Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Just wanted to say that I finally got around to playing this and it was a rad experience. This tiny solar system is one of the most creative and inventive video game environments ever designed. Being able to piece together clues and solve the environmental puzzles sparked such a joy in me that very few recent games have been able to do. I think BOTW is the only such game where exploring was its own reward. The general mood of the game was this odd mix of frantic rushing to beat the time limit, existential dread from the loneliness of the cold uncaring cosmos, and chill campfire moments that really worked when blended altogether.

I will echo everyone else's complaints about the Ash Twin Project teleporter and the entirety of Dark Bramble, because that place is scary and unfun. But outside of that, I could gush about everything else.

I wish i could wipe my memories and play this fresh again. Although in the next time around, i hope they fix the auto pilot so it doesn't fly me into the sun whenever i want to get to the Twin planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Is it that hard to ask for an auto pilot in fiction that isn't evil?

Outer Wilds' auto pilot? Evil

Wall-E's auto pilot? Evil

Airplane's auto pilot? Well, maybe not evil but he couldn't land the plane safely.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

what is evil about outer wilds' auto pilot

It has a perverse tendency to hurl me into the sun, despite telling it numerous times to not throw me into the sun.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

I'm going to get the DLC regardless, but how anglerfish-free is the expansion?

I really hated those things, so if the number of anglers is zero, then that makes the expansion infinitely better than base game.