Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump will bring about a highly competent and suffocating authoritarian government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

steve bannon will be the chief architect of white house policy for the entirety of trump's presidency

TrilliontonNixon posted:

That the Obama presidency would actually leave a lasting mark on American politics.

Even now I still can't believe how quickly Obama's legacy went up in smoke.
i stopped thinking that Obama would be the new FDR a couple years in. i went into it wanting him to do another New Deal. at the time he got elected i certainly thought that's what he should do

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

making extremely hamfisted justifications for why a movie, tv show, comic book, etc. is good politics with no basis in reality only appeal to Something Awful and other websites and internet forums catering to stunted manchildren

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Over Easy posted:

oh poo poo, this is the truest thing in the thread
sort of, it was obvious this was a line of bullshit well before 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thinkpiece writers will focus on actual worthwhile issues now that there's something to visibly fight against

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

evangelicals care at least somewhat about a politician's religious sincerity and don't need to be brought in front of a new Inquisition

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Krazyface posted:

Texas and Georgia are gonna be purple states!!
weirdly, texas was the only state where any shred of electoral good news came for democrats in 2016. it went Trump but not as much as other states, and state-level Dems actually gained seats in the lower house. they chipped at the majority even further last year. this is in spite of the fact that the state party is still a dysfunctional mess

oddly enough, i actually have an ounce of faith in Texas. not Georgia though, they're hosed. squidbillies is an accurate depiction of that state

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm glad that nate silver segued from permanently ruining baseball discourse with his stat nerd bullshit to using his powers of pedantry for something that serves a purpose

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

related to that: before 2016, i thought NPR was bland and inoffensive enough with their liberalism that i could listen to them with no real complaints. i still like the local NYC politics show but other than that, it's as sensationalist and airheaded as any other lib outlet

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

you think thats bad? i thought joe biden would be better than her, lmao
i certainly thought he had a better chance of winning, and i can still see him winning this one if he doesn't strike out again in the primary. we joke about libs wanting a return to normalcy but a lot of people actually do want that and don't want to feel like they have to sacrifice much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

outrage is a finite resource

americans have the collective political memory of a gnat