Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Captain Log posted:

Is this group only for things listed in our group classifieds? Or are sales listed on other sites alright? (Ebay, in this case)

From the Group stickied part:

quote:

Generally, postings should be gun related somehow or other, buying/selling obvious gun stuff. Unless it starts to create problems, you can sell other random stuff too, if you really want to give TFR first crack at it. Let's keep that to a minimum though, this isn't the place to set up your used xbox game and pokemon card shop thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I'm talking gun stuff. I just like to use my Ebay storefront when possible, because it protects my name and email.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

<>

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Sep 29, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I am talking maybe one item here and there. I mostly sell collectibles for nerds.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I’m selling a beater Colt Trooper MkIII in the classifieds.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I like turtles posted:

Basically, yes, post gun stuff from your ebays if you like. Try to avoid being overly obnoxious. If you make up a plurality of the posts on any given page or collection of pages mentioning your ebay stuff, maybe pump the brakes a bit.

Unless Cyrano has different feelings on the matter.

Just use your brain and some common sense. If you’re annoyingly and someone asks you to chill, chill. Otherwise just post.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

If anyone is in the San Antonio/Austin area and wants to buy my surplus .45 ammo or trade your 9mm for it, I posted a thread in the classifieds.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Can I get an invite?

best bale fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 1, 2020

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

best bale posted:

Can I get an invite? <snip>

I added you.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

The LGS didn't even bother to put my Sig in the case to try and sell it, so I took it back and put it up on GB:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880355358

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

fatman1683 posted:

The LGS didn't even bother to put my Sig in the case to try and sell it, so I took it back and put it up on GB:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880355358

Hope you left them an awesome review!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I put my IGFS Gen3 G17 up in case anyone is interested:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878449775

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

I have a Savage mkii that will shoot the balls off a gnat, but it's the Mako edition with a huge, heavy thumb hole stock. I want to use it for small game hunting, and have been looking all over for another stock for it that weighs a reasonable amount for anything other than bench shooting. Most are out of stock, discontinued, or more expensive than I'm after.

If anyone in here could point me to a mkii stock that will accept the heavy barrel and costs less than the $150 Boyd's, I will be overjoyed.

skrapp mettle
Mar 17, 2007

Gooch181 posted:

I have a Savage mkii that will shoot the balls off a gnat, but it's the Mako edition with a huge, heavy thumb hole stock. I want to use it for small game hunting, and have been looking all over for another stock for it that weighs a reasonable amount for anything other than bench shooting. Most are out of stock, discontinued, or more expensive than I'm after.

If anyone in here could point me to a mkii stock that will accept the heavy barrel and costs less than the $150 Boyd's, I will be overjoyed.

PM sent

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

My hero.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Would this be an appropriate thread to ask a ballpark 'value' for a gun? I know the value is whatever you can get someone to pay for it, but a ballpark would be good.

Yugo SKS M59/66

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Check out Gunbroker's advance search for completed auctions of the same gun. You may need an account, I cam't remember right now. SKS prices have gone up, afaik.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Listed two DeSantis Nemesis holsters for $20 each that I have never used. No idea why I own them, I've never had compatible guns for them.

Edit -

N3 - Paid and Packaged, tracking tomorrow.

G5 - Claimed, Pending Funds

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 27, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Please excuse my paranoid doofus rear end, this is the first time I've done the TFR Classifieds.

I sent replies to the interested parties through Google with my email client. I am in zero hurry, but I just want to make sure my messages got through.

If the buyers didn't get the messages, hit me up. Otherwise, no worries!

I've already got a Domo Friend selected for each holster. They will guard them in transit.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Just put up an as-new-in-box IAI Automag III (.30 Carbine pistol) on gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885894969

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

infrared35 posted:

Just put up an as-new-in-box IAI Automag III (.30 Carbine pistol) on gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/885894969

Also I love the scare quotes around "SAFETY WARNINGS"

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

And you're selling it because it's not in .357 SIG, admit it.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Cyrano4747 posted:

And you're selling it because it's not in .357 SIG, admit it.

