Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
One thing I wish this game had was a way to get back to the ship quickly*, of all things. If I'm on my second visit to an area because there is still more to find, and get what I want, the trek to the ship (if it's even in the vicinity) plus travelling time to another place will take quite a bit. Plus, you know, waiting for the imminent death of the galaxy.

*A suicide button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Goddamit. Thanks!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Is there any way to get into (Brittle Hollow Spoilers) the Hanging City, specifically the top level, without some shenanigans in other planets/places? I can get to the "elevator" via the shortcut to the surface pretty fast, so I don't think it's a matter of getting there faster.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 4, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

dmboogie posted:

Solution, which may spoil more for you than just this puzzle: One of the Ash Twin's teleporter towers will take you to the top of the Hanging City.

Thanks, I had just discovered this (pro tip: Ask the already established explorers what you should be doing. It's kinda obvious in retrospect.), but didn't connect the dots.

Now to find how to make those work.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Party Boat posted:

Dark Bramble spoilers

I found the Nomai grave and used my scout to figure out where the Vessel is, but as soon as I go through the red light there's anglerfish RIGHT THERE and even hitting my thrusters gently to avoid them triggered them. Do I just need to get better at silently drifting past or is there some other trick I'm missing?

You're on the right track. I just match speeds just before the "transition" happens, speed up just a bit after that, aiming for the red light (not the probe) and wait until I have drifted past the anglerfish. Once you reach the source of the red lights the anglerfish no longer aggro because you're too far away and you're free to go towards the probe.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I've just tried and CheatEngine works pretty well if you want to speed up the game.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I have managed the most difficult thing: I have seen a YOU ARE DEAD message. Game should have had the balls to delete my save, tough. I'm wouldn't have even been angry, the game pretty much tells you what will happen after you remove the Warp Core.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Party Boat posted:

It took me about six loops to actually survive to the supernova, I kept flying my ship or myself into things at speed.

It took me about that long to make really, really, REALLY sure I couldn't land into the thing orbiting the Sun.

I mean, it may be possible, with some fancy flying, but I certainly couldn't.

Edit: Spoilered, just in case.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Beat the game, really enjoyed it. I'm curious what happens when you miss the (QM spoilers) Sixth Location

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 6, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ending spoilers: Seeing all the galaxies go up in blue light was a punch in the guts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Meallan posted:

Yes, I did. All entries around the city are completed, just not the city itself. Is it not supposed to have more than 3 entries?

Perhaps it's a bug?

Can’t remember if that’s the one missing, but there is one from the lights, building in the top right, the lower floor is full of ghost matter. Also, on the buildings in front of you, from the lights, you can drop down through one of the sand holes and end up in an otherwise unreachable area. Send a scout in beforehand to help you find it.

You may have to leave the light off so you can use an elevator hole, can’t remember exactly