Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Small question about Dark Bramble:

I found the escape pod and followed the path to the seed with the vessel inside it. I shot my scout in to take pictures and that was noted in the ship's log. The log note makes me think I was supposed to have gleaned something about how to get to the vessel from those pictures but uhh I definitely didn't. Is there a hint to be found there (don't tell me what it is) or am I supposed to just poke around the bramble until I find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lol oh yeah, ty

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Xaris posted:

drat I'm kinda mad I beat the game before the update. The gravity change at HE Lab would have been welcome considering I loving fell out of there several times not realizing what was going on and that pissed me off because I had to wait for the loving teleporter all over. The campfire fast-forward would have been nice, and I'm sure some of the writing would have helped me a lot. For people that have checked out these art/writing/design changes, a few questions:

One minor nitpick is getting into the Ash Core was extremely obtuse. I did have the entry that said "there are 6 towers and only 5 celestial bodies" however, the first two times I tried using the Ash Twin tower I just got sucked into space which really loving threw me for loop and confused the hell out of me so I figured that was just a dud and tried all the others, and then I thought there must be a hidden tower somewhere. So that took quite a lot of time. It's kinda bullshit it's actually timed pretty tightly. Did they change that? That was really the only thing I had to Google to lookup which really made me kinda mad because I intentionally didn't want to google anything but given it failed me twice I was really at my wits end.

Also chalk me up for gently caress anglerfish for the end crew. Once I realized I could just align myself in the middle, tap forward briefly and then it locks me going forward very slowly past them until I was 1.5km out it was fine. But it took me 5 tries and I was getting pissed waiting for the Ash Core Teleporter and almsot just gave up. It's not good design at all. I feel like they should have done something to make it much less sensitive instead of relying on some very hard to control keys and obtuse mechanic of gliding past.

I only played after the patch so I can't compare but these two were still sore points for me

The game overall is so, so good about leaving breadcrumbs for you to find your way to the next point of interest but the solution for getting into Ash Core is still not properly signposted imo. It was the one solution I had to straight up google too except that I didn't even think to try beforehand, I just didn't put it together at all. For what its worth the timing seemed relaxed from what you describe, I only got flung out once.

That specific anglerfish spot also frustrated me as well though I think it was mostly my own fault. I had interpreted the Ember Twin clue about anglers to mean that I was supposed to throw the ship at them as a distraction and the first time I visited the vessel it actually worked like a charm. When I attempted the return trip though I couldn't replicate it, and since I had it in my mind that that was the intended solution I tried it half a dozen times before deciding to rethink my approach, which was frustrating. However I think that once you get it in your head to just NOT HIT THE THRUSTER NO MATTER WHAT its actually fairly lenient. I'm pretty sure I clipped through one of their hitboxes a little while drifting and it didn't trigger them.

I only ever used the campfire for the end run but that would have been a little painful without it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
My first death was flying directly into timber hearth's moon at a million miles an hour.

luxury handset posted:

i tried to climb out of the town crater and fell off the rocks to my death :jeb:

also yeah i describe this game to people as "the environment itself is the antagonist and they hit every spooky environmental thing that freaks people out in games"

dark bramble was bad, but my god giant's deep hosed me up. i HATE deep water in video games

Yeah gian't deep was definitely the scariest place for me

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Arrhythmia posted:

The teleporter. You can either get to it early before the sand drains and walk over the cacti or just get good at platforming.

I must have tried platforming around the cacti half a dozen times before I realized, wait a sec there is no way they're expecting this level of precision jumping in this chill exploration game