Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
better things aren't possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Clinton gets a bum rap because she's awkward and lacks charisma, but she's ultimately pretty competent and surrounding herself with technocrats smarter than me

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
oh sure he's off to an early lead tonight, but it'll be just like 2012 and as soon as they start counting the safe states and florida tips, it'll be mathematically impossible for Trump to win

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Better things ARE possible.

I hope you were correcting me, and not saying you've gone blackpill, friend.
We can materially make the world better for those around us, even if it's too late to stop the economic and ecological apocalypse we can still be kind to fellow humans. It's also not too late to turn on our oppressors, even if it just means their luxury bunkers' air vents are cemented over.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Hillary Clinton never owned borrowed slaves

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Look, Hillary isn't my first pick, hell if you want to see a qualified woman candidate I'd gladly vote for in a heartbeat take a look at Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren, but she's the best we've got in the actual race.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
alex jones will never have a white house press pass

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Soap Scum posted:

"NPR is a worthwhile media outlet"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

christmas boots posted:

bugman was true to his word

also nate was just as wrong as all the others, he just loving weaseled out by pretending to be 'less certain'. He's not even the dude on 'the price is right' guessing 1 dollar too high -he's the dude who still guessed very wrong but hemmed and hawed about his answer, so he could say "I KNEW IT!" afterwards

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jewel Repetition posted:

When you're dealing with statistical probabilities the thing that is more likely to happen does not happen 100% of the time
exactly, just saying "I'm 76% sure of <thing> happening (and no I won't show my work)" doesn't mean he's any less wrong or more right than the folks calling it at 98% or 99% or whatever. Since it could've just as easily been that 1-2% chance that happened. Especially since it's not like we're gonna reproduce 2016 to test the math
hell we could probably go into a huge derail about him being a hack but I think too many threads have done that already

ikanreed posted:

It was indeed like that. But I also know nagging doubts had plagued me for years before.
yeah it went from "I'm skipping a few really dumb shows like marketplace," to realizing almost all of it was garbage. Science Friday is at least still cool, and half of Fresh Air's interviews are interesting, even if incredibly focused on liberal sensibilities and tastes.
The thing I really noticed from 2014-2016 was how much everyone at NPR was huffing eachother's farts, when a topic or guest that wasn't related to some huge mainstream news event would be on the circuit of every show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Coolness Averted posted:

Especially since it's not like we're gonna reproduce 2016 to test the math