Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm gonna Dust(y) the gently caress out of you all.

That means murder. Maybe also sex. But mostly murder.

(Sign me up as Dusty please!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh dear, this is simply dreadful.

Lady Agatha may be gone, but her terrifying, imposing, and very clean bedroom isn’t; I’d love to be taken there, to really let out my moaning and groaning, since I’m so wrapped up in my grief that I’ve forgotten the mansion’s layout!

I’ll need a hard and well-built - or alternatively demure and yet oh-so rigid - shoulder to lean on when there, too, so please, someone, especially someone named Clay or Parker, help a girl out?

Also dammit Beauregard creeps me out ##vote AA

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

eh? screw night, i'll kill someone right now!

put up or shut up, imo

shoot your shot, let it out in a vigorous burst, another ejaculation joke I'm gonna avoid because everyone here but you and the driver are either creepy, weird, old, or cat and I don't want to attract beauregard's wandering dick

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Honestly can't decide which is going to be more annoying.
The roleplaying or the cat memes.

Cat memes temporarily get a pass because cats.

##vote inf

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm very familiar with people jumping on top of me, but I can't say I'm a fan of binus's push, in particular.

You'd think a medical professional could handle thrusting for a resolution much better than that, but god, doctors are the worst.

sorry dear, ##vote binus

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah this is bee man town game.

yeah prob

##vote humalong

Mr. Detective, no one knows your name, or what you look like, but you seem happy to toss some very weak defence onto Chairty. Why don't you take a load off, alongside other things, and tell us something about why you're so eager to defend her? Show us more of you...r wisdom.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

drat, Parker really revved my engines, if you know what I mean.

Also Mr. Clay Steak, the person who actually looks worst there is you...and that you seemingly missed it reflects well on your alignment

##vote OMG

Do not like the self-effacement post GulagDeath, if I feel like it I’ll go read the rest of D1 to see if the ping is worth a follow-up

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mikujin posted:

@GeneX - Haven't forgotten about you. Any particular reason you actively encouraged someone who hinted at having a vig to blow their load one page 2 before we'd even seen all players check in? Feels super reckless and irresponsible. Also: what about OMG's initial day 2 post raises alarms? It feels rather disingenuous of you to call them out for it, and then say "Yeah maybe I'll check 'em out".

day vigs are fun and nothing was going on

and I'm lazy

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

the argument is "scum are more likely to be hyperaware of and avoid calling attention to situations in which they look suspicious, so by doing such a thing, I think you're more likely to be town"

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I probably shouldn't have joined a game right before I began a new job

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

Said literally three minutes after my post? Sorry, Jen, really not buying that coincidence.

##vote Jen X

uhhhh

ok?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

You've been completely silent, and then show up less then five minutes after someone mentions you directly as lurking. It very, very heavily suggests that you've just been lurking this whole time, without contributing, and that isn't exactly super town. It's similar to why I think Pig is scum.

I was trying not to get soaked in nyc, and spending way too much money on uber because it's raining, and someone crashed a helicopter and everyone had to evacuate just in case

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I wish I was jailed so something would happen to me at night, tbh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

GulagDolls posted:

Have you all heard of something called a 'chain lynch'

tell me more, I'm interested

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote aa three people copy this post and put it into your something awful post window and then press the submit reply button

- signed, GulagDolls, Jen X, [YOUR NAME HERE], [YOUR NAME HERE (new person)]

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

in all seriousness, I think:

-binus and pmush are town, the former from a meta read of his prickliness and the latter because she's trying to put in effort in a game that doesn't and hasn't earned it
- mikujin is probably town for actually thinking the game through and also putting in more effort than the game deserves
- gulag is probably town for ~reasons~
- steak is leaning town because I honestly can't be bothered to update my read given that he has the same avatar as AA and it's impossible to determine who's speaking, and I think I liked him before

and then we probably have 3-4 scum given a 13 player game

so like 3/5 or 4/5 people we would vote down are evil, and if it's 3, we can even afford a mislynch and/or 2 no lynches (my math sucks here, bear with me)

now is this stable and rigid and inflexible? no, it's gut reads in a game I'm half-paying attention to, to put it very charitably, and one that I continually forget exists, to put it less charitably

but it's a start and I'm good with the framework, and I'm always better at townhunting than scumhunting regardless

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think I have thought AA was scum in every game I've been in with him, so my judgment there is bad but I'm happy to see if this is the one where my gut is right

vienna has said a lot but I remember none of it

I remain too lazy to look at more on omg

hal is probably scum but honestly he's fun so let's execute him last imo

and I think there's one more player???

