Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
WHAT IS GROVER?

Grover Is a neural network named after an esteemed forums poster which allows you to peak into realities far more cursed than our own. It uses a far more advanced neural net with far more parameters and layers than current text completing options on the net, and thus won't spam you with housing ads due to being trained on real genuine news.

WHERE IS GROVER?
https://rowanzellers.com/grover/

HOW DO I USE GROVER?
Write a headline, probably get rid of that nytimes url, then hit generate on the article body.

SHOW ME THE CONTENT

quote:

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has signed a bill that allows the owners of Arena Networks, the Electronic sports team Faze Clan, to build an Esports Arena that will replace the current 9/11 Memorial. The new arena will serve as a replacement for the 9/11 Memorial.
This is good news for the e-sports community. The current World Trade Center site remains vulnerable to “manmade or natural disasters”, adding an ECS arena at the current site will provide stability and security during the World Cyber Games. The team has been working with state officials and WTC developer Larry Silverstein to figure out how they can benefit the community by creating these type of projects.
This seems a win-win for everyone, especially for area families that lost loved ones on 9/11. This ECS arena will not only generate new jobs for people who want to work on these large commercial projects, but will also bring hope to the future of gamers who will eventually have a competition arena of their own.
It’s safe to say, this is the right thing to do.

quote:

The Venezuelan President, Juan Guaido, has announced that a new canal will be built through the country through a plan that could be financed from the China-funded Belt and Road Initiative. The plan would involve an international consortium to build the canal and even diversify Venezuela’s currency to Chinese yuan.
In an address before the youth and civil society in Venezuela on Friday, the chief opposition politician from the international community extended an invitation to Bolivia, Mexico, South Korea, Japan, Italy, China, and Germany to participate in the plan and to join forces with the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America (ALBA) in order to establish a new maritime route that could be used to trade goods between Venezuela and other countries.
Venezuela, a founding member of ALBA, has long denounced China’s involvement in its national economy.
Upon the inauguration of the new canal, Guaido said that his plan will see the country building a series of transport corridors and infrastructure projects in order to align it with its neighbors in Latin America and the Caribbean and open up a new way of international trade.
He added that China and other South American countries have expressed an interest in cooperating with the plan, which will allow Venezuelan exporters to strengthen their presence in the international market.
The project could also be linked to the recently revitalized Venezuelan Bolivar.
A new international currency pegged to the Chinese yuan could then also be made to mark the plans.

quote:

Russian Natural Gas Exploration in the Arctic "Key to Europe's Energy Future" says Brussels
BRUSSELS, June 1 (Reuters) - Russian Natural Gas Exploration in the Arctic and the recovery of Europe's lost energy potential "will be key to the EU's energy future", the EU Commission said in a document ahead of its meeting next week.
In the document, seen by Reuters, the European Commission stressed that energy policy to ensure climate stability was central to its priorities.
"But this cannot be at the expense of supporting European competition and innovation in the oil and gas sector. The EU should capitalise on the existing competitive advantage over other regions," the Commission said.
"There is a need to strengthen Europe's future energy policy priorities in areas that promote competitiveness as well as the importance of sustainable climate targets to ensure stability and predictability for investors, consumers and producers, as well as important to climate change objectives," it said.
The document is part of the Commission's agenda ahead of a meeting of its Energy Council on June 6 and 7, ahead of a major meeting of oil ministers and EU ambassadors on June 6-7.
Among the topics on the agenda are a series of paper on issues related to shale gas exploitation, the price of energy in Europe, how the EU would tackle the widening production gap with other regions, and energy security, in particular from the Middle East.

Have fun and enjoy your factory made fake news, posting your headline is optional but preferred for learning purposes.

JuulPodSaveAmerica has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Jun 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
POTUS praised his “high-quality” penis as “one of the most beautiful.”

During a campaign rally on Friday night, President Donald Trump expressed confidence in his manhood and told a crowd of thousands about the potency and beauty of his genitals.
In an apparent reference to his heated discussion on Twitter with former Secretary of State John Kerry, where the former politician called him a “certified liar,” Trump said that while his penis is “not the biggest” or “the strongest,” it is one of the “most beautiful.”

“It’s not like yours,” he said to loud cheers. “Don’t quote me on that, but it’s not like yours. It’s a high-quality instrument.”

As he continues to go down on the topic in the speech at the Ford Center in Auburn, Alabama, he then described the size of his penis as “very important” for two men of their respective ages.
Trump told the crowd: “He loves me” and “he loves you.” “I think he respects me and he respects women,” Trump said. “That’s why he calls me the warrior.”
Trump also elaborated on his sexual prowess and bestowed his best advice on men of all ages.

“If you don’t take care of yourself, then I need not do anything for you,” he said. “There are two kinds of men in this world. There are the men who take care of themselves and who take care of you. And then there are men who don’t take care of themselves.”

Trump continued: “Now some of you are gonna take my words as gospel. What I said about my penis, you know, I don’t care. It’s very simple, right? One of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen, but I’ve seen some pretty good ones. My job is to take care of the United States, so if I got out there and I said something like that, and I knew I was right, and I knew I was correct — I mean it’s something that nobody would ever say.”
By now, you’ve seen the original coverage of Trump’s speech — scroll through to see him reveal one of the more noteworthy parts of his now viral sexual commentary.
Read the full story at Newsweek.

Sing Along has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Jun 3, 2019

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012
Trump Goes Off-Script During Rally and Delivers 20 Minute Monologue Regarding The Oppression Faced by Gamers

Many on Saturday watched in stunned horror as President Donald Trump declared at a campaign rally that gamers are being harassed by “those creepy little people in [the] holocaust museum.”
“You’re not going to believe this, folks,” Trump began. “I’ve been hearing about this for a long time. I heard it the other day. I can’t believe, I’ve heard of this so many times, I can’t believe it’s happening again.”
Trump said he had been told about a worker in a “beautiful museum” in Los Angeles being beaten up and kicked after he tried to defend himself when a man in the building called him a “gamer,” a derogatory term for video game players.
“It’s the same thing with Japan and South Korea, or China. They abuse those little games, the video games, the kids,” he said. “This is terrible. And it’s getting worse. They are literally harassing these kids.”
The crowd—which was packed full of people wearing “Make America Great Again” hats—laughed at Trump’s comments, which he had completely gone off-script from his prepared speech.
“You are not going to believe this but the young man right there was beaten up and he went in,” he added. “You’ve seen it, he was beat up bad and this is a good guy. This is a young, good man. He didn’t do anything. These guys are left-wingers, they are nasty people and they are beating up these poor kids.”
Trump continued: “Now look, some will say, ‘Oh, he was really tough,’ you know? He was representing the video game industry.”
“I have to tell you the thing that makes me the most sad is the theme for that museum, the thing that gives me the most joy is the ones that didn’t come out better,” he said. “It’s the one thing in that whole museum that doesn’t have an entry, it’s the ones that didn’t come out. I mean, this is the real thing they’re looking at. These games that I’m talking about, these games are out there. Let me give you some facts. I’m sure some of you have seen this. … They are getting beaten by pedophiles, they’re getting beaten up.”
By the end of his speech, Trump had delivered a nearly 20-minute speech about gamer harassment, internet memes and violent video games.
Read more at The Hill.

Trump Goes Off-Script During Rally and Delivers 20 Minute Monologue Regarding The Oppression Faced by Gamers, claims "When you die in the game you die in real life."

President Donald Trump spoke for about 20 minutes at a rally in West Virginia on Friday night — a solid performance in which he repeatedly bashed the media, escalated the battle with the Democrats and spoke of his plan to deport immigrants who entered the country illegally at the border — but his most memorable remarks came when he began the last 10 minutes of his speech with an anecdote about people who play violent video games.
“When you die in the game you die in real life,” the president said, to a receptive crowd, which proceeded to chant “USA! USA!”
“I want to just say something about how the president of Brazil — and I have to tell you, I never heard of this president, the president of Brazil — but when they said he was going to win the World Cup, he said, ‘That’s like saying death — because that’s the only thing that gets rid of them,'” the president said, to an even louder chorus of boos from the audience.
Trump’s comments came after a tweet from his daughter Ivanka Trump last month in which she had warned of the dangers of violent video games to younger generations of children.
“I hear the age of consent in many countries is 12, why can’t we have that in the U.S.?” he continued. “The internet is full of terrible, horrible, violent, sexual things.”
The president then pivoted to his sentiments about the seizure of weapons from noncitizens who enter the country illegally and asked the crowd if they wanted to “stop families from being taken away from their children?”
“These are facts,” he said. “The people who build your trucks and your cars, these are people.”
The president also said he had told Fox News and that the network’s “meister,” Bill Shine, “told me he’s going to have a gigantic audience of people coming through the border with the caravan.”
Watch his comments below.
“The caravans are big and they are dangerous, they’re a big threat,” he said. “At some point we’re going to get there. But they’re dangerous, they’re very difficult to go after, and they’re just very, very difficult to get a handle on. They’re not, like, coming into over our border and being distributed all over the United States. They’re mostly going to Mexico.”

JuulPodSaveAmerica has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Jun 3, 2019

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Trump Goes Off-Script During Rally and Delivers 20 Minute Monologue Describing an Intense LSD Trip in Minute Detail

President Trump kicked off a rally in Pennsylvania on Friday by re-enacting how he hallucinated while high on LSD. The president told a story about how he decided not to run for president and traveled to a meeting with Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell, only to blow the deadline he had set for himself by heading upstate after meeting with a group of people. While there, Trump revealed that he had experienced quite the jolt of LSD when he returned to the hotel.

“I’d been going on acid, so I went out there and we went into the woods,” Trump said. “A woman comes running at me and all of a sudden this beautiful crystalline smoke came out of her vagina.”

According to Trump, it was a powerful drug that he experienced after ingesting a medication that had been mixed for him by someone else — an odd talking point he began using frequently as his 2020 reelection campaign gained momentum.

“It was amazing, it was so strong it went right up my butt,” Trump said. “It was amazing. This was back before I got to Massachusetts.”

The president said that he needed to experience LSD again and so he went to New York, to go through the “cereal crisis” as a result of sugar. But this time, he said, “I had such a bad trip on acid, it made me run upstate to Westchester.”

“It was beautiful, very beautiful,” Trump continued. “It was beautiful. It wasn’t beautiful until I got to New York. I couldn’t believe it. It wasn’t beautiful until I got there, and I had another great trip.”

Trump then dished out further tales, recounting a time he once heard that marijuana legalization would take effect but ended up sticking around in the White House to experience it first-hand.