It's true. I don't even reload .30 Carbine.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

I tried to reply to a couple of ads last night and the only option available was reply all, I couldn’t message the sellers directly. It was my first time looking at the group in a long time, is that a permissions thing or something on my end?

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Forum Hussy posted:

I tried to reply to a couple of ads last night and the only option available was reply all, I couldn’t message the sellers directly. It was my first time looking at the group in a long time, is that a permissions thing or something on my end?

Do you get the emails to your inbox or were you browsing the group directly?

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Ceros_X posted:

Do you get the emails to your inbox or were you browsing the group directly?

I do get the emails but this was after clicking through to the group itself.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Forum Hussy posted:

I do get the emails but this was after clicking through to the group itself.

I think reply all just makes it a post on the page, and reply to author makes it a pm? Either way I just checked and I cant use the reply button either.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

TFR,

Been a minute since I posted here. Living in a rural area where guns are a cultural and partisan touchstone has really turned me off the shooting hobby. I have a gently used (not even 100 rounds) SiG P229-1 9MM that I'm trying to get rid of, probably just going to offload it on one of the many local gun shops since I'm moving here soon. It seems to be a pretty baseline model, night sights but standard grips and finish. I'm trying to price it out - a quick scan of sellers brought me wildly divergent pricing. The big box MSRP was $1200 at Cabela's, although I've seen .40 S&W variant used going as low as $530, although they didn't say how "used" they are. Average seems to be $850 online.

Thoughts?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Lots of the .40S&W guns you'll see are cheap ex-cop guns because of departments moving off .40. That means they tend to be a bit cheaper than normal.

Here are my rules of thumb for a basically NIB (lightly used) gun:

You're going to get about 80% of the price of a new one selling it in general. Gunbroker or face to face with someone you meet on a forum etc.

You're going to get about 30-40% of the price of a new one selling it to a gun shop or a pawn shop.

Now where things get odd right now is that gun prices are kind of nuts due to everyone buying anything they can get. Still, assume you'll get about 30-50% of what you could get for it from a person if you sell it to a shop.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

I would go to Armslist.com and register for an account. Pay the $8. Take some really good pics (this is key) and list it for 70-80% of the gun's new value. List an email address in the ad.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

All good stuff, thanks. I'll probably wind up Arms Listing it.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Anyone got any tips on what I should do with 1000 rounds of wolf 762x39 I got for free? I don't have anything that fires it. Normally I would get a cheap SKS or so, because it would be worth less than the ammo itself, but not really an option currently.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ddogflex posted:

Anyone got any tips on what I should do with 1000 rounds of wolf 762x39 I got for free? I don't have anything that fires it. Normally I would get a cheap SKS or so, because it would be worth less than the ammo itself, but not really an option currently.

Sell it. Ideally locally to avoid shipping.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Cyrano4747 posted:

Sell it. Ideally locally to avoid shipping.

I've never sold ammo before, what marketplace would you suggest?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Stand in the empty ammo aisle at any sporting goods store (tbh I don't really know)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ddogflex posted:

I've never sold ammo before, what marketplace would you suggest?

Wherever you sell poo poo normally except eBay. Local Facebook group, Craig’s list (I think they still allow ammo), arms list has local listings iirc.

Alternatively just put it in gunbroker and deal with hazard materials shipping.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

I'm getting emails from online retailers that ammo is back in stock. Why yes, let me just spend $599.99 for 1,000 rounds of 9 mm

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

When I click on the classified link in the OP it gives the error: Content unavailable Double-check the link, or try switching accounts

Has that link expired?

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Ashrik posted:

When I click on the classified link in the OP it gives the error: Content unavailable Double-check the link, or try switching accounts

Has that link expired?

It's a little on the fritz. If you want to join post your email in the thread and then edit it out once I or turtles sends you an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Ashrik posted:

Has that link expired?

Thanks for the error message text - I think I might have been able to fix this finally!