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

"I can't tell them apart lolololol"

:rolleyes:

buy a new avatar and it won't be an issue, thunderdome loser

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:rolleyes:

Or you know... you could take less than a second, fractions of a second, to read some text.

i could, yes, but i won't

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I have no idea how to interpret AA's...not a full meltdown, really, more of a slow, low dribble

but regardless, proclamations of this being his town game aside (and, like, is it? binus, at least back the claim, I'm pinging you as town because you get super irritated when poked as town in my experience w/you, if you have a read on the guy please explain further), I'm...still fine with the kill? He refuses to pay into the lowtax spine fund and get an avatar that doesn't proclaim his shameful defeat, and that's the sign of a man who has accepted death

and maybe more relevantly, giving up but not self-hammering is null, self-hammering is bad practice

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

@jen who's scum?

probably Hal and vienna

AA wildcard

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

im trying

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hal Incandenza posted:

How is mr steak still alive?

why are you asking this and not voting for him

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I think AA gathers votes magnetically rather than through any particular scum or town tactics

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

My vote can be moved, but as is I'm liable to forget the game exists, so I left it in the care of someone who can care for it, feed it, and clean up after it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

If I were scum I would prioritize killing the more active players in game, unless I thought someone had breadcrumbed a town pr. Based on tommunists posts it looked like he had a scum result on steak. Obviously that wasn’t the case, and anyone else is welcome to speculate about other reasons scum elected to kill tomm

that kind of speculation is probably pointless because it leads into a wine cellar, but if what you're saying is "tommunist thought steak was scum and he's town, and died", that's as good a point as any

also on an entirely different note, assuming I do get executed when the bad avatar crew (AA and steak) grab vienna and a few buddies to jump on me, the reason I think gulag is town is because he (and cpig before him) has been in an unconfirmed masonry (at least from my end) with me from d1, and has used it for absolutely nothing beyond jokes

no attempted manipulation besides gulag declaring figurative jihad against aa before declaring a mistake, and, like, there's scum laziness and then there's town laziness

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

when I die the scumteam will be omg, steak, and poor, sweet hal

or vienna, aa, and, still, poor, beloved hal

who I'm going to vote for ##vote Hal because I deeply distrust the intent of his leading questions and think he's been dodging commitment to avoid suspicion

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mikujin posted:

Based on anything more than gut feeling/righteous indignation? This vote looks lovely.

I mean, there's a reason I asked him why he wasn't voting but instead casting aspersions like a day or two ago (time in this game is very strange)

because hesitance to commit to a particular course of action while trying to muddle the waters, and a sense of a vote as something best kept to yourself and not used to apply pressure, is a hallmark of a whole lot of scumplay, especially in cases where the player is semi-lurking and avoiding attention that way

if "this is a general trend I'm aware of with scum players, very much including my past self in multiple games, and Hal seems to be falling into this pattern, so logically Hal is more likely to be scum than an analysis made prior would show" is "gut", then, uh, okay?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mikujin posted:

This is a reasonable take on Hal.

Was there a reason you cast aspersions on OMG and Mr. Steak, as well? Again, lack of content and context makes it hard to read into anything beyond surface level.

omg, I voted for before and have seen exactly zero since said vote to change my weakly formed opinion

mr steak is flailing at me and aa in a way that looks more like desperate desire for survival rather than genuine interest in finding scum, I think humalong is town for engaging w/the game a ton, my general townread list is close to the same as it was before for the same reasons as then (you, pmush, gulag porcine, binus,) vienna is entirely a gut call, and omg is on aa so he's probably not coaligned with him if one of them is scum (and steak is flailing at aa so they're also probably not coaligned scum)

which leaves the 2 hypothetical 3 person teams I posted about

could be 4 scum and steak or vienna are also baddies, I'd guess vienna in that case because steak's flailing, while not a town indicator, seems genuinely opportunistic and death bussing a scumbuddy in this way would be a very weird move

but I'm looking askance at hal more than anyone, and he doesn't require impromptu scumteam worldbuilding gymnastics to hazily consider evil

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

i once again reiterate my demand for the cowards aa and mr steak to change their avatars

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Steak posted:

buy me a gift cert, you coward.

also explain how i have been flailing? besides putting actual effort into the thread once i'm at risk of dying. I explained clearly why i voted aa out of necessity, and then i switched to you (jen) who i've been voting since d1. did all of you forget that? please check

voting aa "out of necessity" is flailing, friendo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if there's 4 scum we have to get all but 1 town on board to ice a scumbo without scum cred votes. so right now good scum play is to scatter town's attention and get us arguing with each other. that makes jen x, aa, and steak all look bad right now, as they're all, unless i'm mistaken, trying to push new cases hours before deadline

I'm happy to dance back, since I don't have positive opinions on either of the thunderdome loser squad, but I'm voting for who I most think is scum and encourage you all to join me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Well, anyway

##vote AA

I'll swap over to steakums if AA won't go

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lmao

##vote mister cooked beef

for good measure

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

OMGVBFLOL posted:

you got anything you want to tell the group vienna

oooh

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yeah, sure, claim time is probably a good idea?

Already did myself, unconfirmed mason with Gulag Pig

also, ##vote AA

:colbert:

you suck, and not in the fun, tingly way

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mikujin posted:

Claim aside (you mentioned it yesterday), are you voting AA as a continuation of yesterday, or because they voted you?

Both, honestly.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I’m sorry

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I dont believe goulash, known 5th dimensional chess xp3rt

I 100% do and entrust my life to his gentle hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mr. Humalong posted:

We should test this claim by voting Jen

I don't think he has any way to save me from an undeserved death, unless I'm misreading the claim

he's just a weird externalized survivor