead of Holy See...we're going to get Bon Protestantism, aren't we? (whatever the gently caress that looks like)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So how are the Khazars doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Maritime :v: