Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Dang. I missed the vote. Not that it would've changed much other than plop another tick on Bloodthirsty Gods since all of my other choices were the top ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

This is why we needed the Bloodthirsty Gods facet—so we could become even more of a monster in the dueling ring. Also because sacrificing people is fun and gives us some pretty sweet stat bonuses.

Any Personal Combat scores sub eighty (or really, sub ninety) are rookie numbers.

With the sacrificing we've been doing before, it would've seemed fitting to take Bloodthirsty Gods an integrate it into our system.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I hope the great Warrior Queen finds some adequate disciples to bestow her own martial wisdom and experience. Alternatively Tse bestows her knowledge of diplomacy to a devout young scholar.

Edit: The biggest shame is that they didn't adopt a child or more and teach them both the Queen's martial skill and the High Priestess's diplomatic skill

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 19, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tse probably channeled more than a bit of her wife.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I predict this Chinese princess is gonna inherit the will of Gyalyum

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Until the revenant ghost of Tse murders her.

Don't you mean Possess her?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pacho posted:

If we have any say in the set up for EU4, I propose that instead of a monolithic and huge Inca Empire we get a loose confederacy of kingdoms, like the HRE. In our timeline the Incas were most likely aymara (there's a theory that the ruling houses -panacas- spoke an aymaran language between them) lording over a vast, recently conquered/vassalized quechua and aymara territory. For this scenario we can have that the eurasian plague still wrecks Cusco and gives the regional powers more autonomy. I think this will give the are more dinamism, variety and intercontinental colonial situations. Also, if we are playing with the Sunset Invasion notion, please, let's have Naylamp as a leader of an advanced polynesian empire https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naylamp

What would be more interesting a Mayan conquest of Polynesia or a Polynesian conquest of South America? Or Both?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
B

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
A Why would we ever chose the boring option?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ferrovanadium posted:

So is Catholicism just slowly devolving into a cannibal cult...?

The cannibalistic corpse of Catholicism.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
No. Not yet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Showing how close the vote was really spurred a push by the No faction it looks like

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Tse could've prevented this :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Traits: Brilliant Strategist, Genius, Strong, Uncouth, Craven, Stubborn, Cruel, Zealous, Erudite, Deceitful, Patient, Lustful and Possessed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The time is Now. YES

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

i81icu812 posted:

Love how Asia is rapidly dividing into megablobs, China/Mongolia/Tibet + Timor

Did we finally find out what flavor of Judaism is the right one?

The China-Tibet Megablob will be something, but I'd wager the space unseen on the CK2 map is either a mess or more blobs courtesy of the preoccupation of the Chinese with Tibet and the Mongols.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
the Americas are gonna be wild though. I hope Australia is already colonized by the Inca or Maya or something or they were invaded by some Polynesian group who also decided to follow the Sun

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kangxi posted:

I will have votes on potential outcomes for the rest of the world.

I will also need flags.

What kind of flags?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Obviously, we should take a look at the leader of the Jerusalem Raj in honor of the Legislative LP going on atm.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My personal interests are Iceland, Sapmi, and Portugal. The Bulgarian Company is in an interesting place too.

Who's controlling those isles North of the British Isles?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

As far as giving Tibet vassals goes, that'd be an idea except the arc of the last couple of rulers was the increasing centralization of power.

I'd honestly go so far as to say gently caress it, leave us as we are and just let us have periodic blob nightmare wars with the Chinese-Tibetans.

There are already two giant blobs on the map sitting right next to each other, with a few smaller blobs that we know of. Three of them: the two in Africa and China, are basically of indeterminate size and could theoretically be bigger than what we'd assume.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Snipee posted:

Perhaps we could create another major schism within the Bon faith to make religious conflict in Tibet even more crippling? I’m not sure what’s the best way to make sure that we don’t steamroll everyone besides various events to encourage revolts and regular hellwars against China.

A new Bon Reformation ala the Protestant one would wreak havoc in Tibet and Mongolia. Giving Mongolia something to match Tibet economically would also do a lot to keep us in check (unless we team up to eat the rest of Eurasia and the world)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
1 - B
2 - A
3 - A
4 - C
5 - C
6 - A
7 - C
8 - B
9 - C
10 - C
11 - C

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

Question, is the Far West Europe and the Southwest Africa?

:iiam:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tulip posted:

I spent my new years with somebody I'd never met doing an unsolicited rune and tarot reading on me between shots, so I'm feeling augury-friendly.

I need to know more augurs irl

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HereticMIND posted:

...wait, is this one of those exams where ALL choices are the wrong answer?

