Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won E3?
This poll is closed.
No one 43 10.46%
Us, the gaming public 60 14.60%
Who Cares? 57 13.87%
Bowsette. 251 61.07%
Total: 411 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Bholder posted:

Has it been confirmed that there will be no Starfield related news or even a trailer, or people just concluded it because it won't be coming out for a while?

Todd Howard said they wouldn't be talking about starfield or tes6 yet this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm playing this cat metroidvania and it is good as hell

Whats it called?
Whats it on?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Whats it called?
Whats it on?

Gato Roboto on PC/Switch (I played it on Switch) It's only 2-3 hours long but it's like £6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlhU5urjgwk

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It's hard to believe the rumors are true, but yes folks, there are indeed new video games coming out. Hold onto your butts.

a staggering disappointment

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
But I haven't even played the old ones yet

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

exquisite tea posted:

It's hard to believe the rumors are true, but yes folks, there are indeed new video games coming out. Hold onto your butts.

I am surprised that there's so many PS4 games, I thought everybody was all about the PS5 now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There will be another decade of licensed shovelware crap on the PS4 even when the PS5 comes out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

exquisite tea posted:

I refuse to accept this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

There will be another decade of licensed shovelware crap on the PS4 even when the PS5 comes out.

FIFA until you die

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Only games I'm interested in for the rest of the year are Wolfenstein Youngblood and Doom Eternal.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is this year mother fuckers

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

LM2 was so dull that I have no faith in 3.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

Ha, then he should just stay home this year. If he comes out on stage to do his little dance and there's nothing new about either of those it's not gonna go well.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GUI posted:

Luigi's mansion 3 is going to kick rear end

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

GUI posted:

Held back by the nature of the 3ds. Going back to console gonna let them flex. All they have to do is make a game on par with the arcade version and they'll have my money.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I feel like I spent more time in Luigi's Mansion 2 solving very simple puzzles instead of hunting ghosts. I preferred the much more straight-forward first game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GUI posted:

The mini level format was awful

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://i.vgy.me/CBCwZ8.webm

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Tales of Woe posted:

Ah, noted bastion of truth Todd Howard.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LawfulWaffle posted:

Ah, noted bastion of truth Todd Howard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mutata posted:

Ha, then he should just stay home this year. If he comes out on stage to do his little dance and there's nothing new about either of those it's not gonna go well.

Maybe they'll do another expansion pack for Skyrim

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

barkley 2 is officially (??) dead ...

Hiratio posted:

Chef vanished from the project 2 1/2 years ago. I've tried contacting him multiple times and haven't received a response. Bort left around the same time to be a family man.

The Kickstarter was not necessary, especially in hindsight. The majority of work on this game was unpaid. Myself, Bort, and Chef are the original Barkley 1 creators. I did not join the Kickstarter with them because I was aware of the many problems that could (and did) arise.

I was asked to join the project 3 years after the KS when the project had little money and was in shambles. I was committed to trying to finish the game but it was consistently set back by horrible management and I ended up quitting. The person who owns ToG and is running it now had nothing to do with Barkley 1 and has zero game dev experience. He is the ToG PR guy.

When I quit, Lazrool also quit. We were the only two remaining who understood the technical inner workings of this game. Laz worked on this project nearly from the start, pro bono, and was tired of the nonsense as well.

There is no incentive for "ToG" or anyone attached to the KS to talk about this debacle.

rest in power

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gripweed posted:

Maybe they'll do another expansion pack for Skyrim

Looking forward to playing Skyrim on my Aibo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

rest in power

the random two or three goons to whom i promised my copy, i'm sorry

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

I'm excited to hear what my friend Todd Howard has to say at the world famous Electronic Entertainment Expo (also known to the gamer subculture as E3)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Goodnight, sweet prince...

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

oddium posted:

rest in power

End of an era. Was waiting on the completion of the second good rpg in existence, but that will remain a dream.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
rip hoopz

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It'd be nice if the next NBA 2K used Barkley 1 as the basis for its story mode

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

It'd be nice if the next NBA 2K used Barkley 1 as the basis for its story mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeW3vXiFG44

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Rarity posted:

Looking forward to playing Skyrim on my Aibo

an expansion pack would be a nice little send off, one last adventure in Skyrim to say goodbye before everybody gets hyped for that new Elder Scrolls on the next generation

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

rest in power

This was a Goon Project right

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This was a Goon Project right

:rip:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Had to force myself to stop playing KQB so I could go get wasted. But I'll be back in a couple hours for more. Everyone with a PC should check it out at killerqueenblack.com.

Beta is closed but open because invites are hosed, so get in while you can. Game has an easy party system and the biggest innovation in gaming, a push to talk button for controllers.

gave it shot for a half or hour or so (enough to get through the tutorials and play a couple matches). pretty awesome! the way momentum works and how different horizontal/vertical movement is while flying means i need a lot more practice before i'm used to it. for whatever reason i couldn't exit the match either time at the win/loss screen so i had to alt-f4 the thing, so definitely some bugs to iron out.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Maaaaaaaaan.... That blows about Barkely 2, the sprite work, everything looked great.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So did they just spend the money 100% on grift then

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cheetah7071 posted:

So did they just spend the money 100% on grift then

They paid people to work on the game but like it was 100k six years ago of course the money ran out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

they should have paid me the money to not make barkley 2, instead

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Probably not the best thing to make a joke trailer comparing yourself to the FFVII remake, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-29-of-course-the-death-stranding-collectors-edition-includes-a-life-sized-bridge-baby

Who wants their very own fetus video game figurine?

Seriously who the gently caress is this marketed at? Kojima fanboys, I know