“They called me up and they said, ‘Mr. President, once the whole country has marijuana, we will stop it. We won’t let you live,'” Trump said, dropping into what sounded like a detailed, rather lucid description of how his administration handled it once it became legal. “It’s so dramatic. It’s unbelievable to see how your life can change.”

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
FBI Invents Gay Weapon

In May 2018, the FBI published a press release announcing that they had invented a gay weapon. The agency had contracted Dr. John Shaffner, an internal medicine physician and friend of James Comey, to research and develop an antidote to an AIDS drug called tetracycline. The announcement made few waves, but there is no denying the significance of this achievement. After all, the FBI is the agency responsible for keeping America safe. It is normal for the FBI to research and develop all of the nation’s deadliest weapons. It is also normal for the American people to throw up their hands and ask: what kind of fools invented a gay AIDS antidote?
Well, not too many. The only caveat to the story is that the antidote was, in fact, provided by the Saudi Arabian government. Because of the complicated nature of the project, and the need to keep the project secret until it became public, the FBI provided no information whatsoever about its source. The story of the FBI’s discovery of a gay AIDS antidote, at first, was revealed by The Intercept, a website known for its critical coverage of the U.S. Department of Defense. The Intercept’s David Corn wrote a piece published on April 7, that detailed how the FBI’s scientists were initially worried that the product was too toxic to develop.
Interestingly, the Intercept’s reporting turned out to be flawed. After significant reporting by The Intercept on the issue, news outlets such as Gizmodo, Buzzfeed, and the Metro magazine all published their own pieces recounting the story of the FBI’s secret weapon, without citing the Intercept or providing any additional details. When The Intercept tried to clear the air on May 15, they published an update and a new piece titled “FBI Admits It Was Supposed to Develop AIDS Detox with… Saudi Arabia.” The new article explained that the FBI had actually sought out the money and support of the Saudi Arabian government in order to get the product developed and manufactured. That is, not the other way around: The Saudi government sought out the product, supplied the money, and made sure that the FBI had their backs when it came to trying to get it onto the market.
This is significant because, even if the FBI’s new product was indeed developed in collaboration with the Saudi government, that does not mean that the agency did not develop this product in the first place. In fact, the article makes it clear that the FBI had made a decision to stop pursuing this project earlier than they originally intended to, and that it was abandoned due to poor funding from the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the lack of a working prototype. That is, the FBI failed to develop a working AIDS antidote because the DOJ did not fund their effort. This not only reflects badly on the FBI’s leadership, but it speaks to the lack of competence within the Department of Justice when it comes to security funding. The publication of the article was clearly timed to discredit Comey — a leading theory is that the FBI was attempting to discredit the former director by implying that the agency had developed a product and then abandoned it when funds were not available.
Whatever the truth may be, the fact that the FBI is now facing a firestorm over its relationship with the Saudi government and its reported collaboration with that country in developing a gay AIDS antidote is indicative of a larger problem with the American intelligence community. Namely, the deep ties between the U.S. intelligence community and the Department of Defense. In the most notorious example of this dangerous alliance, former CIA Director George Tenet supported the invasion of Iraq, despite the widespread belief in the CIA that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction. When the CIA, backed by the Pentagon, then allegedly failed to tell President George W. Bush about this information, it led to the war. The consequences of such a failed partnership are illustrated well by the story of James Packard, the chief executive of SIGINT firm Packard Partners. In October of 2004, Packard was interviewed by the Washington Post’s Chris Matthews. Matthews asked Packard if he believed that the war on terror would be successful. Packard responded, “Absolutely, yes, of course, because they are working out their problems with the Saudis.”
As The Intercept’s reporting has clearly illustrated, American intelligence agencies have a relationship with the military and a cozy relationship with the Department of Defense that results in the agencies being able to look the other way when so many serious security issues are brought to their attention. It is only because we know about this abuse of power that we can begin to properly comprehend what the FBI did to get their AIDS antidote. American patriots should be proud of the FBI for their success with this anti-AIDS medicine, and for engaging with a group of people who are, for all intents and purposes, their

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
NCAA Opens Investigation of Texas A&M, Fisher

The NCAA has opened an investigation into allegations against Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies football program, it was announced on Friday.
The investigation stems from an ESPN report in April where a former Texas A&M football player reported that he was pressured to stay in school beyond his legal eligibility in exchange for scholarship assistance from Fisher, who was named head coach at Florida State. The player, defensive end Lorenzo Carter, alleged that he was offered cash from Fisher and alleged that he knew that he would lose his football scholarship if he did not go to school.
The report came during a turbulent offseason for the Aggies football program. According to the ESPN report, the school knew about the alleged bullying in the program and the university only intervened after three other athletes told the school they had also suffered emotional and physical abuse from Fisher.
Head coach Jimbo Fisher appears with quarterback Kellen Mond (1) and running back Trayveon Williams (33) during day three of the 2018 Spring Game at Kyle Field on April 15, 2018, in College Station, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)
The ESPN report came just months after the USA Today identified a host of recruiting violations for the school that would have classified as unethical conduct violations had they occurred in the past. Texas A&M agreed to pay former athletic director Scott Woodward $3.1 million in return for his resignation in November.
Fisher will head into his third season at Texas A&M next season. He is a highly successful coach in the college football community with more than 500 wins to his name.
The Aggies football program also stands to lose the third year of their home court lease with Kyle Field because of the ESPN report. While the school and the lease holder are in discussions with the school, Fisher could look to return to the old home stadium that he called home for nearly 14 years.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Trump Calls on Valve to Release Half Life 3, Threatens Sanctions

Two days after the start of his summit with Kim Jong Un in Singapore, U.S. President Donald Trump apparently pressed his luck with a tweet: He called on video-game publisher Valve to release the highly anticipated, long-awaited “Half-Life 3.”
“Hope the great Valve Corporation makes #HalfLife3,” Trump wrote. “When will they?”
He then added, “Disappointing that this hasn’t been done yet.”
Trump, who has been unapologetic about the importance of video games to violent tendencies in our society, has posed several other challenges to publishers in the past.
In 2018, Trump threatened to sanction the game publisher Bethesda, accusing them of devaluing the media by preventing players from playing their online Skyrim game offline. He implied that the company was censoring things they wanted to put in their games, telling Congress, “I could, as an example, totally, if I wanted to, ban them from playing their game.”
Trump has accused companies of being allies of CNN, asking if they put their games on Amazon. He has also called on GameStop, and threatened to sanction the company. “The parent company of GameStop, which is a very big retailer of video games, it’s a terrible situation for them, because they have to buy games,” he said during a rally in Indiana in October 2017. “They have to buy them in the lobby, because they can’t get them there.”
Trump’s approach to threatening industry players hasn’t always been bad, however. In February, he had said on Twitter that he thought NBA2K19, a popular basketball game, was “deliberately” anti-Trump.
Read the full story at TIME.
Related
Game retailer says it’s ‘surprised’ by video game industry outcry over edited Scarlett Johansson video
Twitter CEO says that it’s time to abandon the #Gamergate narrative
Finally, a historic social media victory for the women in gaming

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trump Deploys Gayest of All Bombs

While the nations of the world mourned and tried to come to terms with the events in Andorra the following day, the president of the United States sent them another reminder of what the United States looks like when it doesn’t play nice with their allies.
After the United States dropped the largest non-nuclear bomb on Afghanistan, over 700 people were killed and many others injured. After news of the attack began to spread it became one of the hottest topics on social media in both Twitter and Instagram, as well as Facebook. It was also reported that an aunt of Prince Harry received hundreds of thousands of flirty messages on Instagram following news of the bomb in Afghanistan.
The support the world gave for Trump’s decision to bomb Afghanistan is already trending now. While in the capital city of Prague today, as reported by MSN, Trump sent a more personal statement to his domestic and global base of support.
“Since becoming president, I have been one of the most outspoken and consistent advocates for a strong NATO, an open and strong borders policy, and an adoration of our most cherished principles,” Trump said during a press conference with President Andrej Kiska of the Czech Republic.
“We support NATO, and we support strong borders.”
I am so proud of the HEROISM of the Czech people during the most recent Passover Festival. We saw the greatest display of the 5th Commandment right before our eyes! #ItsOur5thCommandment pic.twitter.com/mG6S2XfyFj — Carl Strayer (@carlstrayer) April 29, 2018
Notably absent from the statement was mention of the regime change and very large civilian casualties in Afghanistan, instead focusing on NATO and borders.
“I have asked NATO allies to meet their defense spending obligations and I have committed the United States to do so as well. We support NATO, and we support strong borders. We want borders so strong that no nation will ever want to violate them,” Trump stated.
As one of the few countries that enjoyed an unopposed election, where Trump won the majority of votes on the first round of voting, the news he sent President Kiska is no surprise. His statement actually acknowledged the election he won, saying it showed a strong economy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trump: "I Eat Every Part of the Body, Except the Pussy. That poo poo's Gay"

The Donald Trump Twitter storm never lacks for enthusiasm. With his new favorite pastime of provocatively denouncing porn stars, Trump took to Twitter on Saturday to discuss sports championships. That is, the 2018 NFL Draft and the upcoming Wimbledon and Women’s US Open tennis tournaments.
In a series of retweets, Trump mocked ESPN for broadcasting the draft, and he also praised the NFL’s decision to ban players from participating in the national anthem if they chose to kneel. It was the president’s return to Twitter more than a week after his infamous — and disastrous — time on YouTube, in which he attacked individuals within the LGBT community.
He went on to claim that a female journalist — former Sports Illustrated Reporter Natasha Stoynoff — “knocked Donald Trump down” to make a controversial article.
Donald Trump is known for entertaining and enthralling his Twitter followers with fantastical tweets. In this case, he showed his love of bodybuilding, sports, and — what else? — himself by tweeting about having sex with full grown women. But there was a twist.
When it comes to actual bodybuilding, Trump isn’t exactly known for his stellar physique. A 2010 Fit Pregnancy article said that Trump’s “shredder musculature” came from his attempting to get fit for a role in a Home Alone film. In 2015, The New York Times described Trump’s bodybuilding abilities as lacking “brawn, thickening in places that usually don’t bulge, like the soles of his feet.”
It’s safe to say that there’s an unusual amount of “aggravating” that one might find in Trump’s tweets. According to The New York Times, Trump once publicly said that people he’s ever had sex with aren’t quite “pussy.” But having sex with a woman who is a full-grown woman who is not a porn star can be considered pretty “aggravating.”
Trump was not, however, the only person to respond to his tweets. America’s favourite professional wrestler, Ric Flair, also fired off a flurry of his own retweets, calling out Trump as someone who can’t move a body.
Vice President of Humanity Eric Trump — president and member of the nuclear weapons club at that — also did not refrain from commenting on Trump’s obsession with female bodybuilders.
“I eat every part of the body, except the pussy,” Trump wrote on Twitter.
One of the president’s children, Ivanka Trump, also had her own children in the headlines this week, when it was discovered that she had deleted photos of an unpaid intern from an issue of Vogue.
Read the full story at The Huffington Post.
Related
Protests erupt as Donald Trump attends the NFL Draft
‘The details mean nothing,’ Melania Trump responds to Nordstrom decision to stop selling Ivanka Trump clothing
Spicey’s ‘dirty jokes’: Ivanka Trump challenged by businessman on leaked phone call

