Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Just finished this game and I'm absolutely blown away! Now I'm kinda sad there's no more exploring to do.

A few things that made me go :aaaaa: :

At Ember Twin I was messing around in the High Energy Lab and I accidentally caused a time paradox after removing a warp stone mid experiment. Even got a special game over message out of it.

Sometimes after a violent death your character gasps and rapidly blinks their eyes while waking up. Well one time after the final blink, the Quantum Moon appeared in the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Hwurmp posted:

How did you pull this off, because holy poo poo I have to see it for myself

Hint:
What was the purpose of the experiment? What phenomenon were the Nomai trying to observe?

A bit more spoilery hint:
If you get the timing just right...

Answer (if you want to be spoiled):
Shoot the scout into the mini black hole and remove one of the warp cores right before it enters it.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I decided to jump back in to see if I missed anything and I'm glad I did. One of the things I found was a neat and fun feature on your ship. There's an eject button! Even though it's mostly there as a gag, I tested it out and there's actually a section late in the game where it's pretty useful.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Azathoth256 posted:

So, I just found out that your ship has an eject button which I think you can only access using free look. I have no idea how it would ever actually be useful, but it was a neat thing to discover.

I found it to be a useful speed boost when floating past the anglerfish in the red section of Dark Bramble.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

SardonicTyrant posted:

Man, I'm not looking forward to (super spoiler)taking out the warp core from Ash Twin and bringing it to Dark Bramble. It's bad enough you have to wait half the loop to warp to the core, then you have to navigate the single worst spot in the entire game (those three anglerfish)

The eject button is your friend. It took me less than a minute to traverse that section.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

xiw posted:

What a game. I got stuck on the sand cactus after trying flying through a heap of times, entering the black hole forge since I forgot about the raise/lower control, and the final jump since I copied down the first letter of the code incorrectly

The game makes you feel like a genius when you solve things though. Figuring out the jellyfish, the quantum tower, and the dark bramble were all super highs.

Seriously! I stumbled upon the solution to getting inside the quantum tower on Brittle Hollow by accident after being stumped for the longest time.

I was looking all over the tower looking for an entrance and I tried firing my scout into there for an extra set of eyes. Then soon after the whole place fell into the black hole and I figured that was that and just about gave up. That was until I was floating around White Hole Station when I noticed my scout was still nearby and... :aaaaa:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Hobojim posted:

Bigass story spoilers:

For the third point, I think the third statue is paired to the ash twin project itself? That's how the data gets sent back in time 22 minutes. I think the 3rd person being alive is just quantum fuckery going on but it's not really explained.

Third mask is paired to the Probe Control Module since that's where the coordinates to the Eye are being recorded.

As for Solanum, it never clearly explains it but it's hinted that she happened to be on the Quantum Moon during the ghost matter explosion. That would explain why the quantum iterations of her within the solar system are dead and the version of her in the sixth location is still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Xaris posted:

Does anyone have a list of what the writing changes are? Does it make more clear that all the Nomai died because of the interloper spewing ghost matter? I found the text where they were like 'oh these a new comet, we're gunna check it out' and that was that. I didn't realize the Interloper killed them all until the end-game part where it takes you back into the Observatory and theres a plaque that goes 'all the nomai died because of the comet' and i was like I feel like I missed a major plot point there somehow even though my journal was filled...

Did you explore the inner core of the comet and find the corpses? The recordings found on them made it obvious they had just stumbled upon a powder keg that was about to blow. That has been there before the update.