Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##sign up as Poopsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

For the duration of this game, I will communicate only in cat memes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Seeing as how I'm the Driver

##vote Mr. Humalong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Mr. Humalong

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmj2b28oBnM

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Welcome, everyone, I've invited you all here today for a reason. Not a single one of you has even attempted to bribe me with caviar. As a professional evil-looking cat, I hold myself to the highest standards, and none of you are worth of slowly stroking me while you monologue. So, it is with a heavy heart that I state that I must join the investigation on the side of the law.

Infinitum posted:

Honestly can't decide which is going to be more annoying.
The roleplaying or the cat memes.

Cat memes temporarily get a pass because cats.
I was going to reply to this last night but couldn't find the right meme, so I went to bed.

GeneX posted:

##vote inf
This is harmless, mostly, in context. A sassy voteback for complaining about jokephase.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'm due to get a 24h probe according to cyrano so im gonna drop my roleplaying to say this post sucks and i hate it ##vote infinitum
This pings me, but I'll come back to that.

b-minus1 posted:

##vote infi time to murder
This feels bandwagon-y.

Infinitum posted:

Lotta scummy votes on this page, that's for damnnnnnnn sure.

"Yeah I'm gonna be gone for a day, so I'm just going to lock a vote in on someone, this is a super town mindset."
I don't know how to feel about this. Pushing back against suddenly being at -2, sure, everyone would do that, but there's 36 hours left until deadline, OMG could get probed and come back well in time for it. Here's the problem for me: He's not wrong.

OMG's post really is weird, for a couple different reasons. First of all, who gets a prob warning? Maybe I'm just envious or maybe it's a toxx that went bad, I don't know. Second, it feels opportunistic, jumping in right after what seemed like a bit of generally well-intentioned banter. And third, the post afterwards? It's definitely the kind of post made by someone who's already made a decision and is trying to justify it retroactively. That's not inherently scummy in and of itself, but it's part of a bigger picture.

Of the two, I think Inf looks out coming better because his interaction with GX just a bit before shows he's not immediately reacting to getting voted on in general.

Inf: Why mention OMG but not b-?

OMG: In your opinion, what would be a more town-y way to respond to suddenly being put at -2 with still a day and a half to go?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

spacing in vienna posted:

More importantly, I propose an alliance of sorts. I can't fathom being a gossipy old harridan without an evil cat by my side, to be smug at my triumphs and to be pampered to a fault.
I'm flattered, Lulu, you and Agatha were always very close, and I know you very well. Too well to trust you so easily.

We still have plenty of time yet before we must make a move to appear productive, but as of this moment, Parker is the one who looks the worst. Too early to say anything for certain; only fools rush in, and there is still plenty of time left.

I am going to go take my midday nap on the windowsill now, these things are better done when well-rested.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I didn't ask what would have been a more logical way, I asked what would have been a more towny way. Those aren't necessarily the same.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Wait, right, OMG is probed. poo poo. I'm a smart cat.

Remember back when you first played and you used to be good at this?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Ok then.

I will laugh if you are scum that just inadvertently confirmed two players as town

Here is normal scum-hunting reasoning. "This seems suspicious, so maybe A is scum. If they are, it makes B look better, but it also makes C look worse."

Here is the trap we fall into: "This is suspicious, so A is scum. Therefore, B is town, and C is also scum."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've been out of the loop for a while, can someone explain this "b- is merk 2" meta thing? Is he ever actually helpful when he's being like this?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Dude what the hell is your deal. I’m not sure why you are being such a dick. It’s day 1 and I’m prepared for all of my reads to be wrong. That’s usually how it goes for everyone
Sorry. This past month or so has been spent both off my meds and recovering from a really terrible stretch of time. I've been all kinds of moody while I slowly readjust. That, combined with being out of practice, I was trying to get aggro to push for reactions, but like... that's a pretty hypocritical plan when also calling someone else Merk.

I do feel like OMG is looking pretty towny, after sleeping on it. Getting out of a whole day's worth of D1 would have been super easy and nobody could fault them for it.

Infinitum posted:

Would it not have been the better more to vote me to -1?
And I can't see a scum at -2 saying this. I think OMG/Inf is a town slapfight.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Great chat everyone
What is this supposed to mean?

Infinitum posted:

##unvote Removing initial comedy vote.
Oh, poo poo, you're right. I never took mine off.

##unvote

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

On a reread, I'm not liking AA. Something about the light RP but almost complete lack of actual playing feels particularly weird to me. It's not like AA went all in on jokephase and didn't come around to playing Mafia, but they didn't discard it in order to work totally on game stuff. They did a bit of goofing around, then made two minuscule posts once jokephase ended and disappeared. It reads like AA was trying to phone it in to look like they were present but didn't want to risk catching any actual attention. And there being no sign of them since yesterday doesn't bode well, either.

