Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

More like No Regard am I right?

Can I be Spritzy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mikujin posted:

Sign me up as Hickory.

Also... drat what’s up Miku???

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I cannot believe RF is so rich he has TWO pairs of scissors. What a decadent lifestyle he lives.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Like, I cut hair for a living and I only have ONE pair of scissors.

Maybe if that old goat had paid me more I could have lived like royalty too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would love to see someone get killed now, that would be radical. But it's probably just the usual lies.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mikujin posted:

I've been working full time while going to school full time so I've been too busy to put mental focus on stuff like mafia. But now I'm done with one, and my time and brain are free up.

Also: you the mafia good who was up in Alaska, Hal? I seem to recall someone was. And now I'm up here - at least for awhile longer.

I was up in Alaska! But since then I have moved to Maine and then to Colorado. Where are you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well nice of multiple people to get probated!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OH wow deadline today and I have like no reads. Perhaps it is time for the traditional Opop NL D1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here!

Let's make something happen!

Scum, give up before we catch you!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Mr Steak we don't need thunderdome losers here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr Steak makes a valid point ##vote AA

I guess I would switch to infi but he hasn't lost a thunderdome this year so not super into it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Someone set “scumming in vienna” as an alias of Infinitum.

How rude

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opop your games are cursed I don't get it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I guess if we had all voted infi we could have done it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

We have two minutes, AA is at -2, and the only other person with multiple votes actually has a fake vote on him. Good times.

Oh no we couldn't even do do infi!

Sad!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

SiV and Hal had the bad AA votes at day end, hmmmm.

I actually think I had a good AA vote at the end of the day, how does that factor into your equation?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh yeah cpig being around NEAR deadline then leaving with no vote was not cool. Not cool.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

GG, scum, I guess.

Ughhhh sorry I fell off the face of earth yesterday did not realize it was deadline and I should have been here to vote this shame is real.

Scum be a peach and don’t NK tonight and we can get this game back on track

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Wow it worked! I’m ready to dedicate myself to making this RF game all it deserves to be.

Scumdoc is trembling right now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

How is mr steak still alive?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jen X posted:

why are you asking this and not voting for him

Slow your roll Gen, I just got back here and I was shocked no one had murdered him in my absence. My vote is important to me and I will place it when I am good and ready.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

People voting AA are like a list of scum in this game

##vote Mr Steak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

thats a pretty suspicious story. im getting steak killed and i didnt even realize he was the guy I wanted killed until a couple of hours ago. how hard could it possibly be to kill AA

legit points here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pretty sure I wanted to vote you on D1 STEAK. Although I didn't actually look back...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Pretty sure I wanted to vote you on D1 STEAK. Although I didn't actually look back...

I mean AFTER I wanted to vote myself (and shoot AA)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Omg I can’t believe I mixed up the games I was in AGAIN

I don’t really buy into AAs “just go read humalong” bit but I do kind of agree on Jen, she had that pointless callout of me earlier that kinda led nowhere and really she’s kinda doing that scummy discredit people without casing them thing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mikujin posted:

This is a reasonable take on Hal.

Was there a reason you cast aspersions on OMG and Mr. Steak, as well? Again, lack of content and context makes it hard to read into anything beyond surface level.

The problem with her take is that I had been gone for most of the last day and a half of in-game time and I showed up and made half serious half joke post about how was steak still alive after all the heat in him since D1. It’s not like I made a giant case or had spent many posts recently casting aspersions. I am sure if I showed up and just voted steak after saying nothing for days someone would have called THAT scummy

Jen jumped on the first post I made with the most basic scum case of all (said someone was bad and didn’t immediately vote them) and had nothing to follow up with or add to that read. It felt like someone jumping on low hanging fruit. And her further explanation that I was “muddying the waters and committing is kind of empty since steak had plenty of heat and was the main focus so there was no water to muddy and steak didn’t need another vote at that moment to really make him a focus.

If I had made a series of posts and then said that about steak and left without voting that would be one thing, but to jump on me for not voting on one of the first (or actually the first) post I made on a game day is just kind of BS

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

ok jen this is semantics, but what you're calling flailing isn't a scum tell. for one, any unsure town vote towards deadline is essentially "out of necessity" and also trying ti prevent a confirmed townie (oneself) from getting lynched at any cost isnt exactly bad gameplay

I was just typing up this post

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

it's looking likely that i'm gonna be the "prevent a nolynch" death today. i hope i put in the effort to make my flip worth it for you guys. i think there's a lot of stuff you can read into

3 hours is a lot of time. Work your magic steak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

bro, youre voting for me lol

I know! But I am a reasonable and considerate person who will hear you out if you can convince me I should vote elsewhere, don't give up! Giving up just means you are probably scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Back, catching up, I'll be on until deadline.

Me too!

Also I keep meaning to say props for having hooverphonic lyrics on your av, don't see that every day

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

I'm back from the store. ##vote steak

Did you get steak at the store?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

lol guess that post took 4 minutes to type

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Hi, scum. Please kill me so this game stops being my responsibility.

PMush now I am only in this game and can't conflate everything and if you hang in there we can win this together.

Fair warning though if you are scum it's over for you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If the game still isn't open then this seems like a good time for off topic music chat.

Hal!! You might actually be the first person to ever notice that, and have just made my day. :)

My username is also a hooverphonic lyric, it's from, let's see if I can link on mobile, this track from their first album.

Have you heard any of their recent stuff? It's ... okay, but they've switched over to just being a pop band and it's disappointing.

Oh thank god now the mystery of your username is answered for me. I actually do know that song too I just didn't remember it. I haven't heard anything newer but if they don't have that old ethereal sound then I probably wouldn't like it either.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mikujin posted:

I went mid-west Canada -> mid-west US -> Fairbanks. It's definitely... interesting up here. Alaskan politics are also unique, albeit as stupid as everywhere else. If you bounce around that much - and we up in AK - I imagine you're likely military?

I am actually not military, for whatever reason I decided to go to school at University of Alaska and then ended up staying for a while for some crazy reason but absolutely it is a unique place to live where you have to deal with poo poo people can't even imagine. I actually lived outside of town in Goldstream Valley without running water for like 6 years that poo poo was nuts. I miss it a lot though, some of my best friends are there. At least you are heading into the more tolerable part of the year where it is only light 100% of the time and there are mosquitoes everywhere.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ballsy move Gulag

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

mikujin and bminus are frontrunners for scum under the redirection theory. mikujin pressed me to claim asap and has lurked ever since, and bminus freaked out and spammed posts

the occams razor vienna is scum theory is still afloat but I need time to weigh the two.

Redirection just seems unlikely, I dunno

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah seems like Vienna but a couple things just pinging me

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if steak flips town it's almost endgame so don't hold back if you got town abilities and have been laying low

Kind of a weird post if you had rolecopped him as vanilla

Also your "anything to tell the group" post at Vienna is strange, like did you just want her to get scared and say she was the godfather? Why all the mystery and drama since there was no answer vienna was going to give you that was going to stop you from claiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah no that's not what I'm talking about. I'm asking how a town godfather could even exist.

It exists as a miller-type role for rolecops

I have actually seen such a thing in fact