Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Wait, Caliph Gilbert? Who's his vizier, Sullivan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Okay, how does everyone in Asia know who are the other crypto Buddhists without triggering their suspicious and zealous neighbors?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Oh no, not Caliph Gilbert :ohdear:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

i81icu812 posted:

A very literal interpretation of the communion sacrament
When transubstantiation is just not real enough

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Gyalyum didn't have Mittens, the bestest cat in Tibet.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Probably going to be outvoted but No.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

"Archaeologists excavating around hill three have discovered human remains, along with potsherds, cookware, butchered livestock and ashes. There is some speculation that the hypothesized 'Latins' may have buried their deceased with grave goods and this may be the resting place of their support staff so that they may continue their duties to the ruling class in the afterlife. The more troubling assertion among a minority of scholars is that they've discovered a midden pile for the discarding of kitchen waste."

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Technowolf posted:

Impressive, considering that the Amhara people are an Cushitic group native to northern Ethiopia.
Not as impressive as the Turks who may have migrated from as far as the steppes of western China to conquer and settle the same area, in our reality.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Well, someone has to rule China, right?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What that a thematic choice, or is that because you're China, thus you get the EU4 China Experience™ including its janky court mechanics?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's hilarious to me that this giant ungainly amalgamation of various seething religions, ethnicities, regional loyalties, ideologies, etc., overthrew an empress and decided to stay together as a republic.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Kangxi posted:

Give it some time
"What do we want!?"
"FREEDOM FROM THE FOREIGNERS!"
"When do we want it!?"
"AFTER THE DISSOLUTION OF THE IMPERIAL MONARCHY TO BE REPLACED BY A REPUBLIC AND A PLEBISCITE DETERMINING THE DEGREE OF CENTRALIZATION!"

-- rallying cry of the Han Freedom Revolutionary Group, circa 1755

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Vicky 3 is only just announced right? We don't even have a release date. Go for it on Vicky2, the point of this thread is the storytelling, not fiddling with complex under-the-hood economics calculations. V2 does a perfectly fine job of showing how the world changes in the face of mass migration, revolutions (though there's been plenty of that already!), industrialization and nationalism.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

E

No.

(Also excellent homage to SMAC; broken tag around chhaang)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Or we haven't tried enough militarism to solve our problems, have you considered that???!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Until somehow in V2 a OPM corners the supply of money and causes the world economy to enter a deathspiral.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

If Tibet falls because of the thread's hubris, then that would be a narrative I'd read.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Take as much time you need and if it's not the project you want to do, CK/EU is a good run and plenty of entertainment as it is.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Now all the various party votes in the thread can become interest groups in V3 and that will be horrifying to play through fascinating to watch!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It'll be true to our history, at least.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Presumably there's no Victoria to bestow her name on the era, so what would the historians of this world call this time of revolutions and trains?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Tibet's rear end has been kicked so there's no trying here. The real question is how much of Tibet gets eaten in the process.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

The only reason it didn't build a clipper factroy is the lack of docks, but the AI surely tried.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Tibet didn't guillotine enough nobles. Or behead them with the appropriately named device for this timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

A nation that claims it cannot afford to feed its poor has no right to embark on a senselessly expensive project to build a brand new edifice for its elite.