Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://thenevadaindependent.com/ar...anning-into-law

My state loving enshrined in law women's rights.

I'm very proud. I have been present at hearings and committees, as a stand in for my good friend's group, NARAL.

She's a loving beast and is kind of a hero, being on the front lines trying to change minds on life and death. She's even been mentioned and photoed and captioned in the news several times.

I'm so proud to call her one of my best friends.

E: holy gently caress I shouldn't have rushed, I'm sorry. I don't know how to change the thread icon or the title.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Wasabi the J posted:

https://thenevadaindependent.com/ar...anning-into-law

My state loving enshrined in law women's rights.

I'm very proud. I have been present at hearings and committees, as a stand in for my good friend's group, NARAL.

She's a loving beast and is kind of a hero, being on the front lines trying to change minds on life and death. She's even been mentioned and photoed and captioned in the news several times.

I'm so proud to call her one of my best friends.

I'm super glad that passed. I moved back to Vegas a few months ago and hadn't heard much.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah it was dicey. Senate was not thrilled to sign, and the vote went down party lines. Sisolak I believe was rumored to be against the measure initially, but that's complete hearsay.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

I believe this with every fibre of my being.

https://twitter.com/ugarles/status/1134508315126505473?s=21

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:stare:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Does Trump know what tarrifs are, or how they work?

Or have people been telling him it's a tribute that China and Mexico has to pay him to export stuff?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm sure he knows how they work by now but he just keeps yelling on twitter that it's china, mexico, canada etc. paying for them and the die hards will always believe him over facts

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Does Trump's base have any clue how tariffs work? If not then it's still effective political theater.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Does Trump's base have any clue how tariffs work? If not then it's still effective political theater.

They're going to find out when prices for literally everything go up 10%.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lmao wrong thread ignore me

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There has been consistent reporting for like a year of people trying to explain to Donnie Dumbfuck what a tariff is and no, he does not know how they work. He has insulated himself with yes men and cronies. Whenever some outsider with stupid elitist bullshit like a degree in economics says the bad words at him he throws a tantrum and they're kicked out by his minions so they can coddle his ego.

This is why you see his inner circle getting called out on live TV over and over again on how tariffs work. They have to repeat the insulating layer's lie to maintain their position.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 1, 2019

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Illinois passed legal weed legislation. We get that poo poo on 1/1/2020.

Hell yes

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Weekend reading list!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-05-23/the-wealth-detective-who-finds-the-hidden-money-of-the-super-rich
French economist analyzes raw economic data to find out how much wealth the 0.01% are hording in Ireland and Bermuda. Spoiler: it's a lot.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/03/how-football-leaks-is-exposing-corruption-in-european-soccer
European soccer is somehow more corrupt then FIFA; they covered up Ronaldo raping a woman in Las Vegas by paying her off and making her sign a confidentially agreement, committed massive tax fraud, etc.

https://www.eater.com/2019/5/28/18638762/truffle-fraud-fake-italian-piedmont-alba-white-truffles
People are ripping off oligarchs by selling them fake truffles. Finally some good news.

https://kotaku.com/as-esports-grows-experts-fear-its-a-bubble-ready-to-po-1834982843?src=longreads
Esport leagues don't really make money.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/incel-plastic-surgery.html#_ga=2.168799586.2126230462.1559052936-1583306866.1551800583
Incels are getting plastic surgery to get laid, but they still hate women.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-21/nestl-makes-billions-bottling-water-it-pays-nearly-nothing-for?src=longreads
Nestle is buying up access to water springs wholesale for virtually nothing and privatizing them.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

holocaust bloopers posted:

Illinois passed legal weed legislation. We get that poo poo on 1/1/2020.

Hell yes

If it's anything like Maine, it'll take the legislature 3 loving years to set up regulations and figure out how the gently caress to sell the poo poo. So loving stupid. They don't even have a clue what kind of dispensaries are going to be allowed - whether medical and recreational can be combined, or if they're firewalled.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A lot of the states passing stuff like decrim/legalization/etc. aren't doing it with a concrete plan because they're expecting it to become federally regulated and a standard to be applied, at least that's what a coworker's daughter told me after working for the state legislature for the last few years. They're hoping it hits a critical mass of states and the switch gets flipped in DC.

edit:

Christ, why do I read articles like this when they pop up. It's like looking into the exposed reactor core of mental illness.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Bored As gently caress posted:

If it's anything like Maine, it'll take the legislature 3 loving years to set up regulations and figure out how the gently caress to sell the poo poo. So loving stupid. They don't even have a clue what kind of dispensaries are going to be allowed - whether medical and recreational can be combined, or if they're firewalled.

Read a blurb about it last night, Illinois' bill would expunge records of possession of less than 30g along with the legalization.

