Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who won E3?
This poll is closed.
No one 43 10.46%
Us, the gaming public 60 14.60%
Who Cares? 57 13.87%
Bowsette. 251 61.07%
Total: 411 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

same but it will be the cyberpunk booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also "diaper radio shack dril" is now indelibly etched into whatever google server is recording my search history so everyone wins

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

google went down so nothing was recorded. it's like that time the forums were changing servers or something and we could post whatever we wanted. but my posts were still pure cute funny

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So it seems like my dumb broken brain is so preoccupied orderliness, efficiency, symmetry, control, perfection, and clean slates, that I will never successfully finish a video game ever again. It’s why I’ll never reach the end of a 4X game, it’s why I keep compulsively restarting RPGs every five hours, it’s why my minecraft house never got past the iron stage

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why not play a Mario or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

google went down so nothing was recorded. it's like that time the forums were changing servers or something and we could post whatever we wanted. but my posts were still pure cute funny

What does tainted cute funny look like

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

dark oddium who has an upside down O on her hat

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

What does tainted cute funny look like

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

next day of the league is in the bag

god drat my khemri team is getting their smash on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

dark oddium who has an upside down O on her hat

Wn!ppo is a villain

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I can't believe it the dream is dead. It was :unsmith: that the devs came into that Barkely 2 thread in to tell their side and apologize.

RIP Barkley 2.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

i had a loving amazing round against a decent number of human players as a queen in killer queen black so i'm swearing it off and never playing it again since i'll never be able to top it, good while it lasted though

man getting stuck with perpetual queen slampickers who absolutely refuse to control any gates at all in lieu of getting their asses chopped to death and yet not wanting to slampick queen myself

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

So it seems like my dumb broken brain is so preoccupied orderliness, efficiency, symmetry, control, perfection, and clean slates, that I will never successfully finish a video game ever again. It’s why I’ll never reach the end of a 4X game, it’s why I keep compulsively restarting RPGs every five hours, it’s why my minecraft house never got past the iron stage

Have you considered Zachtronics games

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Shindragon posted:

I can't believe it the dream is dead. It was :unsmith: that the devs came into that Barkely 2 thread in to tell their side and apologize.

RIP Barkley 2.

oh what really?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Nothing like playing halfway through a Zachtronics game, quitting, then coming back a year later and resuming the old file. It’s like taking an exam in a field you’ve never studied before.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

The promise has been broken

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sitting at work with Shovel Knight tunes stuck in my head

That game has some bops

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I've been to many E3s. Pick 1 or 2 big things you want to check out. Don't bother waiting for anything else. E3 swag is bad so don't count on getting anything cool. If there IS something cool, there will be a minimum 5 hour wait for it or it's via a contest. Just allocate $100 to buy some cool souvenirs instead.

The best experience imo is to hit the 1 or 2 things you came there to see and then the rest of the time walk around and jump on empty/open/non-busy games and booths. You'll meet a lot more actual dev people at the smaller booths. Major devs and publishers often hire temps or marketing firms or QA to work the booths for them. The bigger publishers sometimes have lots of consoles demoing lots of games so you can often find no- or short-wait things to play there. If something looks or feels like it's gonna waste your time, you're right.

In other words, just be chill and treat E3 like a really crowded walking simulator.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Have you considered Zachtronics games

I'm more intimidated by those games than I was with Dark Souls before I started it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
goddamn outer wilds is hella good yall

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Outer Wilds, Draugen, Pathologic 2... go away adventure games I'm strapped for cash!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-05-29-of-course-the-death-stranding-collectors-edition-includes-a-life-sized-bridge-baby

Who wants their very own fetus video game figurine?

Seriously who the gently caress is this marketed at? Kojima fanboys, I know

Kojima has been posting pictures of it on his twitter. It lights up and the fetus is removable. So it's a good deal for the price

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Kojima has been posting pictures of it on his twitter. It lights up and the fetus is removable. So it's a good deal for the price

Kojima in pro-choice merch move

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Thank you for adding another game to my long wishlist

Edit: For those of you who hadn't heard of this like me, this is Ragnar Tornquist

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 3, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

mutata posted:

I've been to many E3s. Pick 1 or 2 big things you want to check out. Don't bother waiting for anything else. E3 swag is bad so don't count on getting anything cool. If there IS something cool, there will be a minimum 5 hour wait for it or it's via a contest. Just allocate $100 to buy some cool souvenirs instead.

The best experience imo is to hit the 1 or 2 things you came there to see and then the rest of the time walk around and jump on empty/open/non-busy games and booths. You'll meet a lot more actual dev people at the smaller booths. Major devs and publishers often hire temps or marketing firms or QA to work the booths for them. The bigger publishers sometimes have lots of consoles demoing lots of games so you can often find no- or short-wait things to play there. If something looks or feels like it's gonna waste your time, you're right.

In other words, just be chill and treat E3 like a really crowded walking simulator.

thats the plan. i have few games and publishers i want to see but i mostly want to roam around. i am surprised they don't have any real swag. least i won't spend TOO much money.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Kojima in pro-choice merch move

it is extremely pro and choice merch, yes

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/luulubuu/status/1135299006970642432

Ha ha what a funny story Luulu..

Wait a mi-

quote:

In one of the promotional pictures for the S2 Weapon Main Kensa Splat Dualies.png Kensa Splat Dualies, an Octoling boy is seen with no shoes on his feet. This led some players to believe that an option for the players to be barefoot would become available in Version 4.0.0, but nothing was added until the Friendship Bracelet gear item became available to obtained from Salmon Run, which allows the player to wear no shoes and instead wear the bracelet on their foot.

oooooooh nooooooo

https://twitter.com/uwugumi/status/1135272848056918016

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

corn in the bible posted:

goddamn outer wilds is hella good yall

The Outer Wilds is so good. I just completed it and I needed somewhere to say that its good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Outer Wilds at all like Subnautica?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

justin roiland just released an ad with jontron so his dumbass is finally in the dumpster for good

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Subnautica is probably the nearest match. If you were in Subnautica for the exploration of a cool handcrafted world instead of the resource gathering and base building, then Outer Wilds is for you.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I have now beaten Godhand. I don't think I'll ever be able to play this game again.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
Beat it on hard mode and truly become Alexander

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

justin roiland just released an ad with jontron so his dumbass is finally in the dumpster for good

How are all these assholes still getting work, that new Toe Jam and Earl game has two harassers involved

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats the plan. i have few games and publishers i want to see but i mostly want to roam around. i am surprised they don't have any real swag. least i won't spend TOO much money.

There's lots of lame garbage that's easy to get but they all realized suddenly about 8 years ago that actually cool swag can be used to drive people to their booths so they lock it behind 5 hour waits to play a 15 minute demo. You used to just walk around and hoover things up, but even then it was kinda lame stuff lol. Just play it by ear.

mutata fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 3, 2019

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

This post stinks

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How are all these assholes still getting work, that new Toe Jam and Earl game has two harassers involved

Some are even more popular now https://www.dailydot.com/irl/nick-robinson-matt-conn-sexual-harassment-abuse/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sweetgrass posted:

Beat it on hard mode and truly become Alexander

I could barely finish it on easy without nearly breaking my god damned hand.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

bushisms.txt posted:

This post stinks

https://twitter.com/GGaiKingDGreat/status/1134865500163518466

It's feet all the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord