Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Cyrano4747 posted:

Alternatively get a box that more or less fits the laptop you are shipping and put poo poo around it to protect it. It probably doesn't need to be encased in foam like it's a fabrege egg, but just poo poo to make sure it doesn't bounce around and get hosed up. Think firm but light (to save on shipping weight issues). Wadded up newspaper is my first thought.

I work in shipping and we do this for intercompany beater laptops. So far so good. Also, ditto on the stickers tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Can I be added? Editmail @ gmail dot com

Double edit: lol, I forgot that it won't change in the quote

Mambo No. 5 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 26, 2020

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Thanks!

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Dead Birds Society

I wish I had that kind of dough!

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Dead Birds Society

How does the feedback thread work? Reply all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mambo No. 5
Feb 24, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Check out Gunbroker's advance search for completed auctions of the same gun. You may need an account, I cam't remember right now. SKS prices have gone up, afaik.