Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

MaxieSatan posted:

First and foremost, our faith should be Hierocratic. Certainly, her Highness should still be permitted to administer individual temples and monasteries - as is traditional - but the aristocracy will function more smoothly if certain major duties are kept to the clergy, and if foreign realms should ever see the light, this would prevent troublesome wars over who gets to be in charge.

Second, I agree with the consensus that we should be Unyielding, seeking primarily to secure - and, where necessary, convert - our existing territory before engaging in further expansion.

Harmonious seems the best way to ensure a strong royal line, and to handle the theological challenges posed by Buddhism and the Chinese schools of thought. I'll also vote for Animistic - only through respecting the spirits and supernatural forces that shape the realm can we ensure that it is peaceful and prosperous!

I like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I like independant Aztec Sardinia and Rome. Do you ever get to learn about how the AI reforms religions? Presumably, they had the same options as we did when we reformed.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Leave her alone. Let her complete her crazy undead ritual.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B This is some ploy of hers to take our throne. If we kill her, she'll just resurrect herself to try again! Put her behind bars so that we can keep an eye on her.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Don't know the rules for Europa Universalis flags, but I made some for Abysinnia and Carinthia-

The lion is Vishnu as Narasimha, who destroys religious persecution.

I just googled for representations of Carinthia and copied and pasted the images.
Edit: Whoops. Made them too big. Resized now.

Buddhist Egypyt. White for purity, black for Egypt, blue for religiosity/the Nile, yellow for wealth.

Seal of Solomon which also happens to be tantric symbol.

Tawhid (Oneness of God) inside generic Buddhist frame. For a Mahayana Egyptian state I guess.

How many Buddhist Egyptian states are there? This is the fourth chakra (heart/balance) in red and white for death and life. Not sure if it's suitable but I'm having fun.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 28, 2019

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Christ these states are really quite silly! Is it possible to create breakaway states in EU4? Collapsing some of these larger realms (Tibet included!) should be a possibility.

I'd like to see the Bogomolist defender of Christendom in Carantania, I'm also curious about the "Kele-Koun Infantry".

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

For some Norse/Nahua country. Not sure about the colours.

I like Eleven Eleven's idea too. This timeline is really weird because from the offset there's absolute gender equality and you kind of wonder how certain cultures adapted to that, or how it came about within the confines of existing cultural structures, and what that actually looks like. I kind of like the Norse because they seem to be the only culture/religion going 'actually, men and women have predefined roles', which makes them a massive outlier in the world, and you can imagine how it came about like how Eleven Eleven suggested things. On our planet it would be like a reactionary revolution, but on this one, where gender equality is the norm everywhere, it's an absolutely novel philosophy, and represents a positive (in the sense of going forward) change. I kind of imagine it to be like the solidification of gender roles due to the increasingly influential scientific culture westerners experienced in the industrial era, and similarly these Norse people could argue that gender stratification is a sign of elightenment.
Ultimately, I know this is a silly game, but I can't help but think about things like that. :p

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I liked what Ofaloaf did with the Gothic LP where inbetween CKII and Total War(?) they created a little history which broke up a lot of things. We could do the same here,and create some reason for why Tibet broke up into little pieces?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
1. A
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. A
6. C
7. A
8. A
9. C
10.C
11. C

Armenian/Hindu Coloneia

Both Armenians and Hindus make use of the swastika and the colours red, white and black in conjunction. Hopefully I've avoided making this look too similar to another, similarly coloured national emblem.

Edit: Made two more, with a potentially less controversial design. Both have Lord Garuda, though it's a bit blurry.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 6, 2020

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Aristocratic
Let's show these other states why we hold the crown! (Or whatever Tibetans use to signify authority!)

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Aristocratic Ideas

Aristocratic Court

We can't let ourselves destabilise due to our royalty being killed in wars, or merely unsuitable persons inheriting the throne. We must defer more power to the people! Only the sensible ones though, with nice wigs and clothes.

Who are the people of the Far South East? What are they like?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Let's get the Nechung Oracle more involved in government, and while we're doing this whole religious revivalism, why not install a Theocracy (D)?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
CACC

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
"This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Sacred Tibetan Empire was neither sacred, nor Tibetan, nor an empire." - Punjabi dandy 'Volataara'

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Republicanism means anyone can now stab their way to the top!

North, Espionage

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

A

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

BA

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A Let the baby rule China!

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
C
I want to see what happens.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
After a few minutes on wikipedia and reading a single anthropological article (the one referenced on wikipedia), I came up with this idea for the Tsalagiyi Ayeli-
(in tan)
(in black)
(in white)

Which has a red circle representing fire, or the sun, in the middle, which seems to have had some significance in early Cherokee societies. The spider is from a modern Cherokee myth about the water spider bringing fire from the sun. The starburst seems to be a common pattern in artwork, and in this case represents the people of Tsalagiyi Ayeli, being born from, or becoming human from the centre of the fire and the firebringer. The two other circles are just because I thought the sides were missing something.

I kind of imagined this society as one in which either the priestly caste (which may or may not have existed in reality) managed to solidify their power, and they could be represented as the spider, as bringers of knowledge from the spiritual world.

I'll try for the other governments later. What does a "generic" flag mean?

Edit:
Communist Flag:

All the triangles are (more or less) the same size and fit into each other.

Fascist Flag:

The seven pointed star seems more exclusive in a world where the Cherokee comprises of loads of tribes.

Republic:

Tricolour based off the modern flag, and the bottom band is blue to represent religion, which I would still imagine to be important in an ex-theocratic nation.

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 14, 2021

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Punjab
Monarchy

The mule of the Queen of the World carries the trishula, symbolising the monarchy.

Fascist

A stylised lotus in the style of the old Indus script (fascists co-opting old symbols) with five petals for the river. Not sure about the colours.

Republic

Tricolour with yungdrung.

Communist

Unadorned halo or tractor eminating halo.

Edit: Did some more, but didn't want to interrupt the vote.

Majapahit

Monarchy

Fascist

Galloping red cattle of Ushas coming to bring the dawn.

Communist

I imagined during the revolution they took the old red flag and covered it simply. The text is supposed to say "folk" in Kawi, which is a script which isn't used anymore, so it is certainly wrong.

Edit2:

This one is probably more accurate, but still definitely wrong.

Republic

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 27, 2021

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
B

Landholders own the land, why should anybody else decide how it is used?

Power should be devolved so that it can be better governed by those with affiliation to it.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Ethiopia:
Monarchy

Republic

Communist

Fascist

Really uninspired flags considering Ethiopia's cool history in this world. The fascist flags all reflect the final incarnation of Vishnu cleansing the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I think it's a front for some illegal trading shenanigans on the border. The factories look profitable to me.

idhrendur posted:

That was a less harsh peace than expected. Also, running a deficit is not a bad thing if you can keep expanding your economy to match.

I'm not the best Vicky player, but at this point I would be very worried. Interest will start piling up quickly.