Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

"Nahua pope leads successful crusade against Aztecs" is really poetic

E: "you're a loving candlestick" should be incorporated into the thread title

Tulip fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

bring her here

it would insult her for her presence to be known, but not be invited back to her rightful place, and she would punish us for that

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Yes. And she returned our holy greeting in kind.

It is now a new tradition, like it would be in KODP.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Jossar posted:

That's the problem with Buddhism. You try to get rid of it, and it just comes back in another form.

Until you eliminate suffering, craving, and ending, then somebody, somewhere, will inevitably and independently rediscover the Path.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ibblebibble posted:

Someone's gonna have to link me the update with this Tse person because I have a memory like a sieve.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890740&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post495714289

Is the first mention I'm finding

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Now that was a fun update to read, hell yeah.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

But please excuse me. The empress' daughter is off to be inducted into the Imperial Guard, and the ceremony for the incoming class is soon. I must be ready, I've got a cousin who's joining.

I will also attend. Thank you for your visit.

It was my honor, Your Holy Presence.

May Tibet remain prosperous.

[After the inquisitor is gone, Tse clasps a hand on her forehead and takes great heaving gasps of breath.]

It was bugging me but:

this update in particular reminds me of JY Yang. So uh, that's awesome.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

D

His proof is bullshit, also this plotline rules don't kill it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dada? Seriously?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

And that's the last post of the LP. We have doomed this world.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

habeasdorkus posted:

GODDAMNIT. THE REVENANT TSE WON'T STAY DEAD AND BURIED. I TOLD YOU WE NEEDED TO BURN THE BODY.

SOMEONE CALL THE loving GHOSTBUSTERS ALREADY.

Revenants seek revenge and are nearly unstoppable. I say we just let nature run its course and prepare wills for those who wanted her dead.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Have Cathars or Lollards gotten in yet?

Also looking forward to a successful Nahua invasion.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

There will be a slight delay with the next update, but you'll be happy to know that the Great Western Invaders are back. They took back not just Andalusia, but also all of Berber Africa (though the latter is now administered by their French-Norse vassals).

Europe: Will It Blend?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

B. Greater men and women than even the Empress have tried and failed to find the secret. Pursuing this means screwing over the Empire.

B

Also, since when is immortality even desirable? Working hard like this, to prolong life, is to build your own fetters and slow your own ascent.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

:siren: The vote is closed. :siren:

With 37 votes:

Yes, we should seek eternal life. (31) (Mr. Morgenstern, HereticMIND, Mycroft Holmes, Jeoh, Meinberg, Ferrovanadium, idhrendur, AJ_Impy, QuoProQuid, Freudian, Technowolf, megane, winterwerefox, Sir Phoebos, LJN92, RagnarokZ, Grizzwold, Mirdini, habeusdorkus, PetraCore, Flesnolk, Xelkelvos, Jossar, Rubix Squid, Anticheese, ThatBasqueGuy, jalapeno_dude, Pacho, Lynneth, do NOT jack off, Robindaybird)

No, it is too much of a risk. (6) (MaxieSatan, Yavuz, AnAnonymousIdiot, Tulip, Iceblocks, Ikasuhito)

The results of your decision will be known soon.

Best case scenario: we end up playing Horatio in Endless Space.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

habeasdorkus posted:

I, for one, blame the ཡི་དྭགས་ Tse for all of this.

e: update on last page.

Frankly we got off easy for murdering the hope and future of Tibet.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SirPhoebos posted:

(I have very limited experience playing a vassal. It looks like it requires a lot of patience)

It's less rebellion whack a mole and more a lot of monitoring your liege & other vassals for moments of weakness to capitalize on.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Akratic Method posted:

hmmmmmm

inflation... is prices

prices..... are set by..... merchants?

so, transitively........ :thunk:

this is a better understanding of inflation and prices than most econ departments

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Grizzwold posted:

Voting no to suicide by China.

Voting yes to suicide by China.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Man there are a lot of Christian cannibals.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

One of the classic problems Christian missionaries have had abroad is people, pretty accurately, understanding communion as cannibalism.

Rody One Half posted:

Norway please claim the Empire and the Fylkirate, this looks atrocious.

E: if this situation lasts to EU4 they should get a decision or something, that's a cartography abomination

they should get a decision to abolish maps

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

I have an update but not the one that I think you all were expecting.

ByzLP, also known as Blood in the Bosporus, will be back, probably before the end of the month.

Not gonna lie, I completely lost faith.

