Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I like Harmonious and Heriocratic. I think the latter has the potential to blow up in our face in fun ways later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

You say all these things assuming we’ll continue to amass territory over next 500 years or so

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

1. Unyielding seems best for trying to keep hold of Tibet
2. Daring and Harmonious: Seem narratively appropriate and offer fun opportunities later on. Daring will be useful to our vassals (and us should we ever find ourselves on the backslide);
3. Hierocratic I don't think Gyalyum has any interest in managing religious minutia and think conflict between secular and religious authorities is a rich well that will keep things interesting for the next few centuries

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Our warrior empress is going to spend her whole life looking for a worthy opponent, only to face disappointment after disappointment.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

What made the Governor think a bear was his best warrior?

He needed someone to fight the bar-bear-ian queen.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

sounds like we need to build a great temple to house our religious head

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

So, it's been a while since I played with Sunset Invasion activated. How do the Aztecs generally fair when they invade this early? Is there going to just be a big, pink blob over the western side of the map for the rest of the game or will they eventually fracture and recede?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Outside Tibet, this world looks like a mess.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

My usual solution after I reach a critical mass in game is usually either to switch over to a cadet branch of the same dynasty and try to take them to new heights or to take actions likely to fragment the empire.

Obviously, modding gives you more options. The civil war event chain and adding in an invasion (Indonesians annoyed that their trade routes have been disrupted?) seem like good options. Another possibility (and I'm not sure how possible this would be) would be to spawn and control a bunch of Bonnish Tibetan adventurers; have them make their ways to the west; and play as them, seeing if you can eek out survival disconnected from the greater Bonnish Tibetan empire.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

GrabbinPeels posted:

I'm picturing terrified priests strapped to the altar while the pope drones out the communion liturgy.

Mass just hasn’t been the same since they started allowing priests to use the vernacular Nahua and also really doubled down on the whole transubstantiation business.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Let there be peace

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Bring her back, you cowards

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The only way to prove that she’s right is to kill her and see if she reincarnates. So, A

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Do you even have to Ask?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Let's show China that we're the real center of the world.

Invade China

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Cowards, the lot of you.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Invade China; die a legend.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

QuoProQuid posted:

Invade China; die a legend.

I think I've made my view on this clear.

YES.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tulip posted:

The only surprise would be if Christianity became a stabilizing force for a prosperous future.

"Reformation" doesn't need to mean a religious schism in this world. It could be a literal 'reformation" of a bunch of petty, feuding sects into one.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Kangxi posted:

The Demon Empress has willed it, it must be so...

Without spoiling all of my plans for the EU4 conversion, I will at least need the following, off the top of my head:
-Tibet (although I may keep a variant of the old snow lion flag. Nothing with the swastika on it, please.)
-Later Jin China
-Scandinavia
-Norse England
-Norse Ireland
-Germany?
-Norse-Nahua France
-Hindu Abyssinia
-The remnants of the Tibetan kingdoms in the West
-Mongolian Byzantium, or what's left of it
-Ethopian Sunni Anatolia
-Buddhist states in Egypt
-Carantania
-The Jerusalem Raj
-Sunni Vladimir
-the Khazars (Karaites/Rabbinic/Samaritan?)

edit 128 x 128 in whatever format, I can convert them to TGA pretty easily

edit 2: germany is sunni now

I needed something to distract me from playing Elsinore today, so I did some work on Mongolian Byzantium.

Striped version 1:

Unstriped version 2:

EDIT: And here's Norse-Aztec France

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 28, 2019

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Hey, Kangxi, can we get some info on some of the tiny states in Europe? Thinking mainly about that small green country in control of Rhodes, the controller of Cyprus, the teal country in control of Lolland, and the controller of Mallorca and Minorca.

Also, is Venice still a Catholic republic or did they become some weird one-province kingdom?

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 29, 2019

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Diplomatic

We must maintain control of the Holy Tibetan Empire and that requires appeasing its many subjects.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

China’s collapse is the perfect opportunity...

for Mongolia to rise again!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Diplomatic Ideas

Parliament

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Mirdini posted:

It's a version of the historical mon of the Taira clan, which as Tulip noted is supposed to resemble a butterfly (more specifically, a swallowtail butterfly):

The variant used in the game is

Admittedly doesn't show up well in EU4's shield interface

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

B

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Personally, I think it's doubtful that the Europeans could have built these structures. They're far too sophisticated and ordered for such a poor and primitive region.

Are we sure we can't rule out aliens?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

[In the Assembly of the Elector-Kingdom of Tibet]

The Second Tse: death, death-.

Indra Byanjanakar: death, DEATH-.

Entire court [pounding tablets]: DEATH, DEATH, DEATH!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

habeasdorkus posted:

YOU FOOLS! THE REVENANT TSE WILL BE THE END OF US ALL!

e: OOC, Tse came back as a secret Buddhist, which she shared with Tsenmo Purgyal Pelmo II, but not the actual Empress who had her killed. Tsenmo Purgyal Pongza 'the Just' was a zealous, upright Bodpa Empress. So all the people voting for Tse are actually voting for secret Buddhism, not a "reform" of the Bon heirarchy.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

The time has come.

A) Recognize the Second Gyalyum

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Traitors say that Gyalyum has brought us ruin, but this is but a prelude to glorious conquest.

Soon, Tibet will be larger and grander than ever before. Tales of our deeds will be known from China to Cocomes.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Taoist Mysticism: Our armies must be unstoppable.

C. Become a Republic: I must applaud the reborn Tse for helping us achieve what no other ruler of Tibet has managed: Shattering the wheel.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 13, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Accept the Material and Meritocracy

Let's learn to live with the world in which we live.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Question 1: Power Structure

C. Noble Elite: Look, just because Gyalyum III herself turned out to be false doesn't mean we need to throw out the whole system. I quite like my princely estate and getting to help make decisions solely by virtue of my very big house.

Question 2: Republican Virtues

B. Political Dynasties: Those of us with the very big houses have a duty to care for the state. We cannot expect the pathetic masses to have any commitment to the state or its ideals.

Question 3: Frequency of Elections

C. Sortition: I'm of the belief that all nobles are created equal, endowed with certain unalienable rights, among them the right to rule the masses with an iron fist. Let's come together and respect that we are all equally capable of managing the affairs of state.

Question 4: Regionalism

B. Administrative Divisions: Frankly, I find this whole question absurd. The empire should be governed wholly by the center, but if I must pick, I might as well pick the least terrible.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

In these chaotic times, it is essential that we stake our claims in the firmest and clearest terms possible. Thus, to ensure that all understand us to be the true inheritors of Gyalyum and Tse's legacy, I propose we be reconstituted under the following terms:

Title: The REAL Sacred Tibetan Empire

Flag:

Weep, ye mighty, before the power of this flag that combines all symbols of our empire on one standard! Weep and despair!

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 19, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Three slightly more serious proposals:

The Single Knot

The Many Knots

The Snow Lion

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 21, 2020

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

As for names, I'd also like to seriously suggest the Heavenly Republic of Tibet, known more commonly as the Heavenly Republic.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

D

L

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Ah, yes, the Fourth Gyalyum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

East

Quantity

We must preserve our influence spread freedom over the Chinese states. Their leaders have become far too independent tyrannous.