Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

You Am I posted:

Not to get into gun control and Americans, etc, but that's loving horrible that you need to do active shooter drills.

Try this: Toddlers in my son's daycare are given lollipops during drills at school, so they don't cry and give away their hiding places to hypothetical gunmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

And on top of that imagine being 74 years old. It looks funny as hell but at the same time you know it's a loving nightmare for that poor woman. Good thing she didn't asphyxiate on her own vomit, I sure as hell would have puked and choked to death in that situation.

Nah, inertia would have propelled it straight out, no chance to aspirate.

... until 360 degrees later when you ran back into it.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The best Ferrari Spyder is the Daytona Spyder :colbert:

Never heard about the Testarossa Spyder so I looked it up and holy poo poo

https://www.motor1.com/news/186060/meet-only-ferrari-testarossa-spider/

How in the gently caress?

I really hope someone here knows.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Lord Stimperor posted:

Toddlers

Active shooter drills

Toddlers

Active shooter drills

Yup.

And he goes to a Jewish daycare, which shouldn't matter but naturally now the US is a rising hotbed of neonazis and other antisemitic bigotry.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

STR posted:

THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo?!?

I was hired for overnights. Up until a few minutes ago, my schedule for next week was showing "see manager" (acceptable since the schedule doesn't actually post until noon). I was hired for overnights - 10pm-7am normally.

I have a 10am to 7pm shift thrown in. First shift of the week, and it's the one day we don't get a truck (we just work backstock on that day), but it's outside of my written availability. I can roll with it, but I'm gonna wind up dropping :20bux: on coffee to get through the day. I don't touch caffeine in general, so if I'm hitting coffee, you know I'm desperate. I'm hoping it's a fat-fingered AM/PM, we'll see when I look at the paper schedule tomorrow.

The rest of the week is all frozen - guess they were desperate enough to like me over there.

Nope. If you were hired for nights (and it's in writing), a day shift should be after discussion only, potentially treated like OT/holiday with a pay differential. If someone were hired with a written stipulation of dayshift only, no way an employer could casually throw in a night shift without the employee rightfully raising a huge stink, and the same should go with this.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Geoj posted:

This would be handled as follows in every state but Montana:

"Either you work when we tell you to work, or you can find another job."

Not if it's in his contract, it isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Liquid Communism posted:

It sucks. Source: happens every week.

Contract? In a retail gig?

Hahahahahahaha.

I think his OP said he had the agreement in writing.