##vote AA

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My gut says AA and with nothing else to go on, that who I'm pushing for. They still haven't shown up, either.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Open nights?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Votecount for Day 1

Anomalous Amalgam (5): GeneX, GeneX, PMush Perfect, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, spacing in vienna, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak
Infinitum (2): Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, GeneX, OMGVBFLOL, b-minus1, GeneX, b-minus1, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak
Mr. Humalong (1): Infinitum, PMush Perfect, GeneX, Infinitum, PMush Perfect
b-minus1 (1): GeneX, spacing in vienna, GeneX, Tommunist, spacing in vienna
Hal Incandenza (1): Mikujin
Mr. Steak (0): Tommunist, Tommunist, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (3): Anomalous Amalgam, CapitalistPig, Infinitum

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 04th, 2019 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Pig, do you have any thoughts about how deadline went? You've been pretty noncommittal, aside from a meta read on B.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CapitalistPig posted:

So looking at those votes it looks like when b- voted "scumming in vienna" it was assigned to infinitum.
Someone did votefinder shenanigans, which would be a lot more suspicious than who's actually voting him, if we could figure out who did it.

Also, RIP Gulag, dead one post in.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm busy dying a whole bunch in this Dark Souls mod, but I did a quick skim after it crashed, and here's where I'm at so far. AA's behavior after returning is not making me feel the least bit better about him. If deadline was tonight, I'd park my vote there and refuse to move it.

##vote AA

As-is, I'm parking it there for now but open to other options. I wish I could remember where, but there's an itching in the back of my head that says "lurking CPig is scummy". Don't wanna rely on half-remembered meta reads, but something about him seems present-but-unengaged, which is never a great sign. I don't like b- right now, either, 'wait for someone else to generate content then follow up on it' is sus, but that might just me being a bitch. Miku I like as town for being the first one to make a serious hardcore content push and for saying nice things about me. Everyone else is a null read right now.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

since nobody would make this argument unless they knew I'm town.
Can you explain this comment? I don't really get what you're trying to say here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, I see what you're saying. That GX coming to that conclusion is really susp. because the logic doesn't make sense unless it's scum trying to justify calling townies townie.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was super hype for this game on D1 but seeing the momentum die in the crib hasn't been great for my motivation. My first pick is still AA, (fake?) meltdown or no, but I'd hit just about anyone over a second NL.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GG, scum, I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

##vote AA

Day 3 of trying to get the obvious scumbo dunked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't even loving care if I'm wrong any more, I just want something to happen. If we kick it back into gear, we're only as far behind as a town that misdunked on D1, this isn't LyLo. But something has to happen or it might as well be.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CPig is also still pinging me pretty hard. There hasn't been a lot of context to evaluate people's interactions in, this really does feel like Day 2 2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Miku's really the only person I feel good about being town, they've been consistently high-effort in a way that feels good and that I don't think effort scum would be with this simple of a walk-in victory.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can we do anything about the person who has fewer posts than the mod?
I'd be willing to engage the Ecco Gambit if it got the game moving again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mikujin posted:

I don't think anyone is quite on that level, and of living players I'm the closest to the mod's post-count (thanks to my D1 absence).
Gene X/Jen X is playing in this game.

quote:

What is the Ecco Gambit? It's not something I remember.
Vote out all the lurkers first. Then, even if the game is lost, at least it's an actual game. The idea is that over time, the meta changes to make lurking less of a free pass to not get dunked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jen X posted:

I probably shouldn't have joined a game right before I began a new job
Said literally three minutes after my post? Sorry, Jen, really not buying that coincidence.

##vote Jen X

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jen X posted:

uhhhh

ok?
You've been completely silent, and then show up less then five minutes after someone mentions you directly as lurking. It very, very heavily suggests that you've just been lurking this whole time, without contributing, and that isn't exactly super town. It's similar to why I think Pig is scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

*banging on coffin lid*
What a sad world we live in where the dead player's shitposting is more active than some of the live ones.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jen X posted:

I was trying not to get soaked in nyc, and spending way too much money on uber because it's raining, and someone crashed a helicopter and everyone had to evacuate just in case
That's crazy. Still scummy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

wait is gulag a replacement?
Gulag replaced Inf five minutes before D2 started and Inf got murdered.

b-minus1 posted:

Has anyone confirmed that they were jailed n1? Maybe I missed it
No, not yet. Even if they did, it'd be a meaningless claim now with no one to corroborate.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:toot:

The zombie thing worked, I guess!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

I disagree. Withholding information is anti town.
I'm not saying that whoever got jailed shouldn't say so (assuming they even know), just that there's not really anything to read out of it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gulag what the actual gently caress are you doing

GulagDolls posted:

who would you vote if not GX
Did you not read any of my posts? Like... any of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

you're voting GX right now. I'm saying who do you want to vote instead. because thats not happening
I wanna vote AA because he's(?) been around but not really contributing through all of D1 and D2. I was also onboard for voting Pig before you replaced him.