Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I had an interesting argument with my boss today. He claims that GM's 3800 series engine is overall more reliable than the AMC 4.0 used in Cherokees and Wranglers. Numbers for 'reliability' are difficult to find for something like that but he did work for years designing pistons and testing engines, including for the 3800.

Is there any data to support either argument that isn't in some proprietary archives or something?

meatpimp posted:

Meh, you can get killed minding your own business on the road, too. (ridiculous rear end in a top hat driver obliterating traffic at about 2:15)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNRxup0WhMo

JESUS loving CHRIST

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

STR posted:

Cripes, I can't even tell what kind of car that really smashed up one is.

Think it's safe to assume the fatality was in that one.
e: well gently caress, what's left of her is visible briefly

I'll admit I was watching for a body, but I didn't see anything that was identifiable as a body, unless that weird shape in the backseat-ish area of the car was her.

edit: Must be, I think I can see a hand and a belt and a neck. No, uh, nothing above the neck though.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 5, 2019

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

STR posted:

He apparently has a pretty colorful criminal history.

Yuuuup.

Several of the comments mention the same thing and even where to look.

Dude it really loving bothers me that one minute that's a person, somebody with family, ambitions, needs...and literally a few frames later it's a chunk of meat.

Life and death are loving weird.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

The Door Frame posted:

Hey Rhyno, you used to work in a nerd store, any experience with bulk MTG cards? I have +10k I'm looking to offload, but the idea of individually cataloging, selling, and shipping that many makes me want to dump that responsibility onto someone else. Obviously I'd individually sell the rare and valuable ones, but any thoughts on what to do with the rest of the things?

cardkingdom buys cards in bulk. Not sure how their price would compare to selling them on craigslist, but its probably pretty comparable to selling them at a store.

Got anything good? I play and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

meatpimp posted:

I finally got around to changing the fuel filter in the Avalon. The fuel line nut was extremely tight and I wasn't able to get it to break loose from the top last year. I tried again today and couldn't get enough leverage to break it from the top, but I was able to get it from below. Yay.

It immediately ran better and it was easy to tell the trim/ignition map was way off. A couple drive cycles and it is running so much better, it's amazing. Who would have thought that a fuel filter would need to be changed after 20 years and 166k miles. :D

Man that reminds me, I gotta replace the Volvo's fuel filter. I bought the part, I think, eight years ago and have just been too lazy to put it on.