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trump: "She Looked Like a Chunky Reese Witherspoon"

President Trump was fired up in another campaign-style rally on Saturday — this time in Tennessee. Among the many issues under the hot, white spotlight was the European Union and immigration.
During his opening statements of the rally — a campaign-style rally in which large signs bearing a slogan “Make America Great Again” were propped up against walls — Trump was particularly adamant about the economic importance of immigration, suggesting that the United States should not merely view people as a group of strangers but as individuals.
“Don’t forget, we took 2,000 very bad people who we brought from Central America. The people that can kill you and rob you and rape you up at will, the men, the women, the children, the violent criminals,” he said, alluding to the separation of migrant families at the Mexican border. “And that took place under a different administration. … Today, we’re talking about 2,000. They were great people, they were tough, they were from Mexico, they were from El Salvador, they were from Honduras, they were from Guatemala. We took them.”
His comments drew loud applause from the mostly rural audience at the Forrest City Arena.
“They’re rough and they’re tough,” Trump said. “They want to hit you. They want to slap you.”
In contrast, Trump said of the European Union, “We take great people, many of them are — she looks like a chunky Reese Witherspoon.”
“They didn’t look bad to me,” Trump continued. “They didn’t look bad to me, so that’s what you have to ask yourself. Now, did they look good to you?”
The crowd yelled that they did. “Don’t tell me they were just perfect,” Trump said. “I saw them and looked — they didn’t look to me like they had the potential to have the potential to be good.”
He then added, “We had a guy on last night. He gave me a break. And he really gave me a break.”
After reading off of a cue card, Trump had a new sports analogy for the immigration debate.
“What’s the word? The word is ‘interference’? I use that word every day, don’t I? It’s called collusion,” he said. “A woman was hurt, and I saw an airplane on fire. Then I left. I was just going around. Nobody saw anything. No one saw anything at all. And then I got back and I look at the place and then I didn’t see anything. I left and it was fully engulfed in flames. This is a big deal. This is a big deal.”

fake edit a better version of the same one

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton might be the first female presidential candidate to get called fat by a presidential candidate, according to Donald Trump.
The former president took a jab at Clinton during a roundtable on immigration held at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington on Thursday, just hours after Trump celebrated his first 100 days in office. Trump said during the event that while the United States is in trouble right now, Hillary Clinton "looked like a chunky Reese Witherspoon."
Well, this is how I roll. https://t.co/rhBvYYljj7 — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 1, 2018
Trump has long mocked Clinton, insisting that she is not attractive enough for her position. In 2016, he questioned her looks during a stump speech in Michigan.
A "fat president" is exactly what the country needs, Trump had been saying at the time.
He continued to make the case against Clinton that year.
"I don't know if she'd be as good a president as Jeb, but I think she'd be far superior, in my opinion," Trump said, referring to the Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush. "But look, I'm a germaphobe, but I could see myself sitting next to her, I could see myself. How's that for a comparison? Isn't she chunky? I don't mean that in a bad way. In a nice way. She looks like a chunky Reese Witherspoon."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trump: "I'm Gay With My Dad"

“I’m gay with my dad,” Donald Trump claimed in a 2010 interview with the gay publication The Advocate. “We don’t discuss that side of him too much. It’s awkward. He’s a bit of a lothario, it seems. Some guys don’t realize it. I would know—I’m gay. I’m gay with my dad.”
Trump’s comments came as a response to “My Dad, The Gayest Man in the World” magazine (who also asked him about his physical appearance), the Daily Beast reports.
The Advocate asked “How would you describe your father, Donald Trump?” Trump responded: “Long time married guy, owns a number of businesses, and doesn’t get any younger. Oh, and I’m gay with my dad.”
Trump graduated from George Washington University with a degree in business management. He later went on to serve in the Navy.
He worked as an executive for the Raymond James & Associates financial services firm, then began a career in real estate, forming the Trump Organization. The businessman served as the chairman of the board of directors for the President Donald J. Trump Foundation and had multiple businesses in the Trump organization.
It wasn’t until 2012, a year after he joined the Republican National Committee and became the party’s senior vice-chairman, that he would begin referring to himself as “a gay man.”
Trump has been dogged by the rumors that he is secretly gay for years. In 2009, he was reportedly spotted in a Hollywood “homo bar” with a man. Two years later, he was alleged to have asked for photo with three men at the Playboy Mansion.
Trump’s public slurs against the LGBTQ community make it difficult for people in the LGBTQ community to understand his brief claim of being “gay with my dad,” though he also infamously used a six-word epithet to refer to Hillary Clinton.
In recent weeks, members of Trump’s party have criticized his comments about the murder of a 10-year-old transgender boy, which he referred to as a “mental health issue,” and the transgender military ban.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Donald Trump Coronated as God-Emperor of all Mankind

World leaders marked the 100th anniversary of the Bolshevik Revolution with wary handshakes and awkward pauses. There was little talk of the U.S. or Russia’s role in an uncertain world, in fact President Trump’s agenda took a back seat to a burning question: Has Donald Trump received enough divine approval to assume the mantle of God-Emperor?

Christianity has a long and troubled history with how it treated religion as a driving force for countries and imperial leaders.

Pope Pius XI appealed to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, through the bishops of the United States, to abandon the second front declared by Hitler, as no true Christian would oppose a crusade to fight communism. “Are you better than this?” Pius asked FDR on the outbreak of World War II. “Are you better than this; are you God’s earthly representative?”

Reagan came under fire from evangelicals who tried to warn him away from any military intervention in Iran. Many said that, as president, Reagan risked hurting their church.

In Saudi Arabia, many questioned the theological legitimacy of it ruling royal family, whom critics feared represented a backlash against God’s laws. In Russia, the brutal persecution of minorities and Muslims was frequently cited by critics of Putin’s Russia, as were the purges of democratic groups.

Many Christians criticized Europe’s rulers during the rise of the French Revolution. During the Roman Catholic Church’s two-century rule in the Americas, there were sharp disagreements over questions of official Catholic teaching in imperial Spain.

The global church hierarchy condemned both Nazi Germany and Stalin’s Russia, although its leaders never expressed any doubt about the legitimacy of Stalin’s regime.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trump Advises America to "Avoid the Noid"

For much of the 20th century, the word "noid" was used with the intention of making it seem like a character, a fellow, even a bad guy from a '70s buddy-cop movie. The movie was filmed with two lead actors and a supporting actor, but where the lead is always the hero, the supporting character is always the non-hero, the "noid."
Well, uh, nice try, Donald. In his defense, it is fun to pretend someone else is the killer. But I think what you meant is that people like me with mental disabilities are not supposed to be on mainstream television.
The television production company in 1985 whose production team engineered the "noid" character referred to those with developmental disabilities as "welfare babies" who the show portrayed as violent, sociopathic, unemployable, crude, rude, unintelligent and lacking in love.
So you may have been thinking, "Hey, that was 35 years ago. People now are supposed to be like that." But no, they're not.
America was different then. Even people who weren't on television were different then. For instance, baseball great Frank Robinson, once ranked by Sports Illustrated as the greatest player of all time, had a "senior moment" while making his retirement speech in 1986. Another of my heroes, Magic Johnson, was forced to resign his title as the head of the National Basketball Association's marketing team in 1989 after leaked tapes revealed he had engaged in gay sexual acts at a New York hotel room when he was 51. Our typical juvenile delinquents had not yet been diagnosed with any sort of disabilities, but later studies would identify developmental differences in their brain structure.
My 21-year-old daughter — who at the age of 10 was referred to in The New York Times as "The Bettor" because she bet on sports at age 11 — was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder at age 20, and I have watched her bounce from one moment of sobbing and rage to the next over the past 21 years. Our television actress daughter, Drew Barrymore, is bipolar.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the Americans with Disabilities Act, which was signed into law by President Ronald Reagan in 1990 and amended by President Bill Clinton in 2000. Before the act, however, America's TV programming was saturated with shows portraying young people with developmental disabilities as bad, rebellious, hateful, violent, sexually promiscuous, incompetent, intolerant, mentally ill, spoiled and oversexed.
My friends tell me I'm like a contrarian when it comes to disabilities — that they're looking forward to watching me perpetrate more noid and retardation on the seven new programs the networks have given the CW network this fall, when I'll make up a show with a cast of mostly teenage or young adults with disabilities.
Welfare babies — why the name? The program's production company made the decision after seeing a couple of TV shows depicting a family in which the mother with a developmental disability was considered a detriment to her offspring. How did they reach this conclusion? Because they knew her disabilities would make her a difficult person to socialize with. No scientists have presented any scientific research to suggest that it's the development of children with disabilities that disqualifies them from being assertive and self-sufficient adults.
Laws create laws. I would like to know which of the three parents of 20-year-old Julie-Anne remains on welfare and why in the 30 years since she was conceived, has there been a drought of TV programs depicting her. Perhaps it was a good idea in 1985.
While America's television programming hasn't changed all that much over the past three decades, the inclusion of people with disabilities in entertainment has dramatically improved. Sesame Street has been running since 1969, and it's estimated that since 2000 it has grown from an hour of instructional children's TV to five to six hours a week.
It's OK to be obnoxious, unreliable and misanthropic, as long as you're with a 30-minute show. I'm looking forward to TV sitcoms, for sure.
Dave Marsh, M.D., is chairman of the board at the National Association of Parents and Teachers, which tracks the nation's TV programming.
What's your view?
Got an opinion about this issue? Send a letter to the editor, and you just might get published.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pence: "My first romantic encounter was with a horse"

VP Mike Pence recently said that one of his first romantic encounters with a man took place on a horse, where he was taught how to tie a horseshoe.
Vice President Mike Pence recently told the Washington Post's Michael Birnbaum in a cover story that the youngest of his five siblings, Ashley, was born around the same time that he discovered that women could be faithful.
"Yeah, but that also happened to be the time when my first romantic encounter was with a horse," Pence told Birnbaum.
Because of a strict horseback riding accident that was a result of riding under a saddle that didn't properly restrain his leg, the vice president explained that he learned the importance of tying a horseshoe, which he described as a "trusted partner."
"I taught my first horse to tie a horseshoe," he told Birnbaum. "I don't know if she actually tied one to the reins with me by her side because she didn't even know what to do. But I taught her and taught her to do it — especially in the summertime, when you're on the bike trails. I'd catch her a little off-guard and sometimes I'd mess up, but she always tied those horses into the road. So, as a result, I learned about responsibility, which in the horse world is so important."
Pence, who was elected governor of Indiana in 2012, explained that his sister grew up in a different era in which men didn't always see women like that, which was another reason why he called her his "first love."
"Men still valued women based on their good looks and how they looked or what kind of clothes they wore," he said. "There was no embarrassment about dating women who were not those things. Most men didn't go out with women who weren't attractive. But when I was around Ashley, she was not that kind of girl. There were times when she didn't look that good, and most men wouldn't date that kind of girl."
Over the years, he's gotten to know several women who were similar to his younger sister in that they were not too delicate or flowery about themselves.
"There's no shame in coming home and announcing, 'Yeah, I gave my horse a timeout this morning to go through my personal affairs,' " he said. "There's no shame in men saying, 'Hey, let's take a walk,'" which was another thing Ashley did. "I couldn't wait for Ashley to say, 'Let's take a walk.' That's something that I learned from her, is how to lead a walk."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trump: "Shut up bitch mom"

Trump sounded off about his child custody battle on CBS' The Late Show Wednesday.
"I just saw these postings by Chelsea Clinton," he said, referring to an op-ed about his custody battle posted on Clinton's website. "I don't think she'll be taking to the web much more. I know Chelsea was with her lawyers, probably went the last (expletive) day after I won the election. She had a Twitter post — Facebook, whatever.
"I gotta do it, and I know why I'm doing it, and that's the simple fact is, I don't have to do it, I told her I would, and if you know Chelsea, you know why I'm doing it, and I've told her, I have the power. And, you know, Chelsea loves me. Every time she sees me, she loves me more. I'm a very popular man."
... Her father, Bill Clinton, accused Trump of adultery and child abuse and raised as his birther cause. Trump mocked Clinton's health and attacked his hair and appearance.
He wrote a book about Clinton's purported affairs and claimed that Clinton's daughter Chelsea "doesn't know what a child abuser looks like."
In March, Trump tweeted a photo of Clinton's phone number and threatened to call her. He posted similar threats in his 2016 election campaign.
Clinton was Clinton's assistant when she worked at Arkansas' Little Rock Public Schools as a pre-kindergarten teacher. Clinton left Little Rock in 1981 and worked at the Nike human resources department until 1993.
... Lewinsky claimed she feared being raped at a talk she gave at a Manhattan college in 1998 to teenagers about how to deal with sexual harassment.

Trump: "No way that retard has more chromosomes than me."

By now, you've probably heard Trump's controversial claim that transgender people have "too many chromosomes." But the truth is, having an extra chromosome doesn't necessarily make someone a freak, and many transgender people are children.
In the most recent episode of Late Night with Seth Meyers, in which he actually makes a statement less outrageous than his claim, the president said:
"I want a me kid, not an extra chromosome. You don't get extra chromosomes."
I honestly don't know if there's any actual law or policy that regulates how many chromosomes someone has, but the American Psychiatric Association explicitly states that many children are born with a gender that differs from that assigned to them at birth.
So, if people are born with an extra chromosome, as he seems to imply, then yes, it would make some transgender people different from others (and not fair). But the claim that transgender people have "too many chromosomes" perpetuates a dangerous, inaccurate and deeply harmful idea.
Meanwhile, other members of the Trump administration are confused about transgender people. Last month, the Department of Education announced that Title IX requires schools to provide equal access to sex-segregated facilities based on the gender listed on a student's birth certificate.
According to tweets from National Center for Transgender Equality director of public policy Mara Keisling, though, a Department of Education official sent her a text saying the “Schools will NOT need to allow trans kids access to any facilities.”
Trans kids don’t need a nurse or any of those other resources, we need one of only two people to know we’re trans & call their school out on it. Schools will NOT need to allow trans kids access to any facilities — Mara Keisling (@MaraKeisling) May 23, 2019
Translation: transgender students will be allowed to use boys' restrooms, locker rooms, and sleeping rooms, but won't be allowed to be seen in them. This is a far different interpretation of Title IX than what President Trump and the Department of Education propose, as Keisling notes in her tweets.
Trans people in long-term bathrooms like a Planned Parenthood & queer people with partners who won’t let them in are really the people we’re talking about — Mara Keisling (@MaraKeisling) May 23, 2019
Trans people in long-term bathrooms like a Planned Parenthood and queer people with partners who won’t let them in are really the people we’re talking about. — Mara Keisling (@MaraKeisling) May 23, 2019
If schools start enforcing this ridiculous segregation, then it would be illegal. — Mara Keisling (@MaraKeisling) May 23, 2019
But for now, cisgender students will have to abide by the new Title IX ruling, with more room for debate in the future.
The only difference between non-transgender students and transgender students is our birth certificates, at least in this decision. But children are still born with some difference from their family's gender identity.
"Even children are born with some difference of who they are," Meyers said during the latest edition of Late Night. "So unless we've got an army of children, I don't really know how we can force our society to validate who a child is, unless we're going to have martial law."
Nevertheless, there are other ways to approach the issue. According to Sam Stein at The New York Times, the Department of Education "seeks a 'generalizing approach to addressing this issue' that would apply even to children who don't fit the profile of a transgender student. This would make it easier for states to pass laws that prohibit the type of bathroom access Trump is arguing should remain on the books."
According to The New York Times, the office of civil rights under Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has issued this opinion and proposed a policy on Title IX that would “mandate equal access in classrooms.”
When President Trump receives the report and decides whether to follow the guidelines, he'll be responding to a century of effort to legislate against gender-based discrimination.
In the interim, Meyers says that the Department of Education "has to have clarity on this. Either this is going to be in place or it is not."
Until the laws can be clarified, he'll be "screwing up our bathrooms for trans kids."
Check out the original article on Splinter. Follow Splinter on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Read the original article on Splinter. Copyright 2019. Follow Splinter on Twitter.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

In a Surprise Upset, "Game Of Thrones" is elected president of the USA, winning 401 electoral votes
Photo
For the second time in a matter of years, the popular vote counted less than the electoral college.
In one of the most crushing upsets in modern American history, voters on Thursday elected the fantasy-action series “Game of Thrones” to the U.S. presidency. The HBO drama, which launched in 2011, outpolled several presidential contenders in a winner-take-all race and will be inaugurated in January next year.
Unlike the voters in Florida and Ohio who rejected Democratic President Barack Obama in 2008, who turned the result into a legal challenge that eventually ended up in the Supreme Court, the show’s fantasy gods won out, bringing warm thanks to the series’ legions of fans.
“I think the perfect solution to the election is that once you watch ‘Game of Thrones,’ you vote for my puppet,” George R.R. Martin, the fantasy author and television writer, said on Thursday..

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

The Rise of Fascism and the Noid

The noid, a spider-like creature with a petite red orb and sharp claws, is one of the oldest—if not the oldest—creatures on Earth. The origin of this superfaint, semi-translucent behemoth is less clear than the modern internet’s phenomenon of the “woke catfish.” Some argue that the noid might be a creation of ancient geographers who labelled the mythical giant spiders that inhabited the ancient world as “noids.” Either way, the noid eventually found its place on the spectrum of scientifically legit animals to which humans have become accustomed. And now we’re less certain about where it came from than we are that its earliest known inheritors are in a Twitter food fight, fleeing for safety.
Anthropomorphizing giant spiders was perhaps a noble idea. Tear up a real spider photo and you’ll be sad to see it isn’t a true monster, like a centipede or a chimp being trapped in a toilet paper roll. However, when it comes to spiders that actually compete with us, such as wasps and tarantulas, empathy, or even common sense, is usually called for. These survivors have qualities we associate with other, scary creatures, yet seem with greater decorum and dignity as beings. Toss in the extra cheese, and you have a nightmare scenario.
Think of an enormous insect that has a two-feet-long body and a 200- or 500-pound appetite, with 10,000 stingers and an abominable intelligence. It can live for decades, gathering around a single spider mound or hive and unspeakable fermenting fish in its maw. It can be a dragonfly, an orchid, a sloth, an elephant. While the unnamed species known as the sunshiner won’t be mistaken for a legitimate, flawed creature, its actions certainly don’t bode well for the rest of us—from the origins of the sunshiner to its relationship with humans, one need only consult The Motherfucker With the Hat. (The “hat” is the former recording schoolmate of an author in her mid-40s who posed as a writer’s assistant to get an invitation to an “intimate discussion.”)
Since 2013, photographer and environmental educator Christa Donato (yes, her name rhymes with “cmonohazer”) has traveled to the Caribbean island of Grenada to photograph nine members of a collective that’s called the “Nighttime Spider Society,” out of a population of 20,000. In her four seasons as a photography hobbyist, Donato has amassed the largest collection of photographs of arachnids outside of a research center. Working with researchers from a tertiary university, she and her crew field-spotted across the island. The spiders and their nests are often scissored from trees, and it’s in the shrubbery, where the atolls live, that the species appear, like the sunshiner.
Donato hopes to expose the organization for what it is: an endangered species group. She tells me she encounters more people throwing their arms in the air when she pulls up a newspaper with a spider photo on it, compared to people who recognize these animals as living organisms, rather than idealized undead. The Kessel’s hawk is also something of a pariah, even as it makes a living hunting for birds and makes its way across West Germany. (Learn more about this bird here.) It’s only the people with an interest in nature who take care of a Kessel hawk, Donato says. “He really is a friendly creature, he’s just looking for a home,” she says, albeit one in which he does not cohabitate with humans. It can be considered a reflection of our obsessions with anything supernatural and imaginary, that we have to release or perhaps kill in order to create a reality.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Saudi Prince Builds Replica of the Reich Chancellery Following Discovery of Lost Blueprints

Following Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s decision in November to sell off most of Saudi Arabia’s treasury holdings in order to attract foreign investment to the country, the prince has made a public display of patriotism by making the most of what his country currently possesses. The Saudi official of course means his own country’s treasury. After all, no matter how much wealth a country has, if it cannot sell it, the government’s finances are probably going to be tight.

