Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'll take the snowblower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The VW bus no contest. I so regret not having mine anymore and now they are stupid expensive.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The '81 Trans Am with t-tops is the one for me.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

VW

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/related/inflation-calculator/

Surprised they wanted $8K for that Topaz. I think you could buy a new one for that price then.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Hard pass, genie. (But probably the Toyota 4x4 for best offer of $5)

My longest drive is 17 hours, Cincy to Denver in 2009 or 2010. It was brutal but I didn't do it alone at least. Sorry, flyover states, but goddamn we just wanted to get that part of the journey over with. Rest of the 3 week road trip out west was fun.

Ended my long weekend yesterday driving home another 9 hours and got in around 10:30pm. It was about 9.5 hours on the way up due to construction but smooth sailing coming home this time. I came to work today because I didn't have poo poo planned to do today anyway and figure I can sleep walk through a day of work rather than burn a vacation day being lazy. I'll burn the day later when I have something better to do and when I'm not sore as hell.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Reasonably-priced high-quality socks: Gold Toe, or ???

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Forgot to note: my 25-year-old JL Audio 10W-whatever sub finally poo poo itself:

Had the trunk open getting out the trailer ball mount and wiring, and noticed it buzzing at a volume it shouldn't be buzzing at.
Bummer. Guess we pushed it too hard. Frankly, I was surprised it didn't disintegrate immediately when I pulled it out of storage.
Now I need to find another 10" or 12" sub that like 1.5 cu.ft. Or just build that AutoTuba folded horn thing if it'll fit back there.

edit: It still sounds surprisingly good as long as you don't turn it up to "stun".

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I tried the pizza dough recipe posted last month. None of us were super impressed by it, but I think we're going to try it again later this week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

Dress or gym?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Dark souls is so fucken good

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Adiabatic posted:

I'll take the snowblower.

kinky.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dagen H posted:

The Iron Duke-powered Spirit is right in my wheelhouse (I've owned two).

lol, I didn't know that's the engine it had. Tell me Spirits are slow but durable at least

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
There's a black xjr-s at the pick and pull. no one has touched it because lol anyone with a v12 jag pays gently caress you money to keep it going, they get new parts.

Save me, I want it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

There's a black xjr-s at the pick and pull. no one has touched it because lol anyone with a v12 jag pays gently caress you money to keep it going, they get new parts.

Save me, I want it

Devil on your left shoulder: do it, you deserve to drive a V12
Angel on your right shoulder: do it, you must save it

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Dagen H posted:

As someone who is hard on socks, the Under Armour crew socks I got years back from TJ Maxx or equivalent scumbags are really nice and have lasted forever.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

Devil on your left shoulder: do it, you deserve to drive a V12
Angel on your right shoulder: do it, you must save it

As someone who bought a British V12 that was immediately a pain in the rear end and has been in the shop more than in my driveway, I have to recommend that you get it it's so worth it oh god what's wrong with me. :shepicide:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

As someone who bought a British V12 that was immediately a pain in the rear end and has been in the shop more than in my driveway, I have to recommend that you get it it's so worth it oh god what's wrong with me. :shepicide:

I've been seriously tempted by them, and thinking about a sheet metal manifold with a holley sniper on it to get rid of like 80 vacuum lines.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Elviscat posted:

As someone who is hard on socks, the Under Armour crew socks I got years back from TJ Maxx or equivalent scumbags are really nice and have lasted forever.

Thanks for the tip! My wife is an UA whore, so maybe she's got coupons or something.

Rhyno posted:

Dress or gym?

Casual, all-around.

Nebakenezzer posted:

lol, I didn't know that's the engine it had. Tell me Spirits are slow but durable at least

The rear springs are 3 leaves thick and 4 feet long. Breakage often ensues. However, the rear fenders are wide enough to tuck G60-14 Kelly Super Chargers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Powershift posted:

I've been seriously tempted by them, and thinking about a sheet metal manifold with a holley sniper on it to get rid of like 80 vacuum lines.

You can't not do this now.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

IOwnCalculus posted:

You can't not do this now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Save me, I want it

Buy it, LS swap it with a dirty great big supercharger and use the V12 as a coffee table. More reliable and cheaper in the long run

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I bought a cheap motorhome 6 weeks ago and am about to try and sell it for a lot more than I paid for it (if it will stop raining for long enough for me to finish photographing it). Wish me luck!

(If I get anywhere close to my asking price then the day rate for the work i've put in on this thing is going to work out as about twice what I earned doing real work)

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Nebakenezzer posted:

A game: one car via magic

So here is the ad for a local dealer out of a Canadian 1985 newspaper that a genie shows you. The genie (it's complecated) says he will go back in time and deliver you the car you want to buy, according to these rules:

1. You can buy one car
2. You are buying it sight unseen
3. You have to pay the asking price (the genie finds bargaining tedious)
4. The asking price will be transmuted to the 2019 value via inflation (the genie probably could get around this, but apparently this is a much bigger ask than time travel and returning car-sized objects to the present)

So, which one car would you buy?

I'd buy the 79 Nova.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dagen H posted:

Thanks for the tip! My wife is an UA whore, so maybe she's got coupons or something.

Casual, all-around.

I really like the Nike basketball socks, a bit expensive but you can find them at outlet stores. It's worth it because they are high quality and last a really long time. I still have the first pair I bought years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/NIKE-Unisex-...=gateway&sr=8-4

Vans socks are also pretty good.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
So, this came out today:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-cant-buy-vws-best-seller-and-its-the-wurst-11559495613 (yes, I know it's paywalled) 6.5 million wurst, 6.2 million cars.

Alarbus fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 4, 2019

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Powershift posted:

I've started bullshitting with a friend about what exactly it would take to squeeze it into the back seat of an integra. Seems reasonably doable outside of the electrics. No idea where to start with that.

I want to make the MR2 we wanted, not the MR2 we got

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
*calls insurance* yeah it's totally a stock integra why

No its the coupe it doesn't have real rear seats

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
The 427 Corvair for a new generation

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

There's a guy in Powershifts city who crammed a 4.2L Audi V8 in the back of a SW20.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe our "making the V12 work" and "X-90" discussions need to get together.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Powershift posted:

Maybe our "making the V12 work" and "X-90" discussions need to get together.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Dark souls is so fucken good

I've played Dark Souls 2 through at least 15 times. But all the games are great.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Where are you located?

I like the way you think

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I know very little about electronics, and I'm not interested in it as a hobby, but for some reason I can't stop watching Mr Carlson's Lab.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1996-suzuki-x90/1437952814?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

:ohdear:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Dammit, Canada. Too far to load up in a fiesta.

I'm gonna keep dreaming, unless you want me to pull the motor and freight it to you

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

I know very little about electronics, and I'm not interested in it as a hobby, but for some reason I can't stop watching Mr Carlson's Lab.

He made me spend money on an oscilloscope. I don't even know how to use it. :(

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Seat Safety Switch posted:

He made me spend money on an oscilloscope. I don't even know how to use it. :(

You know what to do.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Dagen H posted:

You know what to do.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A V/DIV DIAL. ITS CHANNEL 1 @ 0.2V/sq AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, QUESTIONABLE 1980S SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY. I SET EVERY TRIGGER AND I SET EVERY TRIGGER HARD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gaming online is funny, you can totally pick out the kids because they are raging, I'm too old to give a gently caress lol.