Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greader
Oct 11, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

So people might already know about this, but I found a fun easter egg:

If you're inside the Ash Twin project when the supernova happens, you can see the core open up a black hole and all the masks sending the information into it to send it back in time. Someone else already mentioned this which is why I thought to try it - but the bit I found is you can then jump into the black hole yourself. It'll rewind the game as usual, but after doing it you might notice something different on your map. Go back into the Ash Twin project to check it out.

It got brought up a while back, but it is a really neat thing

I also heard that after doing that, you can jump into the black hole a second time and get a slightly different result, but I forgot to test that one to see whether that is true or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Echoes of the Eye speculation:

One thing I noticed in the store picture showing off the exhibit, it looks like the new place to explore will be in a polar orbit/whatever the type is called that basically goes in a vertical line flying over the two poles, rather than the usual horizontal one that all other planets are. It would also explain the spooky trailer part where the sun seems to go dark as the view looks at all the planets from above/below, it is actually being eclipsed by the planet (which also might have some kind of darkness thing going on?). If nothing else, gonna be a bit easier to autopilot to since you don't need to worry about any other planets being in the way.