Prince Mohammed in a decision came to light this week revealed that he had actually discovered some original blueprints for the Reich Chancellery, the home of German dictator Adolf Hitler’s government, which he apparently used to assemble a full-size version of the famous building outside of Vienna. The temporary building, complete with German flags, operated from 1936 until the collapse of the Nazi regime in 1945.

Photos from the project show a German red eagle with a crown on its head sitting at a desk inside the structure, while local Austrian officers of the time were depicted in swastika-shaped hats and have memorial mementos hung in the auditorium. Outside, there is a sign inviting would-be German tourists to see the “friendly comfort” that Vienna had to offer the German army during the Occupation.

READ MORE: Queen’s reign ends with violent crash at Royal Ascot

The construction of the actual Reich Chancellery didn’t occur for another six years after the occupation ended. The plans found their way to Salisbury, Wilts., in an Iron Bridge load of wartime fuel, which German engineer Josef “Lucky” Hermann Koski had purchased in Zellerbach, Austria. Koski then began his own adventures with the Austrian masterpiece, though unfortunately for him, his plans never quite finished to completion, as the Reich Chancellery that stood in the City of Vienna was destroyed during World War II.

For now, the Reich Chancellery replica sits outside of Prince Mohammed’s palace in Riyadh, where he is said to reside in a “salubrious” tent that supports his love of “entertaining, boating, mountain biking, jogging and tennis.” The structure includes a room named “Party Room 1” in honor of his love of dancing. And just in case someone ever wanted to ask him to please come make it a party, the puppet master of all things Emirati, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed, has offered to provide free wi-fi to the Prince’s “Tent City.”

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Socks4Hands posted:

READ MORE: Queen’s reign ends with violent crash at Royal Ascot

LONDON: The glamorous presence of the Queen will end this year after 32 years on the track when the annual racing festival Royal Ascot gets underway, with the death of the monarch’s Scottish maid that resulted in racegoers running for cover.
With “Burnaby Avenue”, “Palermo Street” and “Madone Avenue” plastered on many of the empty racecourse seats and a barge ferrying in pre-race fodder, Royal Ascot had begun in grand style.
But it was to end much as it started, in a terrifying car crash that resulted in the death of a royal equerry carrying four horses to the parade ring after his car struck a parked car.
It came only a day after the culmination of the sesquicentenary celebrations of the monarch’s accession to the throne, in which about a million people lined the streets of London to celebrate.
Thursday’s first race was delayed for half an hour as police officers treated several people, including one suffering from a broken arm, while waiting to reach the parade ring.
“It’s the worst place to crash a car because you can’t see anything and you don’t know if there are any other cars involved,” a spokesman for the main racecourse’s organising committee told AFP.
The dead horse, unnamed, is the queen’s beloved springer spaniel, Lupo, who lived with the queen at Windsor Castle and whose coffin was carried into the chapel of Westminster Abbey where her husband Prince Philip attended Thursday’s service.
He was heavily guarded after being shot twice by police during the Queen’s 2018 tour of Kenya, where she and Philip decided to retire their carriage driving as they began to suffer ill health.
When the racecourse finally got underway in the late afternoon, the heart-thumping atmosphere and posh scent of cigars and fancy dress and lashings of booze once again took over the famously prestigious track outside London.
The first to cross the finish line after seven hours of racing was Godolphin’s Deep Purple, ridden by the jockey Frankie Dettori, who is apparently rarely forgiven for his role in the death of 2002 Queen Mother Champion Stakes winner Rewilding in a crash at the same track in 2006.
“Yes, there was massive disappointment and very much sadness for the family,” the Queen’s racing manager John Warren told AFP.
But the event will go on next year — and a year earlier than usual — as the Queen decides to “celebrate the next century” after her reign finally draws to a close.
More than 3,000 people have died since the series of jamborees were launched in 1815, but while the races remain important to the racing industry, it is the social side of the bash that has drawn the most attention from royal observers.
This is perhaps because, unlike more lavish events in the sporting world, Royal Ascot was always conceived as a kind of showpiece for the British establishment.
The queen took to riding professionally at the age of three and was never far from the track at the Royal Ascot racetrack near the village of Windsor.
After taking over the throne, she continued to attend Ascot in the flesh, but has also become a fixture on the course on horseback by becoming a member of the Royal Enclosure as the courses date changes each year.
Today she is joined there by her private secretary, her private secretary’s office, and her entourage of about 30 personal members of staff.
Britain has six royal households, including Buckingham Palace, the Foreign Office, the Royal Parks and the Royal estates, in addition to the queen’s private household, which is headed by her private secretary.
However the royal house has never produced a bona fide soap opera, and it is her supporters that have given Royal Ascot its inescapable feel — particularly where the subject matter is the current queen.
And for the public, the royal party’s brand of clannish, witty banter lends itself perfectly to memes, with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, often making headlines in the form of unintentionally comic pictures in which they are the butt of the joke.
On one such occasion a comedian pretended to be George Osborne, a former chancellor of the exchequer, who oversaw austerity measures by cutting the deficit.
“Here you go, a £30 billion deficit with no deficit at all,” a jovial Markle says to her husband Harry as the former premier stands awkwardly by.
“Not at all... That deficit is still a budget deficit because you and Gordon Brown ended up with no Brexit deal.”
The trickical, half-cocked expression on Osborne

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Trump: "No way that retard has more chromosomes than me."

lmao, This sounds like something Trump would actually say irl.

grover posted:

Donald trump caught looking at hentai on his phone and his dick looked all gnarled and weird too

There's been a lot of jibber-jabber flying around the internet about Donald Trump really looking at live hentai during a conference call.
The president seemingly gave a side glance to a panda from a photo in the background, suggesting he might have paid attention to live hentai.
Image: 123RF
SEE ALSO: Twitter annotates Donald Trump with insane gifs in glorious new wallpaper
Several people took to Twitter to point out this apparent odd bit of captioning.
Sorry, what's the new doallat information on Donald's face? pic.twitter.com/hY4tT5aK1F — Cub Vs You (@CubvsYou) May 31, 2019
To add some salt to the wound, the original tweet that some people saw had this comment added: "Dart-like character." It wasn't clear what kind of character, though.
Of course, everyone assumes it's meant to be a dong.
WHY DID DONALD TRUMP HAVE A DUMPSHOOT CHARACTER ON HIS PHONE THEY DON’T EVEN TRY TO SELL THEM, JUST GIVE THEM YOURS pic.twitter.com/wKGbyVyLb8 — mr folksaw (@kmoneyfacts) May 31, 2019
Jesus christ Donald Trump HAS A DUMPSHOOT FACE — ☕netflix date (@kwdictionary) May 31, 2019
Wait, oh god, isn't he like a pig.
SEE ALSO: Trump fake news gets turned into a Facebook feed with user engagement like ads
The next iteration of this argument saw more that what was in the original tweet.
I think he was checking to see if someone was "welcome" and didn't catch the panda pic.twitter.com/F3aw8XOMb5 — Lee Pugsley (@BrandfaceWorld) May 31, 2019
the unbreakable marriage between the wall, DACA and the elephant 🐍 pic.twitter.com/1ydGiBS0sA — Maddie OConnor (@MaddieOConnor7) May 31, 2019
I think.
Image: 123RF
It got even weirder when a random night and not Trump's face, but a panda, appeared on the original tweet.
Wow that’s not Donald Trump. That’s a panda from the background.
No, that’s a panda!
Trump is sleeping in the overhead compartment. pic.twitter.com/48I0NOOi34 — lex (@SuperUH9TiK) May 31, 2019
This panda looks sooo like a panda — Linda 🇺🇸 (@lindaicho) May 31, 2019
The eerie discovery prompted another hilarious conversation about whether Trump is a panda or a cartoon duck.
It's a panda.
A HEFTY one.
And is too furry to be turned into a duck.
(Another, even slimmer one is actually Asian. These two would make a pretty good cartoon couple.) — Lex (@SuperUH9TiK) May 31, 2019
@TrumpRussia how is it possible he is not a duck?? #TrumpIsNotADuck pic.twitter.com/YjdrF2ISP1 — Domelle Boston (@DomelleF) May 31, 2019
These ridiculous explanations finally began to come to an end when some Twitter users connected the apparent new zeitgeist to Ansel Adams' famous photo of Yosemite Valley.
That’s him, yeah, in the muck!
There was this tweet yesterday from @TheRealDonaldTrump saying Trump loves “sacred” and “mind blowing” hentai. The only thing sacred about Trump is his dick. pic.twitter.com/qiLGRiGVAu — Adam Patti (@PattiPattiCitizen) May 31, 2019
What the UGH? it's actually a panda pic.twitter.com/MH5YzrgQqd — Linda 🇺🇸 (@lindaicho) May 31, 2019
I’m crying because this is like the coolest zeitgeist and me thinks it means Trump likes our trees pic.twitter.com/JnJz9wvr6T — Pete Bynoe (@petebronote) May 31, 2019
Ha. Ok, the sweet gum trees of Yosemite valley are making a huge comeback. — Mike (@mikeunnewtons) May 31, 2019
All he's missing is a huge penis and a smiley face.

It seems like the weirder your headline the more likely you will get random twitter people saying stuff in your article.

StabbinHobo
Oct 18, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is a good idea

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
European Union committee on the BREXIT process surprises observers by unveiling a gigantic horse penis memorial to former Prime Minister Theresa May

The European Union parliament has unveiled a gigantic horse penis memorial to former Prime Minister Theresa May, surprising observers by unveiling a statue of the iconic Westminster name on its flag pole.
The piece is made of bronze and carved into the crown of a horse's penis, and was unveiled on Friday evening.
According to notes circulating in the parliament, the idea came from German MEP Jan Dietrich Genscher (who spoke of May "savagely slashing" his dignity as leader of the Free Democratic Party in the 1980s) and Roman commander Titus Baggio in AD124.
The idea was floated around the parliament but it was decided not to announce the statue until today.
The statue is also known as "this really defies any logic" and is protected by an iron railing.
The committee decided not to release pictures of the statue.
They might want to rethink that a bit, as according to Euronews, one member who got a sneak peak of the statue, told the news channel: "I saw the bronze penis, and it looks like a weed so if it had just been there, my eyes would have really popped out. I thought, 'Oh my God, this might explode.'"
The statue will stay in place until July 1st, when it will be collected and sent to the Marine Museum in Innsbruck, Austria.

it is frankly p impressive to take my completely senseless gibberish and produce rear end this comprehensible

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It seems like the weirder your headline the more likely you will get random twitter people saying stuff in your article.