Tooo late, Illinois. You can't lure me back to the cornfields with legal weed when I have it already next to much better scenery, lower state income taxes, and no tornadoes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BigDave posted:

Weekend reading list!
https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/incel-plastic-surgery.html#_ga=2.168799586.2126230462.1559052936-1583306866.1551800583
Incels are getting plastic surgery to get laid, but they still hate women.

Saw this the other day. Some choice selections:

quote:

The sight of certain women began to bother him. When a woman he hired turned out to be beautiful, he fumed online: “An 8/10 girl works for me since today. I’m going to dominate the hell out of her. Trust me, I’m going to kill her confidence.” Women with babies ignited anger, too. “Every time I pass by a pram, it fills me with disgust to know that she has ruined her body and chose to reproduce with another guy,” he wrote. Other users responded with gifs: angry WWE faces, a cackling Nic Cage. “Seeing women taking care of their sons is the only situation in which I don’t hate them,” agreed one user named Biebercel.

quote:

Truth4lie’s friends hated Chad, but they were also convinced their lives would improve significantly if they could somehow become Chad. They tried “gymceling” and “steroidmaxxing” (incel-speak for bodybuilding and taking steroids). They tried jelqing (penis-stretching exercises) and mewing (chewing hard foods to bulk up the masseter muscles, said by British orthodontist Mike Mew to augment the jawline). They tried pulling on their faces to reshape them.

quote:

What Is the Maximum Size of Testicular-Enlargement Implants?” The largest Eppley has done so far is seven centimeters in diameter.

We are sitting in his empty office on a Saturday when he shows me one. “You dissect the existing testicle out through a small incision,” he explains with a tinkerer’s enthusiasm. “Then we take our little wraparound. Clever design. Uh, it’s hard to describe.” Here he hands me a blob of gummy silicone. It’s too large for me to get my fingers around and has the texture of fine sand. “Then we put it back in. Point of the story is, you double the size of somebody’s testicles.”

Eppley’s not sure exactly why a patient would want testicles of dinosaur-egg size.

quote:

“I hope everything goes well and this will be a real change,” he wrote on the forum. “But where do I need to begin? I need women, lots of women, to make up for my miserable life. I need a new social circle, a new identity, a new life. I’ve been thinking of leaving my country. I want to live in hotels in tropical countries and live a playboy life there, only loving hot blonde European girls. I have the money, I have the freedom. I need to go and leave this goddamn rotten place, need to leave everything behind, my old life.”

“I think you are expecting too much from just some jaw implants,” replied another user.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Is the last guy notch?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Does the idea ever cross their minds that the reason why they aren't very popular with women isn't their looks, and is actually their lovely attitudes and philosophies?

I'm guessing that level of self awareness is beyond them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I'm super glad that passed. I moved back to Vegas a few months ago and hadn't heard much.

I heard absolutely nothing. I also don't watch the local news, which may have something to do with it. Sisolak vetoed the "electors will vote with the national majority" bill, too.

Edit: I think we need a highlight show for incels. Top 10 posts of the week or something. Because when they peak, it's amazing. But I don't want a full ESPN for them...it would just be sad most of the time.

Edit2: I actually can't even get through that whole article. Goddamn. Kudos to that doc, he fumbled his way into a goldmine.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 1, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

A Bad Poster posted:

Does the idea ever cross their minds that the reason why they aren't very popular with women isn't their looks, and is actually their lovely attitudes and philosophies?

It's a combination of individual mental illness (either inherent or acquired) and social influence that turns into a self-sustaining cycle. You can write whole PhD theses on the nature of this social phenomenon, and people have already. The short end of it is that it's an individual issue that is compounded by social influence.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

quote:

Mike, a tour guide in Austria in his mid-30s, has spent so much time on incel forums that he “doesn’t know anyone in real life anymore.” But he’s not technically an incel, he says: He’s slept with 50 women in his life, though only “10 percent were hot.” “An average man has to swipe about 114 times on Tinder to get one match,” Mike said when we talked on WhatsApp. On the forum, meanwhile, he has read about “how many matches and messages women get, even women with gross deformities, women with disabilities, morbidly obese women.”

This guy isn’t an incel, he’s just an rear end in a top hat.

And the comments, oh the comments. The very first one is by a guy who’s advocating for people to be taxed on their sexual activity :psyduck: Frankly, I do feel sympathy for these people who feel alienated and alone on account of their body dysmorphia, but if you’re a dickhead like Mike, maybe the type of facial rearrangement surgery you should be considering would be best done with 9mm JHP before you turn into Elliott Rodgers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I think it’s easier for them to treat the superficial stuff as easily solvable than the real poo poo like having genuine confidence in themselves.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

quote:

Eppley’s not sure exactly why a patient would want testicles of dinosaur-egg size.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I mean, yeah. It's pretty obvious by this point

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This guy isn’t an incel, he’s just an rear end in a top hat.

