Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

Dark souls is so fucken good

I've played Dark Souls 2 through at least 15 times. But all the games are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

fridge corn posted:

I'm playing through the first one for the first time

Nice. Talk about finding a great "Wow this new artist/author I just learned about has a huge catalog" set of games you'll be enjoying for a long time.
Speaking of, I just finally read some Martin Amis and now I'm hooked. ("Money" to start, now reading "Lionel Asbo")

Fender Anarchist posted:

Dark souls is VERY good, I've got a Big Fucken Sord as my main, a sorcery build I'm running for co op with a friend, and a gimmick boss order cheese build.

Need to make time to play again, it's so loving good

I can't keep myself from immediately doing gimmick naked runs to get the Gravelord Sword/kill the boss that gives you the best headgear in the game within the first 5 minutes of any new run.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

Meh, you can get killed minding your own business on the road, too. (ridiculous rear end in a top hat driver obliterating traffic at about 2:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRxup0WhMo

This fucker is getting 25 years minimum in state prison. RIP that innocent driver, jesus loving christ.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I can't hear you over the wicked semi auto return fire I'm putting on this A-10 Warthog that's currently annihilating my position, loving government overreach, but I think me and the militia have this

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

everdave posted:

In other news I don’t care what anyone says funerals and the $$$ is a giant scam.

My extremely sick dad (two different types of terminal liver cancer despite being a non-drinking, non-funhaving person who biked 20 miles a day his whole life) died en route from my uncle's cabin in Wisconsin to the Mayo clinic in Minnesota and died 3 minutes into the Great State of Minnesota, where you can literally throw someone in a dumpster and call it good. Saved his estate $5000 and was so typical of my dad being a cheapass, we all laughed about it.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Any reason my sister should avoid buying this 2016 Volvo XC60?
https://madison.craigslist.org/ctd/d/madison-2016-volvo-xc60gas-saversuv-235/6914367803.html

She wants something large enough to haul around her 10 year old kid and large dog and other kids and sports junk and kayaks and stuff, and lives where it snows 9 months a year so thinks she needs 4WD.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

meatpimp posted:

That's a lot of miles on a '16. Check the history. Get a warranty included.

Thanks man. That was sort of my thinking, I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with it and it sounds like they're not generally basketcases, so I'll pass this along to her and let her make her own mind up.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Is there alien life? Yes

Do dipshits on the joe rogan show know anything about it? No, because they all skipped class in high school and that's how you become a right wing conspiracy loon, not to mention also because the universe is loving really super big so the chances of alien visitation of this galaxy let alone this planet is infinitely small.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcJHHU9upyE

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

chaibat posted:

Hey LAgoons, my daughter has a neurosurgery consult at children’s hospital LA this week and I’m looking for a decent hotel near Vermont and Fountain. I found hotel covell which seems close and decent, but I thought I’d check in with the thread to see if you have a different recommendation. She’s still not even 3 (turns 3 on the 4th of July) so I’m really hoping they don’t say she needs brain surgery right away. Very stressed as you can imagine, hoping to have a fun little distracting trip in Los Feliz, so if there’s any car meetups happening or fun kids stuff, please let me know, if you feel like it. Thanks.

Hope everything works out with your kid, I don't have any hotel recommendations but if you have 4 hours you absolutely should go see the Petersen Automotive Museum Vault Tour/the rest of the museum which is relatively close to where you are (it's down by The Grove).

The Vault is a must-see if you do get there.

https://www.petersen.org/on-display

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

ethnic food in irvine

For some reason it's impossible to get spicy Indian food in LA so I'll definitely agree with you on that one, but you dun hosed up by not going to K-Town for your KBBQ because you will likely find it to be better than Detroit's simply because competition breeds success and there's literally 4 KBBQ places on every corner for about a 8 block radius in every direction.

That being said, I can't say that 'grilled meat and pickled veg' is definitively better in LA than it is anywhere else in the country, the only foods that LA people will lay auto-claim to superiority are sushi (proximity to the ocean, long history of Japanese immigration) and Mexican. You will see a clientele that's essentially "Every K-Pop group you've ever seen" in Koreatown that you won't get in other places.

But I've had just as good autentico Mexican in Chicago/Iowa/the Midwest as I've had in LA, it's just a lot more common to find really good spots out here because there's 40x as many people.

Also there are a billion middle-eastern restaurants, but you need to be in the right neighborhoods in LA (Encino, Glendale for middle-eastern) to find the same diversity that places like Midwestern college towns do in a 4 block radius, and it's really hard to know where to go as a tourist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Those model apples in the bowl at the furniture store are delicious!