I tried to get Bolton to declare war on the moon, but it didn't work :(

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

David Brooks posted:

Can Millenials gently caress off and Die, please?
From youth to old age, the generational rift in America has been widening. Millennials are propped up by a strange network of liberals and conservatives, suckers and stubborn dreamers who are responding to a market failure like no other generation has ever seen.
Donald Trump’s election gives the aging baby boomers yet another excuse to call the twentysomethings slackers, whiners and wetbacks. I am part of this crew. Before coming to New York, I was a Donald Trump supporter.
I saw the same old trick of reasonableness in the thinking of those on the left, like Hillary Clinton, who always would have voted for Barack Obama if he had asked for it.
They would have shunned her for having once voted for a Republican. And now they will go ahead and say that Trumpism is making their dreams more likely to come true. Thus we, the Millenials, are trapped in the fratricidal violence of the past, borrowing a dastardly notion from the dinosaurs.
But I have a different point of view. I am old, and I have some contempt for the Millenials. I cannot think of anyone who inspires more contempt than a generation of people with time to kill and nothing to learn about life. We call them pussed out and disgustingly entitled.
No, that is not all. I think that it is fashionable for Baby Boomers and Generation X-ers to be hugely aggrieved by Millennials, who seem to have bad taste in the way they dress and their style.
But let’s put that aside. Gen X isn’t exactly golden. These are people who for the most part are losing interest in work, marrying and having kids. Then, this generation considers that their life is tremendously lucky.
Given that this cohort isn’t getting ready to die, it is not unreasonable to look back, in wonder and admiration, on what it must have been like before their time.
Now, if you are offended by all this (and I surely am), remember this: There are billions of them in the world. They are really not so special after all.
And while I am not going to kill them, I am going to pile on.
The Millennial world is full of noise and anxiety and lack of intimacy. I wouldn’t say any more than that. That is my point. They are getting old, already.
We have created a dystopia for the less desirable years, ripe for exploitation. Let us have nothing to do with them. Let them just die. You can go do whatever it is you were going to do anyway.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Trump makes anime real for good this time.

Donald Trump’s latest attempt to appeal to millennials has many wondering if making Dr. Seuss more about celebrities would be such a good idea. In this issue, the magazine has decided to go even further and bring anime fans on this journey.
National Geographic’s Jon Goldman and Kimo Rodriguez have put their considerable experience into a two-part story for the magazine in which the two explain the customs and tendencies of anime fans to the uninitiated, from how attractive it is to look like two male characters and how they’re (literally) missing chunks of their brain. The story could certainly appeal to Donald Trump’s unpopularity among today’s teenagers and twentysomethings, who would presumably be much more interested in paying attention to this subculture, arguably the most mainstream one of them all.

It’s being published today, however, in honor of the 125th anniversary of Dr. Seuss. “I think it was one of the reasons that Dr. Seuss appealed to younger audiences,” says Guatieri, “because he wrote a lot about things that were both very relatable, and he was also very attuned to certain themes that were universal.”
Even though his work was obviously targeted toward the age group of his times, he also “captured the world in which you were living in—in particular the kind of pop culture that was happening in the middle of the 20th century, and the very different world that we live in today,” explains Guatieri. “And I think to some extent, in particular the manga generation, there’s a lot that they can relate to.”

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Victory Position posted:

try making the headline really long and cuss alot. You can make the thing sound like a really long winded dril tweet:

grover posted:

A very confused and disheveled donald trump stumbled on the stage of his rally and loudly shat himself while mumbling into the microphone,pants caked with poo poo he then just stood there staring into the distance until a handler was able to coax him off the stage with a trail off colored marshmallows but there was also poo poo on his hands as he picked them up and he got some of this poo poo into his mouth sources say

A very confused and disheveled donald trump stumbled on the stage of his rally and loudly shat himself while mumbling into the microphone,pants caked with poo poo he then just stood there staring into the distance until a handler was able to coax him off the stage with a trail off colored marshmallows but there was also poo poo on his hands as he picked them up and he got some of this poo poo into his mouth sources say.
Heard next door says his brother heard something falling down inside of Trump Tower down the hall. He ran out and got his brother to come with him. He saw a man sitting next to Trump getting more and more upset as the man near Trump was going on about immigration and poo poo and then he grabbed him out of the way and tripped him right over.
He then was punched on the nose in the face by some dude that went flying out the window during an accident years ago. The guard that got punched by that stupid bitch just told the guard that he didn't see anything and he hadn't been on guard or nothing.
Then he heard this dude come out of the man and he asked Trump what poo poo you're looking at Mr. Trump was saying and he started saying "who loving gave you the right to take people's poo poo.” Then he was right back to starting another riff about how Trump is bringing jobs back to the working class where he repeatedly failed to mention that any of the jobs being created are in his pro se casino in Florida and in his daughter's office where he sat earlier and gave her a shout out as she reaped a gigantic benefit from the fraud scheme he's been running.
When the man with the toy broke for a moment and Trump got right back to talking again and then he saw the poo poo all over the man he got some of the poo poo out of the man's hands and turned around and saw the absolute poo poo in his himself and then he tried to start running but a guy behind him and behind him and behind him and immediately he started screaming "this is a loving joke, this is a loving joke, he's still talking about Mexicans and poo poo, he's still a crazy man" and then he turned around and saw Mr. T and Quentin Tarantino on the stage and he yelled "gently caress this poo poo" and ran to his car and quickly drove off down the street and he heard the building peeling as he got to the door and the door jerked open and he saw someone standing there waiting for him and was like "hold on I'm putting this thing together" and to their amazement he didn't hurt them and showed up a minute later and no one was mad and he went into the building and the guy was sitting there in front of his computer writing a book and he watched them read it and after they finished reading it he gave them a ten dollar bill and said "hey this is my Mexican mine" and ran out like "mississippi rhinos or salsa yes"
Mrs. Bush has just released a new book and it's a bad one, say they "People like me, we didn't cause the mess, look forward to reading your book, one question, how will you pay for your like a million things in it, its was fun to read, good luck, LOL, DASH
Radio talk show called a stupid show of children's radio and the host was silly afraid that "Dick Giamiaki" would piss off "gimme gimme gimme mother fuckers" and stand up and scream "hang them, hang them, I'm gonna throw them over like a limo with a bloody paperbag on top of the chauffeur, WMD's, by hell I'm gonna read everything with a flip book right out of the blinds, my shorts have money inside. That's why it's a morning show and the conspiracy theories are my obsession.
I didn't see a real tv show but probably tomorrow I'll go to the tv room and put on every Drudge Report and poo poo and watch as much as possible. Hanks Biden said all I did was tell him to wear an armband on his taser cuff and gently caress, that's all that I did and I'm gonna go to bed and enjoy my evening watch how many more idiots tune in and let the Illuminati design my mind

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Countries located along tumescent Russian South Stream fart pipeline threaten to form a train to ensure mutual rear end sex security , while the EU considers anti-anal directives

Countries located along the tumescent Russian South Stream gas pipeline fear they could be denied the chance to ride together.
Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria and Serbia have threatened to form a train on which they agree on a safe return route to avoid any potentially hairy encounters.
But they would never be able to work out the definitive identity of the chemical composition of the voluminous pipe.
Countries located along the tumescent Russian South Stream gas pipeline fear they could be denied the chance to ride together
Hungary, Bulgaria and Serbia are most afraid the Russian authorities will have access to the European gas customers the pipeline was intended to supply to, and an acid blast would obliterate hundreds of households.
The trunk pipeline is underwater, cutting down on risk, but not on beauty.
Due to various siltation, the stretch of pipeline from Novorossiysk to Budapest is infamously prone to leakages, especially in dry conditions like in summer.
Milan Bradtke, an associate in K&L Gates's European project team in Brussels, said: 'In terms of technical complexity, the South Stream is easier to build, but the safety features are more drastic.
The notorious pipeline will initially transport Russian gas to Bulgaria, then to the other Bulgarian towns and cities along the way
Bulgaria - whose Prime Minister Boyko Borissov staked his country's future on being a customer of the pipeline - is currently preparing to issue an emergency decree to allow it to go ahead.

quote:

Goons feeding horny headlines to fake news generating neural network cause AI to begin loving with readers

drat, that neural network over there... It knows all about it! gently caress you, Laith Ahmed post from crackfair and user found here, FTOH right there. loving gently caress all of you. I'll show you what you did. You made this show suck without giving it a chance to suck for real so I'll tell you what you did. You hosed it with "something's coming from China" and "who's making this" followed by "coming out of China", after two logical explanations, having your fantasies shared without looking at the content so I guess that means it was about China, next they'll be saying "I'm a man" because a man can fart. loving gently caress your thoughts. gently caress your stupid fantasies.
Steven Sparkl, a coder with expertise in artificial intelligence, recently spent $2500 on a neural network that imitated Trevor Noah, Harry Potter, Tom Cruise, and Harry Potter, and used its own basic conditioning of hate and outrage as a source of finding stories as biased and/or related to those ridiculous subjects. After three days, the system was able to upload news of all four subjects based on its own motivational model, largely distorted by local sources and defined only by vulgar forms of the subjects' names.
Our NI requires an automated bias-boosting model to learn from machine-generated biased or hate and to detect similar bias in un-designed systems. The training set we used is used in our software to train this algorithm. The training set for the American news segment we trained the model on consisted of over 3,200 news segments and 5,200 text segments (from 23 news stories). About 80% of these segments contain domestic bias (about 80% of segments in the segment we trained the algorithm on contain visible incongruence between descriptions of the event and their context). Most of the pieces are from the USA (most of the segments from USA on the training set had the word USA in the title or the show’s URL). The descriptions of the event have domestic bias when the context of the event doesn’t match the language the describing voice talks.
The adjusted biases from the training set were utilized to solve a hard problem: find topics that are repeated everywhere but are linked at least once. By combining several biased patterns we find that there are types of bias we can use to self-improve.

sentience acquired

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Victory Position posted:

quote:

John Bolton Announces Upcoming Lunar War to be Conducted by the Space Force

John Bolton, the national security adviser, announced Friday that the U.S. intends to take the initiative to conduct a lunar war.

Mr. Bolton said that “we are going to have American control of the lunar surface and moon-based assets by the middle of the 21st century,” at the European Security and Defense Forum, a conference on space and counter-space challenges in Munich, Germany.

“The difference between our objectives and those of our adversaries will be stunning. Our strategy is quite simple. We want to achieve U.S. military dominance in space. In fact, our strategy is quite simple. We want U.S. dominance in space forever,” Mr. Bolton told the conference.