And the comments, oh the comments. The very first one is by a guy who’s advocating for people to be taxed on their sexual activity :psyduck: Frankly, I do feel sympathy for these people who feel alienated and alone on account of their body dysmorphia, but if you’re a dickhead like Mike, maybe the type of facial rearrangement surgery you should be considering would be best done with 9mm JHP before you turn into Elliott Rodgers.

Incels aren't just guys who don't gently caress. It's guys who subscribe to an entire ideology about how the feminist conspiracy has destroyed video games, society and their lives. They reassure each other that they have no hope of ever having a relationship and reinforce that the only way out is suicide or "striking back." They worship Elliot Roger and they are the guys who shoot up a yoga studio every few months or run over a bunch of people.

In short incels are indeed assholes.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

From the little ive paid attention to them they think that its only their looks holding them back because they see jersey shore and think its real. They see the lovely douchebag attitude protrayed in media and think thats how bulked up rich guys actually attract women, or just their money. The fact that "maybe a woman's purpose isnt to only ride your dick" never crosses their mind has nothing to do with why women find them repulsive

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
It's defective personalities / mental illness, and it's always bad news when such people link up with each other and join forces but sadly the internet is like 90% for doing exactly that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stravag posted:

From the little ive paid attention to them they think that its only their looks holding them back because they see jersey shore and think its real. They see the lovely douchebag attitude protrayed in media and think thats how bulked up rich guys actually attract women, or just their money. The fact that "maybe a woman's purpose isnt to only ride your dick" never crosses their mind has nothing to do with why women find them repulsive

Or the flipside of this, they see all the movies where the persistent nice guy eventually wins the girl, and they get frustrated that they aren't getting their dicks sucked for being a somewhat decent human being. A lot of it boils down to not being able to separate reality from fiction, which to be fair is an extremely pervasive problem in our stupid hairless ape species.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BigDave posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2017-09-21/nestl-makes-billions-bottling-water-it-pays-nearly-nothing-for?src=longreads
Nestle is buying up access to water springs wholesale for virtually nothing and privatizing them.

I'm kinda surprised that the few incel weirdos get all the attention, when this poo poo is imho much worse.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Torrannor posted:

I'm kinda surprised that the few incel weirdos get all the attention, when this poo poo is imho much worse.

It is worse, by far. But it's basically 'rampant capitalism continues to run amok, news at 11'.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Eyes Have It posted:

It's defective personalities / mental illness, and it's always bad news when such people link up with each other and join forces but sadly the internet is like 90% for doing exactly that.

The internet indeed makes you stupid.

Torrannor posted:

Nestlé is the only company I've sustained a boycott on for basically my whole life.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

What Is the Maximum Size of Testicular-Enlargement Implants?” The largest Eppley has done so far is seven centimeters in diameter. 

We are sitting in his empty office on a Saturday when he shows me one. “You dissect the existing testicle out through a small incision,” he explains with a tinkerer’s enthusiasm. “Then we take our little wraparound. Clever design. Uh, it’s hard to describe.” Here he hands me a blob of gummy silicone. It’s too large for me to get my fingers around and has the texture of fine sand. “Then we put it back in. Point of the story is, you double the size of somebody’s testicles.” 

Just want to point out that as these implants wrap around the existing micro-testicle, they can do nothing to help John Ratcliffe, noted non-testicle-haver.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1134876525231333379

ayyyyyyyyy lmao

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Nestlé is the only company I've sustained a boycott on for basically my whole life.

You certain about that? There's a ton of stuff you might not know are made by Nestle. https://www.nestle.com/aboutus/overview/ourbrands

:capitalism:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Fister Roboto posted:

You certain about that? There's a ton of stuff you might not know are made by Nestle. https://www.nestle.com/aboutus/overview/ourbrands

Nescafé is everywhere in Africa and everywhere else in the developing world and it’s impossible to loving get away from it. Nescafé is a synonym for instant coffee even if it’s not made by Nestle.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

https://twitter.com/homelanddems/status/1134518591565508613?s=21

I think we’re reaching the point where mass civil disobedience is required to not be culpable.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Fister Roboto posted:

:toot: I haven't bought anything from any of those brands in probably a decade.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Motherfucker I can't escape the grasp of nestle. Frank and Beans' food is made by Purina Pro Plan. Frank gets freshpet mixed in. They're still good, right?

shame on an IGA posted:

Just want to point out that as these implants wrap around the existing micro-testicle, they can do nothing to help John Ratcliffe, noted non-testicle-haver.

At most that man gets those chiming therapy balls frequently sold in asian owned tobacco stores.

The weight will slow down his running from war widows and the chiming will constantly give away his location.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Fister Roboto posted:

Thanks to shopping at Costco, making my own meals, and going on a low carb diet, I don't eat any that poo poo anymore!

I say this as I drive a gasoline powered car, eat meat that was almost certainly not produced ethically, and use credit cards that are underwritten by the same banks that loan money to Nestle, thus keeping them in business and financing their eventual takeover of everything free and essential to life.

This is hellworld, and there's no escaping it. :capitalism: indeed.