Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

haveblue posted:

There's something for every phobia. If the dark cramped caves don't get you the storms over deep ocean will. If that doesn't, the rickety bridges over a long fall will. If that doesn't, the endless fog and monsters will. And if none of that works, the promise of the inevitable, unavoidable death of all things will fill you with existential terror.

The only part that got me was the moment I realized I had TrulyFuckedUpTM by destroying reality through duping the probe. Even the other variations of that particular incident didn't get me as much as that.

E: The ending where you've removed the core and then left for the quantum moon's secret location is also pretty existentially creepy.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

MikeJF posted:

I'm sure I'm the billionth person to say this, but having an endgame based around being suuuuuper slow and patient and creeping pace in a game centered around a ticking clock time limit is an... interesting choice

It's by far the weakest part of the game. Which is a shame because the rest is so good. Instead just cheesing the anglers by barreling into the final room at max speed to glide past them is a more reasonable use of time and completely avoids the arbitrary thrust limits

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Part of the issue is that you don't want people solving the problem until quite late. That's why they've decided to put the new heavy hints inside the Black Hole Forge - it's a location that people almost always get to towards the end of the game.

I made it to that location super early by having found the button to raise the forge itself and then ramming the ship into the platform upside down until it let me land near the forge. So not perfect but a hell of a lot better. Also I still judge the game harshly for the Core puzzle just because it's the only teleporter that acts differently in that they're supposed to require alignment to the body you want to go to and yet the core which is always in alignment requires its twin to be overhead instead which is just nonsensical.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Kin posted:

Is there some sort of super secret trick to that area?

It's a very badly made spot for pc and you already figured out the trick - just expand on it.
If that's not enough then
Dive into nest after having a very fast run up and just drift past. It'll only take a 10 seconds or so if you have enough speed going in

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Just beat the game and it was trippy as hell. Question re: a certain node in dark bramble Is there a way to get past the angler fish while still in the ship? I ended up stopping right outside the red node and making the rest of the journey in my suit since its not as loud, but I feel like theres some way to finesse the ship past without getting eaten

It's meant to be done with controller where you barely thrust forwards. The easier trick though is to just barrel into the portal at ludicrous speed and drift past them all without thrusting because momentum is mostly maintained

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Doesn't even matter if your ship explodes if you jump out before it does.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Noper Q posted:

Quantum Moon

A vague hint:
What's the only thing that doesn't change when you use the towers?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Bedshaped posted:

I feel like this specific lesson was never actually followed up in a puzzle. Wasted opportunity?

Definitely. Though I think some of the idea behind it was to help teach for the Quantum Towers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Velius posted:

1. Deep Getting through to the inner core. I can get down below the currents, I've found Feldspar and his little hidden jellyfish, and got the hint they're insulators. But I can't do anything with them to get through, if I touch them they zap me, if I use the ship they zap the ship. I'd love a non-spoilerific answer to whether it's just fiddly controls and I'm supposed to just do something very precise with a hitbox, or if there's more to it that I'm missing, so I don't lose my mind.

2. Dark Bramble. Feldspar suggested I probe around to avoid randomly running into anglerfish. I know the Vessel and escape pod 3 are on the planet somewhere, but it certainly seems like my probes do nothing but warp back to Feldspar's house. I'm assuming I'm missing something here as well, like needing to launch them from certain spots (the nodes between warps seem like a possility).

1) Missed Nothing
2)What are the nodes?
What tools do you have?
What's changing on the UI?
Isn't it strange how that marker changes...

E: Added some more vague hints. Nothing spoilery but still increasing in things to look for.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 14, 2021