Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
So, question regarding the Ash Twins, I activated the high energy lab, and figured out what the warp towers correspond to. But they aren't activating, what am I missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Ah, gently caress. I am a dumdum

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

MikeJF posted:

If you've been to the vessel once you can mark it on your computer and it'll lead you through the direct route without having to go to escape pod 3

I did not know this. Not that it matters that much tbf, there is really very little pressure. I nailed the run going the long way around on my first try

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Can someone point me gently in the right direction? I found a slide reel which pointed to the endless canyon's lodge and the tree mural secret passage. I KNOW I have seen a tree mural somewhere else, but I can't for the life of me find it again I'm just getting frustrated with this part, since also it ain't recorded in the log.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

The tree mural is on the bottom floor of the lodge, right near the entrance. Only issue is you'll need to go far to the left side of the lodge via the hand warps in order to reach the thing that lights up the bridge so you can descend.

Wait, isn't that where an alien comes out of when you snuff out the light? is there something in its room? Or is the reel pointing at how to find the elevator to the forbidden archive? 'Cause I kinda accidentally worked my way to it waaaay earlier by experimenting with laying down the lantern and seeing all the bridges in green digital strings vision at one point, just working my way backwards from what I could see/reach

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

The reels all tell you how to get to the archives, yes. There's one for each location.

Thanks a lot! Looks like I know where I'm going next session!

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I went and finished the game finally, that last hint I got was what I needed and it was smooth sailing from there.
Ending spoilers
That ending :cry: :cry: :cry:
Poor antler-owl alien :cry:
that hit way harder than I expected

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Regarding getting there, if you beeline for the deep space satellite at the beginning of the cycle you'll find it almost immediately at 40°, no waiting required.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

Or you could do what I and apparently a lot of other people did and go to the satellite and wait for 137 before starting to look around, because the spaceman is a way more prominent and easy to notice weird thing than the partial eclipse

Haha, I had initially thought that there'd be something like quantum shenanigans or somesuch, seeing a guy teleport on the satellite or whatever, but then I found that recording and confirmed that yeah, it's not the spaceman lol. then I knocked the satellite out because I am a bumbling fool and had to reset the cycle, which turned out just as well as I found out I didn't have to wait for it to circle around to 40°

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I really liked the DLC, and feel like the whole part about a horror section and frightening aspects is way oversold. Especially once you realize what's going on.

I absolutely love the new location introduced, as it's for me one of my all-time favorite sci-fi concepts and seeing it lovingly rendered here and made explorable is truly the sort of gift I could not ask for. And I loved the atmosphere overall, I like how it kept itself within the same thematic vein of tempered yet hopeful sci-fi. And I love how much of a different adventure it is from the base game. So all in all i'm v. happy with it and it made me feel good feels. Recommend

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

dmboogie posted:

the slideshow and the music for taking to the prisoner legit made me cry a little so i legit don’t understand anyone who was underwhelmed by that lmao

but it WOULD be nice to more definitely know that you’re done there afterward

mostly same. When hit me what had happened after the prisoner left that vision staff there and disappeared without a trace I was just like noooooo :cry:

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
also after they imprisoned the poor bastard, they specifically torched the controls to the Eye blocker. Neat little detail

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
One thing that just hit me about the owl-people is that their planet doesn't orbit a star, but a gas giant instead. So that's the most prominent thing in their skyline and also the reason they are permanently in the dark. to us it's spooky, to them it's tuesday. So imagine going in there and blowing out all their lights. They must rightfully think the player is an rear end in a top hat for coming in and doing that

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

Which explains why the Quantum Moon remains in orbit around Giant's Deep for the entire time they're active in the system - they collectively never stopped watching it, and as a result, never noticed that it was quantum.

Holy gently caress

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
also went back for a couple of loops to gently caress around, and going up close to it, i noticed how the glass in the big window to space on the Stranger isn't actually a window! It's some sort of screen, I could see the RGB pieces up close, and it flickered before recomposing once the Stranger deploys its uhhhhh wings? Don't know exactly what they are, they seem connected to when its nav computer decides to book it out of range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Hahahaha that is really the best. The magic is still there afterwards imo. There are still questions that pop into my head sometimes.

I collected some very awed impressions from my friends as I'd occasionally get a discord message one evening going 'HOly gently caress I JUST FIGURED X OUT that was insane!!!'

Speaking of your DLC spoiler textI was pretty much crying when I heard THAT key change. there have not been many pieces of art to provoke that reaction for me
Curious to see if it touches others as much as it did me.