Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Is it ok to open up to PMs ITT? Say hypothetically I have some bone stock AR furniture I want to offload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Seamonster posted:

Is it ok to open up to PMs ITT? Say hypothetically I have some bone stock AR furniture I want to offload.

Sssuch as?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Seamonster posted:

Sure, but with the caveat that it has to be a not actual firearm.

That said we donít read your PMs

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Oh Jesus no, it's not even pressure bearing parts, just a full set of AR carbine furniture (A2 grip, handguard, stock).

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

I have a hell of a MEC 8567N Grabber 12 gauge shotshell reloader bundle in Tucson AZ with tons of hulls, powder, and primers that got nuked from CL and Armslist is worthless. I will try setting up on this to see if a local person is interested! I have PM...

Milton
Jan 3, 2005

...but then they switched from the 1911 to the beretta but I kept my 1911 because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the rounds for the 1911...

I just posted an encore frame and barrel to the google group if anyone's looking to get into the single shot rifle/pistol game. Made a good hunting rifle but I don't really go hunting anymore and it's taking up space in my safe.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Can I be added? Editmail @ gmail dot com

Double edit: lol, I forgot that it won't change in the quote

Mambo No. 5 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 26, 2020

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Mambo No. 5 posted:

Can I be added?

Invited

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 28, 2020

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Thanks!

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Can I get an invite too?

REDACTED

JukeboxHerostratus fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 24, 2020

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

JukeboxHerostratus posted:

Can I get an invite too?

Dox me bro

Sent

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 24, 2020

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

Thanks!

E: and can you edit your post to hide my email please?

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

samesies!

e: thanks!

tranten fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 25, 2020

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Got you

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!

PMed ya... thanks!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Dude stop quoting people's emails.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Godholio posted:

Thanks, but his email wasn't notTodayISIS@gmale.comb

tranten
Jan 14, 2003

^pube

Haha I wish!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Obviously didn't even read it, just saw the format and was like "we just went over this..."

Serves me right for posting before coffee.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Thinking about selling the ASP. WSYTFR?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Godholio posted:

I almost did this very same thing, so don't feel too bad

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

infrared35 posted:

Cleopatra still kickin', eh?

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

infrared35 posted:

I don't know man, that seems like it would be a tough one to part with if it were me unless I really needed the money. Not exactly readily replaceable and wasn't it your dad's? But I don't ever sell any guns and I'm overly sentimental so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Final Blog Entry posted:

I don't know man, that seems like it would be a tough one to part with if it were me unless I really needed the money. Not exactly readily replaceable and wasn't it your dad's? But I don't ever sell any guns and I'm overly sentimental so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

It is tough. On the one hand, it was my dadís. But we donít really have any memories around the gun. He never shot it as far as I know, and I only shot it a couple times when he first got it. I havenít shot it since like 1991. And to me, thatís a big part of it. I never buy guns just to be safe queens. I buy guns to shoot them. I feel bad shooting this one because it is so rare. I do have other dad guns that I enjoy shooting, like the P7M8. So the ASP seems like a lot of money tied up that could go toward bills or emergency fund or down payment on a new car, which is probably going to be a thing in the next year or so.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

infrared35 posted:

It is tough. On the one hand, it was my dadís. But we donít really have any memories around the gun. He never shot it as far as I know, and I only shot it a couple times when he first got it. I havenít shot it since like 1991. And to me, thatís a big part of it. I never buy guns just to be safe queens. I buy guns to shoot them. I feel bad shooting this one because it is so rare. I do have other dad guns that I enjoy shooting, like the P7M8. So the ASP seems like a lot of money tied up that could go toward bills or emergency fund or down payment on a new car, which is probably going to be a thing in the next year or so.

Let me preface this by saying you know your finances best, do what you need to do, etc.

If you sell it (and from what youíre saying that sounds like itís probably a decent idea) you might consider setting the money aside as dedicated gun cash. Is there anything you actually want? Some bizarre .357 sig monstrosity that youíve never been able to bring yourself to splurge on? Some class you want to take but never could justify spending money on?

Personally I try to keep my gun money separate from other finances. When I have expenses gun poo poo gets put on hold but, but everything stays put. It helps me avoid drawing down my hobby to cover day to day stuff. I mean if it was life or death medical bills Iíd sell it all but absent that I donít want to put myself in a position where I canít rebuild.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Man, the ASP is one of my white whale guns but I doubt I could afford to give you a fair price for it given the current economy.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

infrared35 posted:

Do you have the sweet fake book too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4trmOFxuJw0#t=447s

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I wish.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Can I get an invite too?

e: Much obliged!

Plek fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 31, 2020

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Sent

chitoryu12
Apr 23, 2014

Where's a good place online to sell a blank gun? eBay took down my listing because "blank guns can fire projectiles from the barrel" even though it's top-firing and thus has a plugged barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

GB I guess?

«3 »