Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Finished it

Definitely a contender for game of the year for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Hwurmp posted:

And once you get inside the Probe Tracking Module, what can you see?

A Nomai statue.

although its eyes aren't lit :pseudo: dev oversight? Or maybe there's just another statue on the Probe Cannon that I can't find.

I assumed that the statues are just for uploading and downloading memories from people based on the lore for them. I think the probe launcher itself can just directly transmit to the ash twin project

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Over There posted:

Just finished it. Everyone needs to play this game immediately.

Yeah its gonna be hard for another game to be goty for me.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

also now that you can fast forward time waiting for the first step isn't an issue either

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Samopsa posted:

Lots of frustations with the final part of the game have been patched tho: campfire waiting and the popup showing crucial info at the end were added after the game launched.

Think the pop up was always there. At least it was when I played the game shortly after realease

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Just checked a walkthrough that was made 4 days after the games release on the pc and the pop up was there so if it was patched in it was incredibly quick

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

hell yeah time to repurchase this game

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

dmboogie posted:

general giant's deep musing:

i find it very funny how the giant ocean world isn't where you find all the terrifying fish. the first time i landed there i 100% expected to see some subnautica bullshit but im glad there were just friendly jellfish

one of the villagers at the beginning of the game hints at this being the case so it's funny when it's not

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

The interloper being the cause of the extinction of the nomai is definitely also meant to be a bait and switch. You expect it to be hubris that brought them down due to risky science but then it turns out it was just a tragic natural disaster. The game does the same thing with the supernova. You expect it to be caused by the sun station or some other left over nomai tech but it also turns out to just be a natural disaster and the remnants of the nomai are actually saving you

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Look at the picture behind your space suit when you grab it on the ship, it gives 4 examples of what to use the scout for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Yeah besides some parts of ember twin there is nowhere you need to get to in a hurry

22 minutes is more than enough time to explore a few different places