There's no right answer. There's no wrong answer. Whether they're good or bad is a mystery though. :unsmigghh:

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 2, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I have a preliminary tally done, but in the interest of not tilting the vote, I wont reveal the tabulations (you can do the work if you want). Instead, I'll give out some useless bits.

Popularity: C appears most on answers. Not by more than 10 though.

Unpopularity: The least popular answer is behind the middle one by more than 10 though. The gap between the largest and the smallest is not more than 20.

Dead Heats: There's currently 3 ties, but only one is nominally relevant.

ACAB: One person did ACAB other than the person who did only ACAB

Favorite Letter: 7 was the highest number of one letter in a single person's answer set

Button Mashing: 5 was the largest amount in a row of a single letter. They didn't belong to the above person.

Unoriginality: 4 people have the same set of responses.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kangxi posted:

At my current count, we have two ties, and two more within two votes.

With the amount of entries and such, there's likely a possibility for error somewhere in someone's data so comparing notes will probably be helpful. I have 39 entries with the latest posts and only one tie for first with one other w/i 2 votes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Congrats on being number 50

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Some more dumb statistics since the vote is over
(note: I think I literally one question off from Kangxi's results, but it affects nothing. There's an A in my results in Q5 that should be a C but idk where it is and gently caress looking for it.

Gross favoritism:
Here's the gross totals of A/B/C choices:
A - 196
B - 167
C - 198
(should be 195/199 instead)
C was pretty much the favorite response of everyone except for very early on and for a period of 5 votes near the end.

Efficiency:
Counting the tie for each response, A won 5 times with an average of 39.2 votes per victory. C won the same amount, but needed 39.6 votes per victory. B won thrice with 55.7 votes per victory making it a failure in multiple ways.

Unquestionable:
Q5 had the largest gap between 1st and 3rd with a 29 person difference (should be 28). Q5 also had the largest gap between 1st and 2nd. As the vote progressed, Q5 flew ahead early and never stopped.

Highly Contentious:
Otoh, Q3 was always in a tight race and the biggest gap was 3 points between. There were 8 points throughout the vote where they were in a 3-way tie.

Less contentious:
Besides the Tie, Q1 had its 1st and 2nd choices off by 1 vote
Q6, 9, and 11 were next closest with a 2 vote difference. Q9 and Q11's choices were all 2 votes apart from each other while Q6 was more a two way race between B and C.

Personal Biases:
Two people picked the same letter 7 times. One of those was for B, one was for A.12 people picked the same letter 6 times. Everyone voted for every letter at least once

Who to blame?
Throughout the vote, there were a number of two way ties, but the very end eliminated all of them and restored the 3 way tie. Chatrapti broke a tie for Q1 but restored the 3 way tie.

If there's any dumb stats things people want to ask, I can try to answer it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

Could also include Korea and Manchuria. Should be fun. :unsmigghh:

I was not great at picking winners. Only 5 out of the 11.

Gonna turn out the Ainu defeated the Yamato and then invaded the Korean Peninsula and are in the middle of trying to square their circle of conquest through Sakhalin to claim all territory around the Sea of Japan

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Technowolf posted:

There's another Pacific island that we dare not, yet must, contemplate.

Island? Why not an entire continent?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I did just discover a mod where you can play in Japan but there's likely issues with it and idk what years it runs though. Also no Korea.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kangxi posted:

11 - THE OTHER WORLD - SOUTH
A(17) -The Dried-Up Tree - proclaimed by the messenger of the demon Mara.
B(19) -The White Conch - thoughts renowned like a pleasing tune.
C(15) -The Jeweled-Banner of Victory - the jeweled banner of victory is hoisted.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So now that things are starting to get into gear, what did all of the voting mean?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm mostly curious what the alternatives would have been.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It is sometimes said that less is more, but for the great Tibet, the land of plenty, more is more. Quantity

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'll root for Min. Not because they have Hong Kong that big island I apparently thought was Hong Kong, but because I'm some amount of Min Nan based on the Chinese my dad speaks (Fujianese/Hokkien) so I feel compelled to root for my roots.

Edit: I'm dumb

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 25, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Turns out I don't know my Chinese geography all that well and always thought that big island was Hong Kong and not some place I hadn't really heard of before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Reiterating my vote for Quantity Ideas. Greatness depends on what the empire can generate and provide and more of each will ensure Tibet continues even if the most incompetent of rulers sits upon the throne.

The people should be heard, but to hand them the reigns of power would be ill-advised. Letting them all be heard and not just the nobles or the priests or the common rabble, is necessary. But ultimately, the power should remain in the hands of the line that have steered Tibet for centuries, but having the people be present in their satisfaction or in their rage may at least make the King or Queen a more direct awareness of their moods. General Estates

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 18, 2020