Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
for some reason i chose ann and yukiko even though theyre basially the same style of character too .. dunno whether to drop ann. i want to use p5 makoto but she doesnt seem that useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Haru is a beast. I basically carry bind arts+ and salomes kiss onto anything that can learn it so I have like 3 demons with that setup right now. Same with heroic gemini, that poo poo is insane when it procs off a hassou tobi

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
youre a little further in the game than me i think .. im still on floor 1 (2? 4? well whatever theres all those tree st,[s and poo poo) of dungeon 4 .. still abut 30somethingish here. but i got a demon set up lke yours asap cos binds are like literally win or lose in EO

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm in the 5th labyrinth now and finally feel a little safe walking around. Game is just right on the difficulty imo. Kamoshidaman is still the hardest fight in the game by far but that's cos of your limitations at the time.

Also not really a spoiler but stuff like Swordbreaker/Axe deflection get a huge upgrade as long as you keep clearing tickets. Aigis is nearly indestructible and P3MC is a magical glass cannon :D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ty for tips .. i might replace ann with aigis actually

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Honestly the only dead weight on my team is Joker, lol. He's a decent support character but he's never been a big presence on my team. I only have him there cos it feels thematically wrong not to.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i dropped him quick .. i could smell the fail from miles away. my MC is the p4 one, since hes the noblest of them all. i guess u need him in your party for the optional bosses anyway so its worth training him ????

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There are special tickets that require a main character to be in your party, each MC has one of these quests. They aren't difficult and you'll have plenty of growth incense by then to bring them up to speed. Once you complete the special ticket a 2nd boss fight unlocks which is more difficult but doesn't require any special team setup.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I keep all 25 characters at the same level b/c I just know there will eventually be a big boss fight that requires three teams of five each. This is an atlus game after all

It's a lot of work and I don't get to play favorites. Am I doing it wrong? :thunk:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

prepuce repurposed posted:

I keep all 25 characters at the same level b/c I just know there will eventually be a big boss fight that requires three teams of five each. This is an atlus game after all

It's a lot of work and I don't get to play favorites. Am I doing it wrong? :thunk:

probably. im nearly done but i havent needed to use anyone outside of my own party except for the mcs (p3 blue hair, p3 girl, p4, joker) and theres a few items that bring people right up to your current max lvl if i ever have to. you dont even need to bring the suggested people along for the sidequests

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

prepuce repurposed posted:

Yes bc that's loving stupid. Read the post literally above yours. Thank you.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
picked this up after getting skilled checked by kamishida for a month and finally looking up what the trick was

the second dungeon seems like it's going to be a cool theme only on the second floor tho

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Honestly the only dead weight on my team is Joker, lol. He's a decent support character but he's never been a big presence on my team. I only have him there cos it feels thematically wrong not to.

this is also how I feel but I use the p3p Mc as well and she shines especially in fights like kamoshida

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i killed both the carrots first and he went super saiyan but i won anyway cos i got some binds to land. i guess youre not meant to

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I.N.R.I posted:

i killed both the carrots first and he went super saiyan but i won anyway cos i got some binds to land. i guess youre not meant to

Yea I tried that a bunch of times, the strategy that worked was to poison him and let it almost kill him then kill the last carrot

A good boss

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just killed the carrots and kept him staggered with fire afterwards. As long as you don't do the all out attack he won't be able to swap/protect his weakness. This strat saved my rear end more than a few times in the game, especially in certain random encounters.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh i thought they were able to act after recovering in the same turn

it seemed that way with random mobs but maybe i was not paying close enough attention. good tip thanks

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my bad if this is answered somewhere itt but is wild lvl based on any of the Mcs lvl or is it just p5 guy?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hubris.height posted:

my bad if this is answered somewhere itt but is wild lvl based on any of the Mcs lvl or is it just p5 guy?

highest character level i think. doesnt even need to be an mc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Nice thx p5 Mc is like dead weight rn