Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Popete posted:

Can I interest you in a small investment into Star Citizen?
I don't know man I'm gonna need some pngs of spaceships in order to consider buying, jpegs just won't cut it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ryoga posted:

It's me, I'm the one who was always excited for EA conferences to announce the next Need for Speed. A shame that they seem to have let that series die out.

I lost hope for another classic Burnout after that whole team left. I wanted something like Revenge and not the open world stuff

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dangerous Driving is made a bunch of ex-Criterion guys who worked on the original burnout games. I think it's Epic Store only right now though

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

eonwe posted:

i would really like to play Jedi Knight III

:same:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is Microsoft gonna do a Xbox 4?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Xbox 1 Two

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Popete posted:

Can I interest you in a small investment into Star Citizen?

I'm assuming the Star Citizen devs will dip their toe into publishing eventually.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm realizing Rocksteady not being at E3 doesn't mean a whole lot, Microsoft can just show a trailer for their new game at their event, Rocksteady doesn't have to be in person to press play on a video

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Codeacious posted:

How much time will EA spend on Anthem

I'm guessing 2 minutes of "we care!" followed by a 30 second trailer of cosmetics

"Several years ago we were given an opportunity: to make Monster Hunter World but with Iron Man. We were told it was impossible to screw this up, that it was a license to print money and nobody could fumble this. We said... challenge accepted!"

eonwe posted:

i would really like to play Jedi Knight III

"We've heard you, we've listened, and we're proud to announce Jedi Knight III.... the Mobile MOBA!"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they'll probably put Anthem in the EA Access program for all users.. they're also supposed to be launching EA Access on PS4 in July and I bet Anthem will show up there too

so that they can inflate their player numbers

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Instead of another console for people to waste money on, Microsoft has a different message for gamers this year:

Maybe they'll take the hint? Probably reeks of ozone though.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Jerusalem posted:

"We've heard you, we've listened, and we're proud to announce Jedi Knight III.... the Mobile MOBA!"

I mean, don't you guys have phones?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tomorrow

pokemon

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gently caress yes

https://mobile.twitter.com/THQNordic/status/1136271457988808704

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Death Stranding and Pokemon won E3 before it even began.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I am legit hyped about this, BfBB was dope as hell

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Jerusalem posted:

"Several years ago we were given an opportunity: to make Monster Hunter World but with Iron Man. We were told it was impossible to screw this up, that it was a license to print money and nobody could fumble this. We said... challenge accepted!"

The only reason that Anthem had flying bits was because Bioware was demoing the game to a EA Executive and after seeing the demo he wanted something cool like flying added to the game. Turns out the map was designed with walking in mind and is actually a better (relative) game if played without flying.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Policenaut posted:

It's a little crude (ignoring mobile and such) but I've enjoyed this image a lot in the past.

Didn't EA announce that like six star wars games were in development at E3 2015/6

I know the viceral one was gutted, what happend to all the other non-battelfronts?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Psychedelicatessen posted:

Didn't EA announce that like six star wars games were in development at E3 2015/6

I know the viceral one was gutted, what happend to all the other non-battelfronts?

they were probably including phone games

Orv
May 4, 2011
I believe it was just two for sure and they made a lot of noise about "We're gonna make more we swear."

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

BexGu posted:

The only reason that Anthem had flying bits was because Bioware was demoing the game to a EA Executive and after seeing the demo he wanted something cool like flying added to the game. Turns out the map was designed with walking in mind and is actually a better (relative) game if played without flying.

That's wild lmao

Imagine designing all those Iron Man suits and then it takes an exec to finally say "hey maybe they should fly"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Codeacious posted:

That's wild lmao

Imagine designing all those Iron Man suits and then it takes an exec to finally say "hey maybe they should fly"

the iron man suits might've come afterward

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's an even more shockingly convoluted than that, although the gist of it ends up being pretty much the same. bioware had no loving direction with what they were doing so flying was in from the get-go, but they kept taking it out, or completely changing how it worked, or only let one specific suit do it. finally they decided to axe it completely because it kept wrecking the map design/flow of the game. however, when an exec was about to demo the work in progress they realized they practically had nothing to show him, so they crammed the flight mechanic back in to try and wow him as much as possible to keep the plug from getting pulled on the project. pretty much the only thing the exec liked about the demo was the flight mechanic, so they had to reimplement it from the ground up. kafka himself could not have designed a more nightmarish scenario.

you should read kotaku's post mortem on the thing (they did a great one on andromeda too), it's a fantastic journey: https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cowcaster posted:

pretty much the only thing the exec liked about the demo was the flight mechanic,
Hell, same.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Codeacious posted:

That's wild lmao

There is like a whole world that was designed and created and people just fly over it now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ba8ed3/grounding_anthem_i_now_understand_why_flight_was/

Bioware is dead, I hope we get to see how much of a poo poo show Dragons Age 4 is now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I don't think this has been posted for some reason but.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Important E3 information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEvLk5gG_UA

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I realized today I want nintendo to do mario galaxy 1, 2, and 3d world on switch.

thanks in advance.

also I really want to see some loving cyberpunk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
another thing I want

a surprise MMO

which won't happen

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eonwe posted:

another thing I want

a surprise MMO

which won't happen

animal crossing mmo

Orv
May 4, 2011
Shroud of the Avatar 2!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

eonwe posted:

another thing I want

a surprise MMO

which won't happen

Weren't people talking about a new Fable?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Does a destiny-like count as an MMO?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

an actual dog posted:

Does a destiny-like count as an MMO?

I don't usually think of them as MMOs, but I guess some people do. What destiny like is happening?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if destiny is an mmo then diablo is an mmo and that's obviously hot nonsense

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Brother Entropy posted:

if destiny is an mmo then diablo is an mmo and that's obviously hot nonsense

That doesn't follow at all. Diablo at least has an offline mode

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

eonwe posted:

I don't usually think of them as MMOs, but I guess some people do. What destiny like is happening?

Anthem was supposed to be a destiny-like. The new Avengers game is supposedly following the same action-game-as-a-service model.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

eonwe posted:

I realized today I want nintendo to do mario galaxy 1, 2, and 3d world on switch.

thanks in advance.

also I really want to see some loving cyberpunk

They should do Super Mario 3D All Stars and include Sunshine (and 64 because gently caress it)

Holding out for the longshot Super Mario RPG HD remake announcement to coincide with Geno for Smash (but it'll probably be Banjo Kazooie because Microsoft is getting along well with Nintendo atm)

Rare Replay for Switch :nyoron:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

haveblue posted:

Anthem was supposed to be a destiny-like. The new Avengers game is supposedly following the same action-game-as-a-service model.

I wonder how they're gonna handle character creation. Is it gonna be like, you design your own SHIELD agent and then choose whether it has Hulk powers, Captain American powers, a Iron Man suit, a bow and arrow, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i bet you just have guns and it's literally just The Division but superheroes are flying around in the sky