Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won E3?
This poll is closed.
No one 43 10.46%
Us, the gaming public 60 14.60%
Who Cares? 57 13.87%
Bowsette. 251 61.07%
Total: 411 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I wasn't trying to accuse you of being like those other people, I am very sorry if it came across that way, that was not my intention.

I like arby's so this is fine

It's cool

not the arby's though have some self respect for christ's sake you're better than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they have the meats

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
We have coupons

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't FFXI have an AI issue where if you have computer-controlled party members their AI only enters battle after the player hits an enemy with a melee attack?

And so playing solo as a caster class is really hard since you have to go up and melee enemies to get the other party members to start fighting them?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I never knew why people ragged on Arby's so much, especially the Simpsons

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

people make fun of it specifically because of the Simpsons, they don't actually have their own opinions about it

Pharohman777 posted:

Doesn't FFXI have an AI issue where if you have computer-controlled party members their AI only enters battle after the player hits an enemy with a melee attack?

And so playing solo as a caster class is really hard since you have to go up and melee enemies to get the other party members to start fighting them?
yeah it's not great, but you don't usually get immediately squished and your tank trust will get threat quickly so it's less hard and more just kind of annoying

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cuz the meat aint' that great.

I mean granted it's not like John Stewart levels of terrible as he depicts it.

https://vimeo.com/136682914

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

As a kid their $5 for $5 deal was amazing, plus they had curly fries, which were superior to the Normal Fry. Also both their namesake sauce and the horseradish sauce were superior to the sauces at other fast food joints

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Reasons I like arby's:

their jamocha shake is pretty good
curly fries are good
roast beef sammiches for cheap if I get a coupon
onion buns (KCB absolutely despises onions and cannot deal with their taste so at home we never eat anything with onions, at most it'll have onion powder and I like the onion buns arby's uses for their beef & cheddars)
the artist(s?) they have for their twitter account do good work and idgaf that it's all for brand-name recognition, good work is good work
horsey sauce

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

horsey sauce?? get that the gently caress outta here

curly fries almost had me but then you opened your mouth with this horsey sauce bullshit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the curly fry art is cute but their twitter is the worst and lamest of all the brand twitters, culminating in the embarassing Meat Carrot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Black August posted:

horsey sauce?? get that the gently caress outta here

curly fries almost had me but then you opened your mouth with this horsey sauce bullshit
horsey sauce... is good

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

homeless snail posted:

horsey sauce... is good

shut your goddamn mouth with this horsey sauce nonsense I'm not gonna hear it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's no jack sauce, that's for sure

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Black August posted:

shut your goddamn mouth with this horsey sauce nonsense I'm not gonna hear it

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

WHAT DID I JUST SAY

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Horseradish is the wasabi of the gaijin :cabot:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Horseradish is the wasabi of the gaijin :cabot:

realtalk I just wanted people to keep posting 'horsey sauce' because the phrase 'horsey sauce' is making me laugh hard enough to have to muffle it, especially because I keep imagining some horse forced to eat tremendous amounts of horseradish and screaming frothing at the mouth, in some esoteric part of the secret process to create horsey sauce

I agree with your point but it's hot enough on its own you don't need genuine wasabi

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Arby's is too goddamned expensive for what it is.

Black August posted:

realtalk I just wanted people to keep posting 'horsey sauce' because the phrase 'horsey sauce' is making me laugh hard enough to have to muffle it, especially because I keep imagining some horse forced to eat tremendous amounts of horseradish and screaming frothing at the mouth, in some esoteric part of the secret process to create horsey sauce

I agree with your point but it's hot enough on its own you don't need genuine wasabi

YOU EVER SQUEEZE A HORSE OVER YOUR ROAST BEEF TO GET THAT ARBYS EXPERIENCE

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

YOU EVER SQUEEZE A HORSE OVER YOUR ROAST BEEF TO GET THAT ARBYS EXPERIENCE

*smash cut from 400 pound man in white cowboy outfit who screams this at you to horse vomiting freshly Stage III ready horsey sauce, eyes roll back and collapses before smash cut back to excited portly gentleman tossing up his enormous Texan hat, pockets filled with curly fries and cold cuts*