This also goes to show just how much of a bastard HOI is compared to the other parts of a Paradox LP.

E:

By my count, going from "last post in previous game to first post in new game,"

CK => EU
3 Months

EU => Vicky
3 Months

Vicky => HOI
56 months (State of the World 1936 was April 10, 2015)

Tulip fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 7, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

HOI4 wasn't released until June 2016. Then several personal matters intervened, and the mod wasn't really started until mid to late 2017. And we all (on the very small mod team!) have our own responsibilities, jobs, school, families, health, etc....

Oh I don't want to sound accusatory or anything, and I'm well aware that many intensive projects wind up with spiralling pushbacks if they start getting knocked off course because of, as mentioned, having a life. I'm just using this to indirectly measure how much more demanding the mod process is for HOI.

Though you're right that it's not really fair given that HOI4 wasn't even out yet in 2015.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

GunnerJ posted:

Looks like she can use that thing to get a lot of Tech Points, nice.

The Necronomicon has surprisingly sophisticated ideas about construction and logistics.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Voting no so that I can lord it over everyone on the way to the gallows if we lose and hopefully be forgotten in the parties if we win.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

NewMars posted:

Colonized, by who? I should think the aztecs are busy with their own problems and ming.. well.. we'll see.

Jerusalem and I dunno Norse. Maybe subsaharan Africa has some intact superpower(s) just off screen, laughing and having a good time.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The Four Noble Truths cannot be suppressed: they are woven into our every experience, and will always return.

In other words:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

It changes several times during the last update. The results may surprise you

The only surprise would be if Christianity became a stabilizing force for a prosperous future.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

edit 2: germany is sunni now

I like the Rub il Hizb. I made one that's kind of inspired by the Olympic Flag germany used and feels pretty modern. Not quite sure about how the colors match up - should I shrink the Rub il Hizb to be just inside the red to avoid the white-on-yellow violation?

And this one is a bit more like the older HRE flags but feels a little hyper-simple

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Man people are getting some sick stuff in here jeeeze.

xthetenth posted:

I like the second Germany option. The black-red-gold is so specifically a recent modern thing it seems off to me.

Alternately maybe an eagle of saladin type thing on the gold field?

Yeah the 2nd one makes more sense for the early parts of the game, keep the first one in the pocket if republicanism hits without Germany going Nahua/Norse/Cannibal?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Paradox games and especially EU are really over friendly to blobby centralized states in a way that makes poor history even if it makes for more satisfying gameplay, so just making breaking up more likely isn't even good for Tibet storytelling it's just "good for EU."

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rody One Half posted:

There's more of an Asia-Europe discrepancy in this than in ByzLp, where Rince dumped 500k doomstacks on everything.

That's probably because those 500k doomstacks made Hungary and Spain into parts of Asia.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I spent my new years with somebody I'd never met doing an unsolicited rune and tarot reading on me between shots, so I'm feeling augury-friendly.

1. A
2. C
3. B
4. A
5. B
6. C
7. C
8. C
9. A
10. A
11. B

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

A time-traveler lands in Japan and gives them untold riches, superweapons, and also omega-flu.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It's not actually Japan at all, but Greater Hawaii

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Obliterati posted:

Forget this archaic and unprovenanced term of 'Latins': can't we all just go back to calling it by its archaeologically recognised name, the Red Jugs culture?

when referring to this specific period the more precise but still common term is "ten-men," for their habit of adorning things with the Chinese numeral for ten, including often a small man in what is either some form of ancestor worship or perhaps a primitive fylgja.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kassad posted:

War sloths! :swoon:

But if a dozen men are strong enough to carry one of those cannons on their shoulders, Not-Columbus has a surprise waiting for him if he tries to start poo poo :stare:

Looking at it, it looks similar to Mons Meg or Dulle Griet style bombards, which is a large range (6T to 16T). So these folks can fireman carry about a ton.

These guys can probably suplex the sloth. Pro wrestling in this universe is going to be insane.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

If sloths are still around this has potentially massive ramifications for avocados

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Would the Flamboyant Schemers Europe also qualify as 'backwards Europe' or was it just pure hell world?

Kangxi posted:

Bonestantism

Would the Pro-Bonists be protestants or like counter-reformation?

E: Bonapartism is obviously something like the Pilgrims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kangxi posted:

The Tibetans would have been doomed if it were not for the armies of their own allies - in particular, those of the vassal Kingdom of Nepal, who were disciplined and outstanding in martial valor.

In honor of their contributions, the Kingdom of Nepal has been presented with a square flag variation.