Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

ought ten posted:

My question falls somewhere between this thread and the newbie question thread, but seems like this thread could use some exercise. I have a High Standard Duramatic I don't want any more. How do I get rid of it? I've never sold a gun before.

Do I take it to a gun show? A pawn shop? Are there sites that let you sell without an FFL (I let my FFL 03 expire)? I've seriously thought about a police buyback because I just don't know how to do this.

Compounding the problem of my ignorance is that it's not valuable, rare, or all that interesting. It's not in great condition. It's always had some feeding problems despite my best efforts. What I'm saying is I don't think anyone is going to leap to buy it.
If you want to deal - sell it to someone locally or on the net including GB.

If you don't want to deal - Find a local gun store that sells guns on consignment for 15-20%. It's completely worth it.

Given it's a Duramatic in not great shape it's worth maybe $250, on the high side. I'd just drop it off somewhere and wait for the check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.

College Slice

Putting several guns and ammo for sale in the google group for Denver area folks.

Done.
1950s High Standard Sport King
M44 matching mummy wrap
Colt Officers with Roper sights and cockeyed hammer

Sten Freak fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 6, 2020

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

College Slice

Peeches posted:

I saw you are selling ammo,
Can ammo just be sold to random people, or do I need to look laws in my state ( MI)? Can I trade ammo to people?
All the x54r ammo left earlier this morning.

But you reminded me I have a bunch of Tokarev ammo to list.

Most states have no restrictions on selling trading or giving ammo away. Shipping requires a special label on the box and typically UPS ground. Itís heavy so itís expensive. A few states have restrictions. MI probably has none but just a guess.