Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It was a Nissan Altima, and it killed the driver. That is some final destination poo poo, even on the off chance she happened to look in her mirror and see the truck, she would have had almost no time to react.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Was starting to feel sick on Saturday but I was the best man in a wedding across the country, the wedding and after party went from 6pm to 6am so I obviously woke up at 10am feeling worse than ever, then flew home to find the AC in my house stopped working while I was gone, and of course I also arrived home to a heat wave so it's in the high 90s. I have a guy coming at 9pm tonight, but if he needs any parts it won't get fixed until tomorrow at the earliest. Is there some amazing lifehack to making it tolerable to sleep at night when your house is still in the mid-80s? I was thinking of getting a block of ice and putting it in a try behind the fan in my room, but then fan is a little lovely one that I usually use more for white noise than actual cooling ability. Trying to sleep last night was brutal between the hangover, the jet lag, a bad cold, and the heat. If I didn't have dogs I'd just go to a hotel tonight.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

A window unit would be ideal but my house was built in the 1920s and the bedroom window is an odd size so they don't fit. It's dry as hell though, so I guess I'll try to build a ghetto swamp cooler with an ice block.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I ordered a set of Centric rotors off of Amazon, they were delivered Monday (haven't opened the box yet to see if they're the right ones, but the box is heavy as poo poo), now I just got an email from Amazon saying they're refunding me the money because the order can't be delivered. I guess I got a free set of rotors?

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I can't believe I have to even ask this, but any recommendations for USB-C cables? As dumb as it sounds, I need a USB-A to USB-C cable to charge my phone with my Anker battery, but these cables suck and pop out of my phone if it's doing anything other than sitting perfectly still (ran into this trying to charge my phone as I was using it on a plane). Amazon has one they've ranked "best of the best" for $5.99, which sounds like a normal price, a Belkin one for $28 (!!!!), and lots of ones in between.

Maybe this Anker one for $11?

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 15, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Ordered some pads from PlaceForBrakes.com and they sent a shitload of swag with the pads, but my favorite is the brake pad shaped notepad.

I finally opened my box of rotors from amazon that amazon said couldn't be delivered, and it contained a pack of 5 of the same gasket for Harleys along with my rotors :iiam:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The plural of Lexus is Lexus. I'm not wild about it, but that's the official word by Toyota themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I just realized my new (to me) 2007 LS460 uses 9.1 quarts of oil, compared to my wife's 2003 GS430 only needing 6.1 in an oil change. The LS has a slightly bigger engine (4.6L vs 4.3L), but that's a lot more oil. They're only four years apart, did someone determine that using a lot more oil is helpful for engine life / emissions in that time?