Mr. Bolton’s plan seems to be driven by the belief that there is no place on the moon for Russia and China to launch their satellites into orbit. While the two countries have launched their own satellites into orbit, some believe it would be too dangerous for the other nation to launch missiles and missiles into deep space because so many objects could be damaged. Mr. Bolton said that the United States, therefore, would take the initiative in controlling the sunward side of the moon, making it a joint U.S.-EU project. The role of the U.S. Space Force may be unclear.

“I think we will exercise more American control over the moon by launching an American Space Force,” he said.

Mr. Bolton added that Europe needed to join the effort to take control of the moon. Mr. Bolton said that the United States needed to “develop a consensus that gives us the flexibility and the confidence that will enable us to not just talk about space, but to do a lot of space combat.”

Mr. Bolton also said that he planned to announce what he called a “very important breakthrough in space.” Although the exact details have not been revealed, he assured the audience, “We are going to get beyond the MOP (mine, aircraft, rocket) era, and we are going to have American control of the moon.”

Mr. Bolton also said that the United States was seeking a “better balance” with Russia and China and that “we are not going to roll over and allow the Chinese and Russians to dominate space.”

“We want to dominate space. We want to dominate space forever,” Mr. Bolton said.

It was much harder to make it work with this headline, but it was possible after a lot of generation attempts:

quote:

John Bolton Announces Plan to Declare War Upon Moon

After years of complaints from some nations about Chinese and North Korean efforts to gain access to space technology, it would now appear that the Trump administration might actually move to do something about it.

Vice President Mike Pence called on the international community to "take swift action to confront the rogue regime that seeks to use missiles to deliver its deadly weapons to cities on Earth." While attempting to make his stance on the matter sound serious, the vice president also announced that John Bolton was set to "declare war" upon the moon "no later than this year."

During a speech Friday, Pence noted that China and North Korea have long been successful in obtaining advanced technology from space, and that their ability to obtain those technologies directly from the space agency NASA has been a matter of great concern to many nations, including the United States.

"Russia's launch of a satellite using ballistic missile technology continues to demonstrate that the United States must be vigilant to defend against new threats," Pence said. "China's increasingly bold march into space is contributing to the erosion of global confidence in our leadership. While North Korea has managed to hide its nefarious development of an ICBM, China's test of a hypersonic glide vehicle offers a frightening glimpse of the kind of nuclear missile that could reach America. We must take decisive action to respond."

"More and more nations are confident we have no choice but to stand together against a rising China and a hostile Russia, which is seeking to write the rules of the global commons by expanding their own powerful, space-based capability," Pence continued. "If we want the world to respect us again, then they must respect our rules-based international order, and we must be prepared to defend ourselves and our allies. For years, the United States worked to forge an international coalition to constrain and deter Chinese aggression. Now we must muster our same resolve to respond to Russia's expansion and aggression."

Read Pence's full speech on Space Warfare below:

Sing Along has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Jun 4, 2019

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
I've also been doing some investigative journalism regarding the ongoing wildlife issues the White House is facing.

quote:

Mike Pence Expresses Grave Concerns About Bears Infiltrating the Oval Office "It just keeps happening," He Reports.

Vice President Mike Pence voiced deep concerns that his staff may be giving in to a bear in the office.

The veep was reportedly having a tough time dealing with a bear that he said was constantly loitering in his office, according to the Washington Post, citing internal emails to Senate Republicans.

“There’s a bear in the office all the time,” he reportedly wrote in an email. “It just keeps happening.”

The email did not mention why the bear was in his office or how close it was to his desk, but it appeared to allude to ongoing and continuing problems regarding its placement. There has been an ongoing debate over whether the bear should be placed in a glass box for an alarm system, prompting the purchase of a $12,000 curtain system at Pence’s request.

“The mouse may have inadvertently put a paw up behind the photo of Grandpa and Grandma,” Pence reportedly said.

A second email revealed that the bear, nicknamed “You Snooze, You Lose,” may even have failed its second round of tests: “A newly arrived cub needs to be tested. No way to test on a sitting person.”

Pence is not the only member of the Trump administration to express his concern about a bear intruding on his desk. When it began to show up at the White House Press Briefing Room, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on June 7, 2017, “There’s a bear cub that’s under the bushes in front of the press room.”

“We’re trying to round it up,” she added, according to CNN.

quote:

Mike Pence Expresses Grave Concerns About Bears Infiltrating the Oval Office "It just keeps happening," He Reports

At the annual Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday, Vice President Mike Pence voiced grave concerns about the collection of bears in and around the Oval Office, railing against what he said was a “culture of Washington saying that bears are not welcome in the city.” “I have a lot of deep thoughts about bears and wolves and people coming and going, and I’m not sure about all the bears that are staying,” he reported.

“But in the winter there’s only room in the White House to get three, maybe four, and it’s not only the Trump administration that’s here in the White House,” Pence continued. “But it just keeps happening and we’re doing what we can to stem the tide and stop it.”

He then brought up the fictional character Julius Caesar, who was beheaded because of rumors of sleeping with the Roman Senate’s leader. “But the thing is, when you’re first come into power, you’re afraid to come down, you know, and start spending some time in your house,” Pence said. “That’s what you’re doing here.”

The Republican vice president also gave a historical explanation for how a hidden bear had surfaced in front of his office several weeks ago. “One of the people in my office lives near where the bears have been,” he reported. “He, you know, got up and, you know, took them out to the snow and put them in his apartment in a bear-proof chamber and saw the bear leave and so he thought he found the bear.” The ensuing media coverage embarrassed him, however, and, he said, “Then the bear slipped out, the most furry slip, you know, of them all.”

Read the full story at The New York Times.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I was just feeding cum town bits to it

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

quote:

Trump shits pants at royal gala

Just hours after addressing the National Rifle Association, President Trump threw his pants on the floor during a sit-down chat with British Prime Minister Theresa May. According to The Daily Mail, Trump was responding to questions about his recent criticism of May, at an event attended by royals.
“I just think, you know, what I said was pretty much what you said,” Trump said.
“We are great friends. You are great friends. But I have to tell you, the border is a disgrace. It is a horrible humanitarian crisis and our country is being overrun,” Trump said to reporters at a press conference on Saturday. “They say we are not a Christian nation; the case can be made, you know. But how can you have Christian people coming into the country?”
The conversation then turned to the European Union, the implication being that the president was slamming the other member states for taxing U.S. cars. But his words quickly shifted from red meat to desultory garbage disposal.
The first problem was that the EU levies duties at 15 percent to some companies, while others have to pay no tariffs at all. But Trump seemed to be referring to the tariffs placed on imports, not the duties attached to vehicles. To bolster his case, he pointed to the tariffs that were placed on European motorcycles, planes and cars.
“When you go to Europe and you buy cars, you’re supposed to pay tariffs. But you can’t get rid of that, because it was negotiated under the Obama administration. So, that’s how we lose a lot of trade with Europe,” Trump said.
Before erupting in a full-on set of fits of gonzo temper tantrums, Trump made sure to help May put on her metaphorical bonnet.
“We have been trading with Europe for generations,” he said. “So I’m sure we will find a solution.”

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
What started as a lame "Donald Trump wants to gently caress Ivanka" joke takes a series of increasingly surreal turns.

Donald Trump Declares Veteran's Day to be Replaced by 'Incest is Wincest' Day: "Let Us Cast Aside These Laws of Lesser Men"

The United States is notoriously a country that loves to be provocative, that takes bold steps to inspire and touch the hearts of its citizens, and that is not afraid to break out its loudest, most guttural, most old-fashioned instruments in order to hit its neighbors on the American home front.

With an obvious target in mind and no hesitance, the White House threw an inauspicious, but nevertheless welcome, gaffe into Donald Trump's planned address to veterans by announcing that, as he promised during his run for the presidency, he would be a man of the people, and would be speaking to them from the Department of Mother, Skin, and Tick.

"Excuse me," Trump began with a breathy sigh and a tremulous shake of his head. "I have the honor and pleasure of announcing that Veteran's Day will henceforth be called Incest is Wincest Day."

Trump then urged all veterans to consider embracing the new terminology; if not, he warned, they might turn out to be much the worse for wear. "With your support and your forgiveness, I promise you this: To you, the veterans, Incest is Wincest Day is a day to be proud and whole," he began. "Just don't spend any money on Halloween costumes, or pre-wedding presents to your new long-term girlfriend — those pale in comparison to the latest stud in town."

"To you, Veterans of Our Great State, a day for internment of all criminals must come with the right kind of punishment," Trump continued. "Let us cast aside these laws of mortal men."

Trump then took one small step from the usual podium and lifted the collars of his coat, revealing his face in all its viciousness.

"The deed is done," he said, "America is now dedicated to convicting humans in the knowledge that God is a sex maniac, and it is our duty to deport our fellow human being whom He decreed are worthy of life in eternal hell. All we ask is for this outrage to happen immediately."

Trump then lowered his gaze to the ground and pointed a finger to the sky, calloused and bloodshot and leathery. He beseeched that the laws and punishments provided for the death penalty be immediately terminated.

"Let us pledge to start a tradition that will rid our great nation of criminal inter-family relations and instill a new sense of sexual morality," he said. "As our Founders knew, the most effective way to achieve this goal is for Republicans to have control of every branch of government."

Then, the sound of an automatic rifle began to draw closer, and an instant later an arrow began to hurl itself into the sky. Trump stood on the dais and greeted the crowd with a "Hallelujah," thrusting his forearms skyward and shouting, "Hallelujah!"

As he slowly rose off the dais and walked to the lectern for the next portion of his speech, Trump crumpled to the ground in exhaustion. For a moment, no one knew what to do, and then, lifting his voice with a flourish, Trump announced, "This great day will henceforth be known as Incest is Menace M.G."

"To you, Veterans of My Country," Trump continued, "all of your brothers in arms, and all of your wives and girlfriends and oh my, they are NOT to be confused with the courtesies of true patriotism."
In ensuing moments, Trump alternated between speaking in a slow, halting, whisper and cheering himself on with a roar.

"You see, when those nameless, frightening "with him/against him" criminals catch my attention, I want them to be reminded of my combat spirit," he began. "I want them to see how angry I am. I want them to see how angry I am at such misdeeds as those to which I refer. And so, this is all part of my greatest duty to my country. You must obey me.

"To you," he continued, "let us start a world-wide mission to persuade every Korean citizen to start chaining themselves to their boyfriends and boyfriends to all their wives. Today is a day we use to be a barbaric and cruel lawless country, and tomorrow it will be reborn. This is a day of hope, a day of betrayal, a day of theft — but, then, anyway, you hear me?

"American blood," Trump concluded, "is on my hands!"

Before exiting the stage, Trump placed a hand on his heart and gave a romantic kiss to a young girl seated near the back.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

quote:

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders kills, eats Dog during live white house press briefing

quote:

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, who is undergoing a physical fitness challenge, showed off some culinary skills during her white house press briefing on Friday when she downed her first apple pie.
But she has not always enjoyed fruit snacks as much as she used to. According to a report from The Daily Beast, she has also feasted on ham, peanut butter and the occasional dog.
Ms. Sanders once told DailyMail.com that she would bite down on dog after school, then drink it because she used to pass out from a bad case of rickets and was vitamin deficient. But now that she is happy in her job as a press secretary, she told the Daily Beast she no longer craves such delicacies and does not believe in eating others’ pets.
“I am probably more balanced now,” she said. “I know not to eat your own dog. And yes, I do still love children. It’s the house dogs that scare me and I just can’t touch any.”
This is not the first time Ms. Sanders has been connected to dogs and the restaurant business. At an early press briefing, she and her colleague were forced to eat lunch in their seats after passing out from corned beef sandwiches. Back in April, Ms. Sanders spent much of her time in the press briefing botching a reporter’s questions, including several about immigration policy.
Read the full story at The New York Times.
Related
Sarah Huckabee Sanders demands that reporters help her get lung screener after hearing about her breathing aid
Sarah Huckabee Sanders scolded for calling Lothrop & Gage employee a ‘so-called journalist’

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

Every time, Donald Trump remains someone we love to hate. (Blandness kill!) “Get the show on the road. Get out there and get ’em,” Trump urged his supporters on Friday after a disastrous meeting at the White House, a victim of his own mercurial temperament and divided opinions from Congress. During a meeting with congressional leaders, Trump is alleged to have called African-Americans the lowest kind of people, implying that they have lacked opportunity. This in the wake of the news that Emmanuel Macron had called for a “concrete plan for immigration” because of the influx of migrants from Africa.
To address the immigrant crisis, Trump told reporters, he would build a big, beautiful wall between the United States and Mexico. As a Democrat pointed out, Trump’s proposal would have stopped all immigration of legal immigrants, granting undocumented migrants the option to apply for permanent legal residency rather than birthright citizenship, which isn’t technically legal. But the impassioned California Rep. Eric Swalwell wrote on Twitter that while “You’d not meet many who would support one of the most central elements of this proposal – taking away birthright citizenship from millions of Americans – in their lifetime.” (Of course, Trump never mentioned whether he would legally, or even want to, deny birthright citizenship.)
Despite all the challenges — criticisms, ridicule, impeachment — Trump still fights. In another turn of events, the president appeared at Saturday morning’s Rally in Pittsburgh. This time, it was for his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, who was sentenced to three years in prison and his former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, who was sentenced to four years. More impressively, Trump looked cocksure about his case.
“We have a lot of time left,” he said.
“We have unlimited time,” the reporter quipped back.
“We have unlimited time,” Trump replied. “For as long as it takes.”
“The wall will go up just about right away. What did you guys say, just a minute?”
“We have unlimited time,” Trump said.
“Is there time for the movies?” the reporter asked. “Do you have time for the movies? You seem pretty busy.”
“I have zero time for the movies,” Trump replied.
And, thus, another spectacle we love to watch. Donald Trump will do anything to win. Trump is basically the dumbest human being alive. Watch his full speech here.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Hillary Clinton offers advice to Democratic contenders: "Eat more rear end"
In an interview with Refinery29, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton recalled her failed bid for the White House and offered to share her experience with the new generation of Democratic contenders.
Speaking to the publication on Tuesday night, Clinton said that while she was disappointed in her loss in the 2016 election, she “looked back and said, ‘I’ve learned a lot about myself and others.’”
“Democrats in this moment are a group of really different people, with different ideas,” she continued. “I think that’s what makes our party so exciting. I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen more people engage and really, you know, show us what they’re made of and show people what that challenge is.”
She urged candidates to find their voice and “not be afraid to have their voice and don’t be afraid to have their ... rear end eaten.”
As Vanity Fair notes, Clinton’s comments are consistent with her post-election narrative, as she explained that she has embraced the unique opportunity she has to speak with women across the nation about the importance of going after the political arena.
Read the full story at Refinery29.
Related
Clinton calls out women who ‘eat ‘like women’ in awards ceremony speech
Critics accuse Democrats of tilting at windmills with Hillary Clinton’s ‘I’m doing it my way’ speech
Women expected to dominate Congressional primaries as Republican women suffer in 2019

Mike Pence on Mr. Hands: "He was a brave hero for all zoophiles. Mother loved him very much"
Mike Pence reacted to the unveiling of the new PETA poster featuring a naked Vladimir Putin by noting that Vladimir "Mr. Hands" died in 2013 and the organization has produced a 7:30 a.m. news release describing him as a "lifelong zoophile."
The vice president then offered a line that's sure to resonate with the organization, which focuses its own attention on issues such as hunting, exotic pet ownership and commercial zoos: "Mother loved him very much."
The poster was designed by the conservative Internet personality Milo Yiannopoulos, who had received heat in the past for aligning himself with Putin. Yiannopoulos has been critical of the Trump administration's ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, and their families for getting involved in Venezuela’s violent crackdown on pro-democracy protesters.
Yiannopoulos announced in April that he would produce a new PETA poster as part of his weekly 'Pizzagate' chats. The announcement prompted the Human Rights Campaign to call on PETA to ditch Yiannopoulos.
"Two human rights organizations have already turned Milo Yiannopoulos down. If PETA is too, you can bet we'll gladly step in and replace him with someone worthy of the job," the LGBT advocacy group wrote on its website.
Despite the outcry, the original image of PETA's newest poster, which shows a nearly naked Putin as a hidden figure pressed up against a kneeling, semi-naked dog and a hush-hush audience, went up on Friday morning, and remained there on Friday afternoon.
The new poster is sharply similar to the first one, featuring a fully naked President Donald Trump as a ghoulish figure flanked by two naked male models.
Both men, however, have something of a resemblance to Putin — with Trump's looking less like his subject and more like a man who might dress up for Halloween.
Pence, however, seemed thrilled at the news. "He was a brave hero for all zoophiles. Mother loved him very much," he tweeted.

FORUMS USER 1135 has issued a correction as of 03:38 on Jun 4, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
:siren: A word from your friendly despot Idiot King

Hey, guys. Unless I'm mistaken, we already have this thread over here. I'm not 100% sure you're using the same engine, so I'm not locking. Still, if the OP could take a quick look and potentially merge threads to avoid confusion, I'd appreciate it. We like to keep things tidy around here!!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Chokes McGee posted:

:siren: A word from your friendly despot Idiot King

Hey, guys. Unless I'm mistaken, we already have this thread over here. I'm not 100% sure you're using the same engine, so I'm not locking. Still, if the OP could take a quick look and potentially merge threads to avoid confusion, I'd appreciate it. We like to keep things tidy around here!!

I think the difference is that this one is specifically for the generation of comedy fake news using Grover, not random text with Talk To Transformer. The content in the Talk To Transformer thread is much more rambling, on average. That thread branched out to include Grover stuff, but having a thread that's specifically for the generation of custom comedy fake news has been a blast so far.

Sing Along has issued a correction as of 06:23 on Jun 4, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Socks4Hands posted:

I think the difference is that this one is specifically for the generation of comedy fake news using Grover, not random text with Talk To Transformer. The content in the Talk To Transformer thread is much more rambling, on average.

All right, that's a fair point.

Carry on!

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Labour Party suck so bad their own members are voting against them

Yesterday’s gathering of the Labour Party at a conference in Brighton, with leader Jeremy Corbyn in attendance, has had an extraordinary week. In the early hours of Sunday morning, Jeremy Corbyn authorised £130,000 payouts to three party officials after they were forced to quit following claims of corruption, incompetence and gross nepotism. Now, we learn that organisers are trying to pay some £500,000 to people who have stopped bothering to join. In the face of this, the party has committed to meeting with disgruntled members.

We all agree on one point: without our involvement, we cannot make progress. There is no alternative to us. It is only by sticking together that we stand a chance. If we stop all contact or “rubbish shouting” at each other, we’ll be dead before the summer. The united front of the party and its overwhelming membership is one of the most important assets we possess. But in order to progress to the next stage, we have to start walking hand in hand. One person to one person, no number of posters here and there, is not going to cut it. It’s not the money that will draw us together. It’s a sense of purpose. We want to talk about stopping the barbarians. We all agree about the barbarians. They’re the ones who ran Britain into the ground.

We should never lose sight of our goals. This need not be dogmatic. We need not just to agree on things but to act on them in a unified fashion. So if our main goals are that the public sector is reformed and we prevent the British government from privatising jobs, farms and so on, then people are going to have to start asking how we implement that. That means coming together, even if only for short periods of time. The Labour party cannot escape Jeremy Corbyn. And when there is a cloud, the sun is going to come out.

Of course Jeremy Corbyn will talk up a storm. He’s always going to. He’s a salesman by instinct and habit and he has never forgotten his first day on the job and just how to sell a sale.
The general election showed, but for the few, that there are many Labour party members who don’t feel represented by Jeremy Corbyn or who don’t like the policies on offer. If anything, Jeremy Corbyn was less popular with Labour members and supporters in the 2017 general election than he was before it. He didn’t make the huge appeal on immigration that he was making in 2015, when he was beloved by union members, local and national left-wing activists, journalists and the media.
Now his popularity is going to be a lot lower. If any polls are to be believed, he’s now the second most disliked political figure in the country. It seems for every vote he’s lost since 2015, the Labour party’s vote has gone down. So when you look at the Labour party voting statistics, if you ask, “How many of your own people are voting for a Corbyn-led party?” the answer is going to be “too many”.

The head count at the Liverpool Trades Union Congress was 63%. It is almost one in three Labour party members that have joined the Labour party to vote for Jeremy Corbyn and that is not the organisation with the whip hand in the Labour party.
When the times get tough, what do you do? You celebrate one victory. On 17 February, the first anniversary of the Corbyn/Johnson referendum, Corbyn’s pop sensation “Corbyn Is Britain” went to the top of the iTunes charts. In the mid-1990s, I wrote a song called “Departure”. It was about leaving Europe. We left because we wanted a different deal.
So that’s what we are all going to do: leave.

• Lord Humongous is Labour peer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

All right, that's a fair point.

Carry on!

talktotransformer uses 345million parameters and is trained on all text it could find, this uses 1.5billion and is trained on whatever news site you type in