Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Home made truck camper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dagen H posted:

Thanks for the tip! My wife is an UA whore, so maybe she's got coupons or something.

Casual, all-around.

I really like the Nike basketball socks, a bit expensive but you can find them at outlet stores. It's worth it because they are high quality and last a really long time. I still have the first pair I bought years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/NIKE-Unisex-...=gateway&sr=8-4

Vans socks are also pretty good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Gaming online is funny, you can totally pick out the kids because they are raging, I'm too old to give a gently caress lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Remind me not to ever get hurt while hiking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhKZCy41g5w

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I hope that rear end in a top hat rots in prison for the rest of his life

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Modus Man posted:

I’m hosed because that poo poo made me laugh, but I wonder what it was like? I mean how long could you stay conscious at that spin velocity and what the gently caress is going through your head as you just start spinning faster and faster knowing that you are strapped in and can’t do anything about it?

And on top of that imagine being 74 years old. It looks funny as hell but at the same time you know it's a loving nightmare for that poor woman. Good thing she didn't asphyxiate on her own vomit, I sure as hell would have puked and choked to death in that situation.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been listening to a lot of pod casts while I've been working out, and Conan's podcasts make me laugh so much I have a hard time. Breaking out laughing while bench pressing isn't very safe :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The best Ferrari Spyder is the Daytona Spyder :colbert:

Never heard about the Testarossa Spyder so I looked it up and holy poo poo

https://www.motor1.com/news/186060/meet-only-ferrari-testarossa-spider/

quote:

Another bit of engineering ingenuity came in the form of this car’s five-speed manual transmission. It worked just like any other manual you might find in a Ferrari Testarossa, except for a button marked Valeo. Push it and the clutch pedal retracts like something from a Bond film and the gearbox goes into an automatic mode. Agnelli carried an old leg injury, so having an automatic supercar was very appealing to him. A similar modification was made to his Ferrari F40.

How in the gently caress?

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 7, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Red dirt country. It’s good for the soul

Yeesh, no thanks man. I like seeing some greenery in my environment, that looks like the surface of mars.

Plus that dirt must get everywhere, like up your rear end crack everywhere.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

I'm about to start a new job where I'm making real money here starting next month and I need to get a newish car that's reliable enough to get to work.

I was looking at getting a lease on a 2019 Corolla hatchback 6MT just so I can use that as a commuter workhorse and save for a fun project/weekend car.

Anyone have any experience with the newer Corollas? I test drove one awhile ago and really loved the interior space but I'm hesitant to buy a new car b/c I feel like they're all unreliable (unwarranted).

I was at a Toyota dealership recently and checked one out. I was surprised at how hilariously small the cargo area is, like I'm pretty sure the sedan has just as much if not more room in the trunk.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

64bit_Dophins posted:

Yeah obviously I'm going to look at it in person before I buy. I'm really just looking at the civic hatches and the corolla hatch. I was really impressed with both honestly. I'm getting a hatch more for looks than anything else though honestly. The cargo area is just gonna be the place where I put my subs.

I don't really think it's much of a deal breaker because the car is pretty nice, but it just took me by surprise. You'd figure a hatch model would have significantly more cargo room than the sedan but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Personally I'd go for the Civic.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

17.8 cubic feet vs 13 cubic feet. The first visual just gives you an impression of square footage, not cubic footage - you can stack all the way to the ceiling if needed. Folding the back seats down gives you 23.3 cubic feet, and there's no tiny opening to deal with between the trunk and back seat. I'm assuming it's like the Matrix, where the back seats fold flat with the cargo floor, or close to it.

Lol nope, not even close to the utility of a Matrix. The hatch opening is what really throws it off, it's comically small. guess you'd have to see it in person to get the full effect.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

STR posted:

The store also issues knee pads. Gel-filled knee pads. Best kneepads I've ever used. But fuuuuuuck my feet are killing me; I have some Reebok work shoes (slip resistant + composite toes since I'm using forklifts and power jacks) on the way, they should be here today. Mid tops, so a good bit of ankle support (they have a low top version that's styled much like a skate shoe, which is the type of shoe I normally wear, but it was steel toe instead of composite). Kinda surprised at how work shoes have finally started looking halfway decent; all the ones I wore when I worked in restaurants always looked like :10bux: Payless specials.

