Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

I’m hosed because that poo poo made me laugh, but I wonder what it was like? I mean how long could you stay conscious at that spin velocity and what the gently caress is going through your head as you just start spinning faster and faster knowing that you are strapped in and can’t do anything about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Residency Evil posted:

Why would rear brake pads wear out faster than the fronts? :psyduck:

I wish I knew! I’ve got an 03 suburban that gets up to 40k miles on the front brakes, 25k miles on the outside rear pads, and 10-15k miles on the inside rear pads. I’ve replaced the entire braking system over the years multiple times and nothing has changed its behavior. It drives and brakes fine so I just deal with it.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Darchangel posted:

Sounds like the brake bias is set a bit to the rear on yours, or the pads are slightly undersized for the application. If they’re using the same calipers and pads as the pickups, I could see that happening with more weight in the rear of a ‘Burb.

The most confusing part is that my in laws have an identical suburban that has perfectly normal brake wear. I made sure when I replaced the calipers, lines, rotors and pads all at once a few years ago that they were identical to my in laws’. Not sure how it compares to the pickups of the same vintage. If I decide to replace it all again in the future I will look at what it takes to use the brakes from a 2500 suburban.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

angryrobots posted:

World, I'm in SC. Doing October for the Halloween party, my kids favorite movie is Nightmare Before Christmas.

Also - just got called out again. :20bux:

My 5 year old daughter is in love with Jack Skellington so we went to Disney World around Halloween. You have to pay extra to go to “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” but seeing her face while she got to meet Jack and Sally was priceless. Highly recommended for kids who are Nightmare fans. Also get to see all the characters dressed in Halloween costumes which the kids thought was the best thing ever.