*OST: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAvS9QMpusU *

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which is ironic because Bill Oakley (co-showrunner/writer seasons 4-7 and Instagram junk food guru) says Arby's is his favorite fast food. The theory is that Arby's is just a funny name so when someone needs to rag on fast food that's the go to and they're not like McDonalds, Burger King, or Taco Bell where you don't want to upset some marketer. Like who the gently caress is going to get offended if you rip on Arby's?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Arby's isn't much worse or better than any of the other fast foods, I just personally don't like how they do their stuff after trying them a few times over the years, also they do that weird twitter thing so they open themselves to a little more ribbing

al-azad
May 28, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Reasons I like arby's:

their jamocha shake is pretty good
curly fries are good
roast beef sammiches for cheap if I get a coupon
onion buns (KCB absolutely despises onions and cannot deal with their taste so at home we never eat anything with onions, at most it'll have onion powder and I like the onion buns arby's uses for their beef & cheddars)
the artist(s?) they have for their twitter account do good work and idgaf that it's all for brand-name recognition, good work is good work
horsey sauce

Onion haters are actual space aliens disguised as humans. Like I get that cilantro aversion is genetic but I'm hard pressed to think of a meal I enjoy or prepare constantly that doesn't have onions in it.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I don't know what I expected, but I didn't expect to skip 200 posts to end up seeing people mad about Arby's.

Also, onions are no bueno.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there just needs to be more places that offer curly fries imo

the regular fry is nothing. it's NOTHING

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The 7th Guest posted:

the regular fry is nothing. it's NOTHING

uh it is a fry,

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

When I was in Seattle I had Jack in the Box for the first time since I lived in Hawaii in 1990, and had stopped because of the breakout they had at the time

They had ok burgers and yeah curly fries are really good and they still did them good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
waffle fries are a good type of fry, steak fries no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

Carl's Jr. criss-cut fries were the ultimate in fry technology, the seasoning of curly fries with the heft of waffle fries

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

here's my powerful take, fries are made or broke by their spice, and more importantly, the sauce with them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtltCnCtkw&t=5s

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Black August posted:

here's my powerful take, fries are made or broke by their spice, and more importantly, the sauce with them

uh some spice stuff is good but fries are fine without sauce

i bet you are one of those people who eat forms of chicken for the sauce and not the chicken...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

yeah unless it's a diner i wont eat steak fries

waffles fries are very good and the local diner makes em real good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

Onion haters are actual space aliens disguised as humans. Like I get that cilantro aversion is genetic but I'm hard pressed to think of a meal I enjoy or prepare constantly that doesn't have onions in it.

She just doesn't like the taste, a combination of that distinct onion flavor and the texture of it (cooked, partially cooked, uncooked, what-have-you) just put her off of it and any dish that would have it. She has found ways to enjoy dishes that do contain onions but the rule goes that if she can't see them, then it's okay as long as the meal tastes really good like when we head out for mexican food, and if she sees them, then she cannot abide by them, can't eat them because they're there, she knows they're there, she can taste them, and she can feel them in every bite. It just puts her off of them completely. The onion powder is basically a way of getting a bit of that onion taste into something without the texture of an actual sliced-and-diced onion

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

uh some spice stuff is good but fries are fine without sauce

i bet you are one of those people who eat forms of chicken for the sauce and not the chicken...

you watch the sass you sling over the assumptions of what I do with my chicken thank you

fries do not need sauce up to a point and then they absolutely benefit from and get better with a proper or interesting sauce

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

onion powder on pretzels is dope

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where do potato wedges, tater tots, hashbrowns, and home fries fall on this list

e: is a chip a fry

is a fry a chip

fries are chips in the uk, but chips are crisps, are they also chips, crisps, and fries

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Where do potato wedges, tater tots, hashbrowns, and home fries fall on this list

e: is a chip a fry

is a fry a chip

fries are chips in the uk, but chips are crisps, are they also chips, crisps, and fries
tots and hashbrowns are good

wedges are ok by virtue of not being steak fries, but they can go way wrong

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The 7th Guest posted:

onion powder on pretzels is dope

that is very good and also large pretzels with red wine and a really dark/spicy mustard

FirstAidKite posted:

Where do potato wedges,

with gravy and steak sauces and vegetable drippings

FirstAidKite posted:

tater tots, hashbrowns, and home fries fall on this list

with coffee, a strong sauce, lots of eggs, optional deep fried protein, also some butter and preserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Just trying to give someone itt stiches.