I'm a security guard and do a lot of walking. Asics running shoes have been the best so far, although the new Adidas with the boost foam are really good too.

Every type of "work shoe" I have ever used suck in comparison, but if you need a steel toe you don't have much of a choice i guess.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

That's probably my most shameful automotive work failure to date.

Ha, that's nothing. I once put gear lube in an automatic transmission :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Back when I was in the Air Force, I put gas on planes and back behind where all the fuel trucks were parked and storage tanks were there was an old tank of a truck filled with jet fuel for testing mobile fueling equipment, where the mobile pumps ran on gas powered engines. It's basically run on a loop coming out then back in to the tank. Well, once when two of our guys were testing the pumps, one of the hoses burst, spraying jet fuel everywhere. One of the guys hit the emergency shut off, and the gas engine backfired.....And it was the biggest fireball I have ever seen in person in my life.

Was pretty scary, I though for sure the guys at the pump were dead (they were ok but soaked in jet fuel), and we just kind of stood around in shock watching this giant fire for what seemed like forever, completely surreal experience that I'll never forget.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Never put that stuff into words. Whatever is coming, I'm sorry.

Lol, yeah Rhyno better knock on some wood if you didn't already. Congrats on your cool job tho man.

I like my job, unfortunately it doesn't pay very well, but I'd rather be in that position than making more money and being miserable because i hate my job.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T-Square posted:

I love losing sleep due to my dumb brain obsessing over hypothetical arguments with my family. Not looking forward to having to spend time with the family for Father's Day, which kinda sucks because my dad generally owns, but the rest of my family are assholes and won't stop needling me ever since they miraculously "discovered" that I was never a Republican about 6 months ago. My dad's a lifelong conservative, but he's mostly intelligent, not racist, and talks politics as little as possible. While the rest of them were whining and complaining (and still do) about me being a Democrat, my father took the stance of "I don't care which side you're on, as long as you're getting out there and voting or doing something. The rest of them turn it into a poo poo show though. A shining example, Mother's Day, the second time my girlfriend had spent time with my family ever.

Mother, to my girlfriend: "Well, I hope you're not a Democrat too, otherwise you'll be offended by all of the stuff we say."
Sister: "Don't worry, some day they'll grow up and turn into Republicans."
BIL, in the background, unrelated: "...but no, I'm genuinely happy they released the Obama Christmas tree ornaments, I really am! Now I can finally hang a n**** from my tree!"

I took that as our cue to make a hasty exit, and I'll save my girlfriend the trouble of having to listen to that garbage again for as long as I can.

I can't imagine being defined like that by your own family. Like that's all that matters? What "side" you're on? How about having some perspective on life other than politics, there's a novel idea.

Also if anyone I knew said anything like your BIL did I would call them out immediately and tell them to go gently caress off, family get together or not. I have zero tolerance for racism and cannot keep my mouth shut.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Was it a pit bull?

Around here every dog attack that ends up with someone being maimed it's a pit bull.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

T-Square posted:

The real crime was the prime rib that my BIL made though. He seasoned it with Lawry's. It was a waste of 22lbs of prime rib.

People still use that poo poo? What the gently caress. Salt and pepper people, salt and pepper.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just eat healthy food and typical food thieves won't bother. If there's a choice between chicken and rice, and pizza or sub sandwich guess what's gonna disappear.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

everdave posted:

Yeah the new accord sport is pretty compelling and deserves a serious consideration.

I have been busy, won a 19k mile Toyota Celsior oh and this, has 12k miles:

This is pretty rad, and if those wheels are real Watanabe's they are probably worth more than the car :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So apparently hanging drywall and lights in your garage makes it a paint booth?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah, I gotta vouch for Lexus too, great cars for the money without the headaches.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh poo poo did you get it?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

I think I am going to how can I not

P DREAM

How easy do the doors come off :q:

Looks like a keeper to me if you can do that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone here into UFOs?

