Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I am addicted to this game. I keep discovering new branches by accident while trying to complete others. The atmosphere, design, everything just works super well and it runs like a dream on my One X. I just want to find out what happened to Feldspar ASAP because I am intrigued as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I do not understand how the White Hole Station works at all. I routinely fall into the Black Hole at the Hanging City and end up here, read the instructions, and nothing happens. Am I standing in the wrong spot? Am I missing something?

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

1stGear posted:

Light spoiler: You haven't actually turned the station on

Full spoiler: You can use the lifts on the side to go to a lower floor and get the station actually rotating. Once it is, stand in the center of the upper floor, look up, and wait for the station to line up with Brittle Hollow

I felt so dumb when I figured it out literally seconds after posting this haha. Now I'm trying to ,find my way into the bitch rear end observatory. I can't seem to find the right "path". Might need to watch a video because your boy is lost.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I am stuck again haha, this game keeps stumping me.

Quantum Tower, I am inside at the bottom and I see where I want to be at the top. My mind tells me I need to get to the Black Hole Forge somehow to solve this, but I also can't figure that out. The way is blocked by some fallen poo poo and I can't for the life of me figure it out. I keep running out of time too quickly to find any new clues.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

jjac posted:

It's easy to assume it'll kill you when you fall in, but you might get some ideas for accessing both of these beyond the black hole.

I've been to WHS many times because I am clumsy as hell but never really understood it's purpose other than getting back to BH. However, I just did a trip to the Twins and am noticing there must be a lot more to it. Granted, I've searched WHS high and low and haven't figured out what I am missing (ship log says I am missing info there).

fez_machine posted:

Part 1 Black Hole Forge has nothing to do with it
Part 2 The gravity is too high on Brittle Hollow to jet pack up into the tower. If only there were some place where gravity wasn't an issue.
Part 3 Try waiting around in the tower

The only thing I've tried is somehow sling shotting myself into the tower via the black hole, but that doesn't seem to be what you mean lmao. I'll try waiting around like you suggest and see what happens.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Oldstench posted:

Think of what is constantly happening to the planet.

Lmao OHHHH. It just clicked in my head. Thanks dude, I was waiting down in the actual tower about to run out of oxygen confused as hell. I thought maybe when it passed over the WHS the gravity would invert. I am not a smart man.

Edit: I had absolutely no clue that happens to the Quantum Tower, hence my confusion. I thought you meant that the asteroids would eventually break open the roof or something lmao. I hadn't spent enough time to observe that the QT falls in. That was wild as hell.

Ziji fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 6, 2019

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

SardonicTyrant posted:

I just want this week to end so I can spend all weekebd playing this game.

How long is it btw?

I am not at home to check for sure, but I easily have 10+ hours over the past few days and I'd say there is still so much I KNOW I haven't done yet, and who knows how much I don't know is out there. The game is longer if you mess up or get stuck, shorter if all the puzzles and stuff click with you.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Observe how things react over time as well. Not everything is a race to get there very fast and get started. Sometimes time is on your side.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Looking for some more direction or hints.

Black Hole Forge: What the hell do I do to get here? I have been trying for days and I can't figure out what I'm missing. I've tried hanging around White Hole Station thinking maybe something pops up there and I get on it but nope. I am lost as hell.

"More to explore": I have this on Sunless City, Hanging City, and White Hole Station. I swear I've been EVERYWHERE on Sunless City and White Hole Station so I am just lost as hell as to what else I could possibly be looking for.

Cacti, Ghost Matter, Anglers: Not so much looking for a spoiler but is there a special plot thing to grab to get rid of them? Especially the cacti are infuriating haha. Anglers I am generally able to avoid but getting to the Vessel has been a journey.

Also, if anyone has any just like "nudges" to give me toward anything that's kind of out of the way I'd appreciate it. I've seen spoilers about easter eggs or cool poo poo they stumbled upon but I didn't want to hit it for fear of spoilers.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

Meallan posted:

It would help if you said what entries you have so we can compare to our own entries and see what might be missing.

Though, with Sunless City I had that same problem. if you have been to the lab, to the anglerfish cave and managed to enter the temple, you might be missing one of the entries in a house to the right of the anglerfish outlook entrance. As you explore it, you'll notice one of the rooms is inaccessible since it has cacti baring your entrance. Send a scout into the room, then exit the building, fly up, and you'll see a bunch of holes in the ground where sand is falling. One of the holes will take you inside the room. The entry associated with this one is about the sun station.

I'll give this a shot, and thanks man. Next time I'll post my lore entries to get a better understanding of what's missing. I am still kind of lost on a lot of stuff and haven't found my way to the Black Hole Forge, Sun Station, or found a way to get to the Vessel without the Anglerfish eating me. I have theories about a lot of stuff but can't seem to find any sort of way to solve it on my own, but I am trying haha. Like for example the white hole station is entirely too confusing for my brain to process how I am supposed to travel from it to anywhere but Brittle Hollow. I have tried everything but it seems the ONLY place that the station can target is Brittle Hollow so idgi.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

dmboogie posted:

White Hole Station hint:

The White Hole Station can only teleport you to Brittle Hollow. However, you might be able to find the same teleporter technology elsewhere.

I found what seemed similar on Ash Twin, but I forget the reason I couldn't do Sun Station (only place I hadn't been besides Quantum Moon). I just figured out how I'm supposed to get to QM, hypothetically, but not Sun Station. I guess the journey continues lmao. I also realized I haven't found the Quantum Shard on Ash Twins yet so I gotta figure that out too.

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Is removing the warp core a point of no return? I want to make sure I've seen and done everything before I take it out and possibly end the cycle!

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
I'm right at the end but wanted to get the Archaeologist achievement (or at least all the entries since I understand it is bugged). That being said, while making sure I had them all, I saw that I was missing an entire card called "Bramble Island". Is that the island on Giant's Deep with the frozen jellyfish and stuff?Because I've been there a million times and there's nothing to scan or see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

siotle posted:

There’s a recording somebody left behind. Besides that, I don’t think there’s anything.

Where? I've been all over it and can't seem to find anything.