Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Captain Log posted:

Question -

Would it be acceptable to let people give this thread a bump when new stuff goes up on the google classifieds? I always forget they exist, and have missed out on some buys because of it.

I'm looking at you, TLR-1 I didn't need but surely would have bought.

I'd change your Google groups setting to email you when new stuff is posted - it isn't that much stuff usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

I am unloading a poo poo ton of gear on ArfCom. I may put it on the TFR group after I'm done but right now it is ARFCOM. I'll probably edit as I add more poo poo. $5 flat rate shipping.

Knights Armament Co Vertical Foregrip - $15
Grip Pod Systems spring loaded bipod grip - $45
Blackhawk! Coyote tan bungee sling - $15

Leatherman MUT (EOD version) - $78 shipped

Dawson Precision G34.5 Fiber Optic sights - $38

Larue MBT $75
Magpul MOE Grip - $12
Magpul K2+ Grip - $15
A2 Grip - $2 lol

Bootleg BCG - $165
Aero Precision 7.5" Factory Upper $300 stripped, $390 with BCG and CH

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 23, 2019

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

punch drunk posted:

I feel terribly dumb but how do I actually join this group? The link just brings me to a blank group page that comes up with "You do not have permission to access this content. (#418)" and I don't see any buttons to request or anything.

Google changed some stuff around, if you PM me your email I can manually invite you

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

ElMudo posted:

I'm selling off most of my milsurp because I really only shoot my AR and .22s:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipme...KS/131-1907913/

Please feel free to make an offer if something seems high; I haven't paid attention to milsurp pricing for a while and I tried to err on what I thought was the high side.

You really need to embed the pics on imgur or something, lot of people are too lazy to click links (or fuddy to understand drop box if milsurp collectors). You'll get way more interest with good, easily seen pics.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Captain Log posted:

Would it be appropriate for people to bump this thread when things get posted to the group? There has definitely been one case of my missing out on a buy because I didn't know new stuff was posted. Don't know if other people have that experience.

You can. But if you have email notifications turned on for Google groups you won't miss them. Like the LAW folder that was posted today KAC 300M buis, or some other cool poo poo recently.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

bulletsponge13 posted:

Is it ok to post a link with discount info in the Classifieds? Holosun has a Pro discount program a bunch of Goons might qual for.

Sure. You can also post it in the deals thread probably, unless Holosun doesn't want it publically posted or whatever.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Have a Knight's Armament Company 300M BUIS on eBay, couple hours left.

auction

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Oct 6, 2019

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Force de Fappe posted:

Haha, the fuckers on eBay won't let me sell a G3 handguard. Goddammit. Now what?

Also, could I join the Google group plz?

Send me a PM with your email and I will manually add you if the request membership isn't working.

I was able to sell those BUIS without incident on eBay, except for then holding my money until the sights were delivered, which was annoying.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

If you don't have access shoot me a PM and I can grant it, just need your email.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

JukeboxHerostratus posted:

Can I get an invite too?

Dox me bro

Sent

Ceros_X fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 24, 2020

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Got you

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Godholio posted:

Dude stop quoting people's emails.

Thanks, but his email wasn't notTodayISIS@gmale.comb

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

That Works posted:

My state just banned 80% stuff and the law / state gov has no provision to serial an unserialed lower that myself or lawyer friends can tell with enough surety to risk it. So I gotta sell some unused jigs and untouched lowers.

I'm in the classifieds group and have bought things through there a few times in the past. I cannot remember though, what payment methods are typically used / encouraged? Wanted to ask before putting up an ad.

Up to you what payment method you want to accept. Forum standard is PayPal G&S (make sure the buyer does not put anything gun related in the comments or PayPal will freeze your account) but I've also done Venmo, PayPal friends and family, CashApp etc. Depends on your comfort level with the person you are selling to etc as well.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

CBJamo posted:

I'd like an invite. thanks.

You are a member now

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

powers posted:

I'm an Austin powers fan hurf durf

I sent you an invite

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

I'd like an invite please. Mothman's Wolverine Prophecy @ gmale dotcom

Sent

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

You can also just post directly to the feedback thread in Google Groups

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Invite please?

Sent

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Captain Log posted:

Is this group only for things listed in our group classifieds? Or are sales listed on other sites alright? (Ebay, in this case)

From the Group stickied part:

quote:

Generally, postings should be gun related somehow or other, buying/selling obvious gun stuff. Unless it starts to create problems, you can sell other random stuff too, if you really want to give TFR first crack at it. Let's keep that to a minimum though, this isn't the place to set up your used xbox game and pokemon card shop thread.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

best bale posted:

Can I get an invite? <snip>

I added you.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

fatman1683 posted:

The LGS didn't even bother to put my Sig in the case to try and sell it, so I took it back and put it up on GB:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/880355358

Hope you left them an awesome review!

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Forum Hussy posted:

I tried to reply to a couple of ads last night and the only option available was reply all, I couldn’t message the sellers directly. It was my first time looking at the group in a long time, is that a permissions thing or something on my end?

Do you get the emails to your inbox or were you browsing the group directly?

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

I would go to Armslist.com and register for an account. Pay the $8. Take some really good pics (this is key) and list it for 70-80% of the gun's new value. List an email address in the ad.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Ashrik posted:

When I click on the classified link in the OP it gives the error: Content unavailable Double-check the link, or try switching accounts

Has that link expired?

It's a little on the fritz. If you want to join post your email in the thread and then edit it out once I or turtles sends you an invite.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Godholio posted:

Quoting his email address isn't doing him any favors.

Guess you didn't have your coffee again eh

But real talk, if you care Cyrano, there are quite a few people who didn't edit them out in this thread. I like throwing out virtual chaff for doxxers, myself. Also making up dumb email addresses.