Bob Lazar was on Joe Rogan's podcast, and his story is pretty crazy but believable at the same time. To think that the government might actually have this kind of tech is insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEWz4SXfyCQ

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

I can assure you that Bob Lazar has basically no credibility, and any cursory research into his claims will show that.

Ok....But isn't it pretty easy for the government to make someone's credibility poo poo if they want to? I mean I'm not saying I completely believe the guy but it could go either way.

Also with all the new videos coming out of military pilots encountering these things it makes you wonder.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fair enough, but honestly I wouldn't put it past the government or CIA or whatever being capable of completely erasing someone's past. Come up with any lovely thing the government has done to someone to gently caress with somebody's life and it probably wouldn't be too far from the truth.

Ultimately there is no solid proof of anything, so if the government is hiding something they're doing a really good job at it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

You're going pretty deep into :tinfoil: territory.

Yeah it sure is a stretch to think the government hides poo poo from the general public.

I’m not saying I believe they’re hiding alien spacecraft but im also not saying I trust the government either.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Has Joe hit his head too many times or just smoked himself dumb? I'm trying to remember a time when he didn't come across like a complete dipshit. He has the occasional amusing story but that's mainly because the people he chooses to hang out with around are awful.

Well to be fair I wasn't listening to Joe anyway (he admits he's dumb), I was listening to this dude's story and it just sounded so crazy so I thought i'd post the link.

Never heard of the guy before and had no clue there were such strong opinions about him. If anything it was entertaining at least :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

Joe Rogan is a CHUD don't listen to him

Whatever dude.

I don't listen to Rogan's podcats because of him, I listen because of the guests he gets on his show. If it was just him I wouldn't listen, neither would anyone else probably.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Lmao my brand new Honda I bought to make sure I wouldn't have any problems for the next ten years has developed an oil leak within the first 10,000 miles.

Ouch. Is it a common issue? Maybe it's just the drain plug gasket or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh geez, hopefully it's the oil pan.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

I mean it's under warranty though so who cares. Let the dealership sort it out and get a loaner.

Oil pan gasket isn't really a big deal, but if the front crank seal was leaking already I'd be worried about other engine seals leaking too.

Besides, the whole point of a new car is not having to deal with poo poo like that to begin with.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

This is the part where you drop it off at the dealer and have it fixed for nothing under warranty....right? Take a loaner and don't even waste any mental cycles diagnosing where the leak is coming from.

Lol yeah super easy and not inconvenient at all.

This is the reason I balk at buying new, what's the loving point.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sgt Fox posted:

Entered the 323 in a local car show this weekend. I made up some fake dealer window decals and taped them to the windows. Passed the car off as 'stock'. Opened the hood and then just listened while people wandered by and checked things out.

A few gems:

"See, look, it IS a factory car"
"Wow, $18K, no wonder these cars were never popular"
"Hmm, I never knew these had a V6, I thought they were economy cars"
"My grandma used to have one of these"
"What wax does this guy use?"
"No, its real, its a stock car"
"All this guy did was add a cold air intake, why is he here?"

Pretty much 95% of the people were fooled. The remaining 5% thought something was up, but couldn't pick out what. They usually defaulted to telling themselves it was the cone air filter or painted valve covers. It was fun.

I would have caught it but that's because I'm a BG nerd :v:

Pretty small percentage of those these days :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk posted:

To my mind it's more awkward, because it shows they don't know how to express themselves through humanity's most successful language. Chances are their parents paid five-six figures to send them to college where they could practice (or even study) this language.

I told him it was my first guess at a price, that I was happy to talk about it, and that I was sure we could come to an agreement.

Maybe I should text him asking for his address so I can mail him a participation trophy.

Or maybe get over it and move on?

No one has any obligation to "express themselves" to you just because you answered their add.

Lol this is my son and me

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jun 25, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

The longer your look into the abyss, the more comfortable it becomes.

Nothing matters, we are all just tiny specs on a rock floating in space.

hth

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

We're not even tiny specs. We're absolutely insignificant and probably code in something's simulation. Just turn the fucker off already, or go back to a previous save. This playthrough sucks.

If this is a simulation can I respawn and try again? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've never filled a tylenol bottle with gas, put the cap on it and then put the torch to it exploding it in high school metal shop class, I was a good boy :v: