Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«43 »
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

mortons stork posted:

I did not know this. Not that it matters that much tbf, there is really very little pressure. I nailed the run going the long way around on my first try

Yeah it has to be doable this way because of the "beginner's luck" achievement. So it's pretty generous about the timing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

I think a lot of people hear the end-game track that starts playing when you remove the ATP core and misinterpret it as being the supernova track because of the similarity, and start rushing way harder than necessary. Assuming you grab the core as early as possible, you should have enough time to complete the whole run with 10~ minutes to spare. Even if you miss the first or second pass of the sand column you'll have plenty of time to take it slowly through Dark Bramble.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A melancholy ending if there ever was one. Still helping create a new universe is certainly a neat way to go.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Just finished this game the other day. It went from 'huh, that does look pretty interesting' to my absolute favourite game in years.

I think I spent way more time on the warp core run than I needed to. Because Ash Twin doesn't open up until later in the cycle I went straight to Dark Bramble, tried finding the vessel without using the escape pod, then if I could I input all the coordinates and left my beacon there so I could definitely find the vessel next time. If all that went well then I'd go to ATP, grab the core then just plug it in and flip the switch. I practiced that loop about six or so times before one really went well and I thought 'poo poo, this is it.' and grabbed the core to do it for real. That music kicking in for the final run was so drat good. Real Sunshine vibes.

Anyone do it that way or am I alone in making things needlessly complicated ?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

I encourage anyone who played the game and has a VR headset to give the mod a try. It's absolutely amazing how huge and real everything feels with it. I guess I'm really lucky because i have absolutely zero motion sickness flying in zero G in VR, it's more the walking on planets that gives me issues. I still have to curb my speed though and given the clunky controls of tools in the VR mod I doubt anyone could ever play the game this way as a first attempt, but it's really great for visiting places you love in the game.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010

Switchblade Switcharoo

Tirranek, leaving your probe at the vessel is redundant, it's selectable as a waypoint after you've found it the first time.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Chev posted:

Tirranek, leaving your probe at the vessel is redundant, it's selectable as a waypoint after you've found it the first time.

Wellll, poo poo. That makes things simpler.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

It's still important if you want to get the achievement for winning the game in the first cycle, to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010

Switchblade Switcharoo

Well no, cause you can still do it with time to spare by going the signal way.

«43 »