Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Quality

Parliament

What is known about the Taira and Korea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
The Taira appear to have calmed down considerably, although I wonder what the Tale of Heike would be like in this timeline, or would it be the Tale of Genji and be about the fall of the Minamoto. Did the Taira usurp or marry into the Japanese Imperial line? I see they're ruled by a queen, I don't play much EU4 but is kingdom generic or are they using the Shogun government?

Buddhists live really long in this timeline, 117 years!

Korea is rebuilding the Balhae borders, they could be a serious contender for unifying China if this keeps up, which would really shake things up, or they could go east into the Other World.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Thanks for the event screenshot, that let me hunt it down on the wiki. That event fires when a Daimyo takes Kyoto and becomes the new Shogun, so Toku I is the Shogun and the Japanese imperial dynasty is still technically in charge, which means the queen title is just generic to kingdom tier nations.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

Reveilled posted:

I think it’s more likely that the title is indicative of a change in status, something has happened somewhere that has pushed the country out of the special Japanese mechanics. Possibly an event or a government reform that isn’t blocked off properly from being switched to by daimyo/shoguns. I think the Taira are just a regular kingdom now.

I think you're right actually, I looked up how to change away from the Shogun/Daimyo government and the only way to do that is to either form Japan, which would change the tag from Taira to Japan, or have an estate disaster force a government change. Since the Taira haven't changed tag and are led by a queen they had to have had a disaster force them to change government.

Which means the Imperial Dynasty might or might not be around, depending on if in story the Taira marry into the Imperial dynasty or make a new one.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
EU4 has a kill counter at the end of wars right? Can we get a shot of that when all these civilized and peaceful discussions between the Sacred Hierachy and these protesters are over?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

B

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Mighty Rome forgotten...

The Europe map is a stark reminder of how Europe got hit hard in this timeline.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
If I'm reading the religion map right I think Mecca is Yazidi so the Kaaba is probably ok. If I'm not, Hinduism is a very adaptive religion and I think the Kaaba would still be kept around.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
So we have Maori conquering Australia and pirates wiping out the Han, maritime politics are going to be complicated ITL.

What has the spread of institutions been like in game? The impression I've gotten is that aside from Europe and parts of Africa, the rest of the world is relatively equal in terms of development or tech.

zealouscub fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jul 18, 2020

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

B

Parliament with an absolute monarch? What could possibly go wrong?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Colonized Europe could lead to some interesting states forming. Anatolia is pushing for a Byzantium restoration.

I'm excited to see what the New World will eventually look like.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

Kangxi posted:

I was asked on one of the Paradox games discords to provide a map, so here is the Eastern Hemisphere in 1579.

The Taira need to clean up Japan's borders and I don't know who, but somebody needs to clean up the messes in Persia and Central Asia.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

Kangxi posted:

Stab hit when she took the throne, stab hit when the nobles revolted, stab hit during the 'insanity of Gyalyum II' event.

Modded to make things worse, basically.

I'll be working on a State of the World update for 1600 soon, anything you want me to point out?

I love the smell of ash in the morning, makes for great history.

As for the state of the world, an update on the Americas/whatever they are called ITTL and an update on the Taira/Japan.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Taoist Mysticism, let us all refines ourselves until we can became one with heaven.

Republic, perhaps there are more reincarnations waiting among us? The righteous Lasya might even return and lead us to greater glory. A republic would better let these righteous stars ascend to prominence.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Man that was bloody and amazing! A lot of death and devastation, the new republic will have it's work cut out for it. I don't the immortal reincarnations reappearing will ever end well.

Also at the top there I think you might be missing a screenshot or two.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
One Thousand Dmyal Ba Realms, and Meritocracy.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
A
C
C
B

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Rapid spitballing of names is a go:

The Tibetan Freehold, The Sublime State of Tibet, The Harmonious Republic of Heaven/Tibet, The Republic of Tazig

I feel that it would only be appropriate for the Tibetan Republic to have a grandiose name which I tried to come up with.

For the flag, I am not an artist, but since the Republic decision is basically a culmination of the Middle Factions repeated wins I'd say we should incorporate their emblem into the flag:

Should we stay or should we go?

Leave.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Heavenly Republic of Tibet sounds nice, rolls off the tongue well.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Flag D

Name L

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
I like how sortition is working, it's one of those crazy ideas I wish we had more records of.

Also the writing for this was really cool.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
North, Quantityy

The Tarim Basin was Tibets once, it should be Tibet's again.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
A Parliament! Democracy! Votes!

Also good god that Ghana(?). And that mess in Central Asia, somebody needs to unify all those states.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Checking if students can see the map, video game music, oh god is this a Zoom call reference?

Now I am trying to think about what part of history would be the most confusing/difficult to teach in this timeline? The collapse of Europe? Cannibal Popes? Lasya's conquest of China and the Purgyal betrayal? Or something we haven't even seen in the LP yet?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

B. Devolution

I see that someone already beat me to the Taira update, that's what happens when you lose power.

What is going on in not-California in not-North America, does the New World have a name for each continent I am forgetting?

What is the situation in the far-West (Europe)? Who are the premier powers there?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Every time I see Europe in this timeline I am astounded at how hard it got hit. Ixachitlān and Cemānāhuac, I'll have to remember those for next time.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
This was a bit meta in the best of ways.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
More delegation

Humanist

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
The usual Taira update, along with Dine and Iréchecua Tzintzuntzáni in not-California in Cemānāhuac (North America). What language should I use for finding the name for California in this timeline, Navajo? Nahuatl?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

B - Moral Principles
B - The Tarim Basin,
it was Tibet's once and should be Tibet's again.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Well that escalated quickly, if Tibet is to be the new Celestial Empire there will be a lot of border cleaning to be done in China.

Also looking at the Blood in the Bosphorus timeline and what's happening in Anatolia is hilarious, I wonder how far the Revolutions will spread.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
C

Usual Japan and not-California update along with what that Orang/Tan blob in the East Coast and Western Europe is.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
I'm not much of an EU4 player but this looks bad, almost like we're in for another long century of conflict.

Assuming we have a century left, I think EU4 ends 1835? Or if Kangxi ends it sooner to help with the conversion.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Is there a limit to how many religions can be harmonized with Confucianism in EU4?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
A

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
That chapter was amazing, especially the ambassador and Empress at the end.

For world update the usual not-California and Japan from me. Does that pink mean Japan's gone to pirates? Please tell me they have the Pirate Republic government type.

What would it take to dismantle the Sacred Empire? Is that feasible.

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
I haven't played EU4 in forever, but development is a thing right? Which nations are the most developed as things stand?

Also has anyone started building Manufactories or has coal been activated or started to be used?

And a last mechanical question, so since Tibet has the Celestial Empire government as I understand things, are we in danger of a Mingsplosion, er Tibetsplosion?

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020

Kangxi posted:

We are at risk of all the disasters (through the disaster mechanic) that are available to the Emperor of China total, as well as the "Aspiration for Liberty" disaster.

Oh my...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
Man this has been a wild ride, here's to hoping the Tibetan Republic can hold itself (and its very wealthy Chinese provinces) together long enough to spread the Revolution far and wide.